Server crash error for ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent

AaronMcH

Question

Title: Server crash error for ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent

Version: 3.1.3

Java Version: Java Version 7 Update 4 (Build 1.7.0_04-b22

Description of Problem:

On the 15th I updated to the latest 3.1.3 dev build, just now the server crashed with the error below. The error occured when the player tried to worm up a Rotary Macerator, I restarted the server and any time someone tried to connect the server would crash.

I have downgraded to the 3.1.2 release from a backup, so I don't need any support directly, as the server seems to be fine now after doing this.

Error Log:

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:62)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.q_(TileEntityAdvancedMachine.java:130)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1189)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:559)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:49)

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] ... 5 more

2012-11-18 20:04:57 [sEVERE] Unexpected exception

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:62)

at ic2.advancedmachines.TileEntityAdvancedMachine.q_(TileEntityAdvancedMachine.java:130)

at net.minecraft.server.World.tickEntities(World.java:1189)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.w(MinecraftServer.java:559)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:457)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: ic2.platform.NetworkManager.initiateTileEntityEvent(net.minecraft.src.TileEntity, int, boolean)

at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)

at ic2.api.NetworkHelper.initiateTileEntityEvent(NetworkHelper.java:49)

... 5 more

9 answers to this question

Same here. When Im near a building with IC2 equipment I get major lag like 1 frame per 30s. I just hope this not finalized like mentioned, if so WOW! Was working fine b4 3.1.3, so I rolled back to 3.1.2 and not any better, seems lag starts only when near that area!?!

As I said in the post, all I had to do to fix this was restore the 3.1.2 files from a backup, i.e. the jar, mods folder, configs folder, etc, and it didn't cause an issue after that. I didn't need to restore the world, remove anything from it, or any of my plugins.

Although for anyone who doesn't have a backup copy, here is a link to download a copy of 3.1.2 http://mirror.technicpack.net/Technic/servers/tekkit/Tekkit_Server_3.1.2.zip

Hopefully there is a fix for this found and added soon.

Fixed!!!!

ic2.api.networkHelper (NetworkHelper.java:62)

- tileentity, Integer.valueOf(i), Boolean.valueOf(flag)

+ tileentity, Integer.valueOf(i), flag

It was using the wrong boolean type.

it's boolean, not Boolean.

Sorry, but that's wrong, in java the Boolean object and boolean primitive are interchangeable as are all primitive types with their object counterpart, the issue with that specific function is the wrong package name on the TileEntity, which is net.minecraft.src but SHOULD be net.minecraft.server

Check this topic, later in the topic there is a patch download for Ic2

http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/3-1-3-reported-issues-and-possible-fixes.30863/