New computer for tekkit!

Stop mocking me0

I'm skimreading over most of this topic... Too many people creating multiple word walls .-.

Let's just all agree: Computers are good, some companies are bad, personal preference is personal.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

but wait i thought your a computer expert?

you should know if it works or not. LOL

Expert, yes it does work on windows 7 64 bit or if you silly enough to have 32bit, any dos program should work if you try hard enough via dosbox i have not seen a game that does not work in dosbox, but if you still have a problem running dos programs you can always use vmware workstation and run ubcd, or hirens boot disk.

But then again dell is bundled with the gimped version of windows 7 so it probbley is 32bit home lol

Dont forget to type in your sound settings if you done a clean boot.

SET SOUND16=C:\TEMP;

SET BLASTER=A220 I7 D1 H3 P330 T6

to everyone else this is a good site to for ye old dos games http://www.abandonia.com/en/game/all/Abandonware

for the person who asked about legalities, depends some will state that they have been abandonent or there copyright has expired, or they have released them to public domain if that is the case then they are free.

No one can tell you every program that is compatible especially if they have never used the programme. No my computer is windows 64bit so that just shows you don't know dell as they do support 64bit and if i am not mistaken all of there computer are 64bit

biggest thing i not a forum geek i reply when i can and i write when someone needed help, or someone like Fizzy is giving wrong info like he has and claiming to be an I.T expert when he just an administrator at best, i dont care about grammer, and releastically nether should anyone as long as the point is made seriously this a forum not a english class.

Thanks for understanding that grammar is not everything, but i must point out i never in any of my posts put expert and to be honest no one is an expert in every side of IT mine is mainly server side.

:words:

No, actually, grammar (not grammer) is important. Having proper grammar (and spelling) means you present yourself as an intelligent and well-spoken individual. For example, my posts likely elicit an image of a cranky old English guy nattering on about how these young folks are ruining the language, while your posts elicit the image of your average 'hood rat trying to impress his homies with his mad computer skillz.

In case you didn't catch it: You sound like a fucking idiot, and you are a rude little bugger to boot.

Please, I beg you, fuck up enough times that some moderator bans you. It's the one way you can improve this forum.

I'm not going to even bother addressing the rest of your rambling incoherence (because :effort: ), save to mention that it is hard to believe that you built an entire company while communicating with such poor language skills.

No one can tell you every program that is compatible especially if they have never used the programme. No my computer is windows 64bit so that just shows you don't know dell as they do support 64bit and if i am not mistaken all of there computer are 64bit

Thanks for understanding that grammar is not everything, but i must point out i never in any of my posts put expert and to be honest no one is an expert in every side of IT mine is mainly server side.

i never said all dells do not come with 64bit OS but many of them dont hardware and software are two different things.DOSbox look it up it is a emulation of DOS and it runs nearly all dos games secondly i said if you cant run a dos game use UBCD, that has DOS on it, Real DOS, that will run DOS programmes. Hirens boot Disk again google it, also has a DOS image you can boot from and with the Settings i posted before would get your sound running, because all everyone based there hardware on Creative labs sound blaster 16, for many years.

No, actually, grammar (not grammer) is important. Having proper grammar (and spelling) means you present yourself as an intelligent and well-spoken individual. For example, my posts likely elicit an image of a cranky old English guy nattering on about how these young folks are ruining the language, while your posts elicit the image of your average 'hood rat trying to impress his homies with his mad computer skillz.

In case you didn't catch it: You sound like a fucking idiot, and you are a rude little bugger to boot.

Please, I beg you, fuck up enough times that some moderator bans you. It's the one way you can improve this forum.

I'm not going to even bother addressing the rest of your rambling incoherence (because :effort: ), save to mention that it is hard to believe that you built an entire company while communicating with such poor language skills.

That is funny coming from you who is swearing to try to prove there point, not once did i swear at anyone, what just because i do not spend hours on a forum correcting grammar and spelling mistakes means i am an idiot?

LOL

Writing and spelling and Grammar are only half of communicating, there is such a thing called voice.

the last note i will not reply to you as you can not keep your cool in a debate in discussions, and constantly swear because you have nothing else better to do then to sit in a forum and swear at people when you have nothing else to say, but talk about peoples grammar. i think you would be banned. if anyone is banned.

Writing and spelling and Grammar are only half of communicating, there is such a thing called voice.

There is no such thing as voice on the internet. That means all of your meaning comes across in writing, spelling, and grammar. Learn to use it or :getout:.

the last note i will not reply to you as you can not keep your cool in a debate in discussions, and constantly swear because you have nothing else better to do then to sit in a forum and swear at people when you have nothing else to say, but talk about peoples grammar. i think you would be banned. if anyone is banned.

Swearing is clearly not losing your cool, as I'm sure Mr. L. Jackson will tell you. It simply indicates strong feeling. It is my opinion that it's overused, but what do I know?

Oh, and in case you didn't catch Cheap's warning...you just put a :banme: sign up. Enjoy your 3-day vacation.

...I swear twice in one post, and suddenly I'm not keeping my cool?

Whatever. I'm done.

Next time, just report it.

Next time, just report it.

:effort:

It wasn't something I thought was worth reporting. It was stupid and slightly insulting, yes, but that's the kind of thing one gets used to the Internet.

Didn't feel it was worth a moderator's time to report someone for being stubbornly obtuse. 'Twas simply easier to walk away from it.

Didn't feel it was worth a moderator's time to report someone for being stubbornly obtuse. 'Twas simply easier to walk away from it.

Keeping crap like this out of the forums is the point of our time in moderating the forums. Reporting it is quick and easy.

That is funny coming from you who is swearing to try to prove there point, not once did i swear at anyone, what just because i do not spend hours on a forum correcting grammar and spelling mistakes means i am an idiot?

LOL

I must say that was well put and civil.

All I can say is LOL

Lookit you, waving this around: :banme:

I must say that was well put and civil.

The fact that he got a three-day vacation from the forums leads me to believe it was not civil, and his atrociously bad grasp of his own language makes it rather poorly put.

Just my $.02.

Getting back on track...well, I actually don't have much to say about building new computers that hasn't already been said. Except that building one yourself is pretty fun and definitely a rewarding experience.