Hello All.

Recently i just got a new computer and downloaded Hexxit. The program itself runs as expected (for the most part), however when i go to close out of it, Java (the dreaded "Java platform SE Binary") stops responding. I am then forced to deal with all of the force quit/not responding/task manager bullshit in order to close it. Has anyone else experienced this problem and/or can anyone help me out? Any suggestions would be appreciated. As I said before, it's a new computer, so it has the most current versions of Java. It's a gaming computer, so I know for a fact that it has sufficient amounts of RAM and a powerful enough processor. Again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

-ifixthings

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Similar Content

• By bumblebray1
      When i try to load a pack a white bar pops up saying "You've selected Java 11.0.9.1, which is know to have issues with Minecraft, are you sure you want to contiune?" and when i click yes, technic closes then opens again. I understand that i need to install a different version of java but when i go into the settings for the java version on technic it opens a file, am i supposes to put the new java version there? It should be noted that im playing with linux on a chromebook. 
    • By brzi
      Hi, so I have a problem installing any modpack.. I tried reinstalling launcher, java, even tried a bunch of other java versions... I have a x64 system, here is a picture of my log
    • By Conex_0
      I'm tired and frustrated with this launcher. First it wouldn't even launch properly and I had to fix that, then it won't even detect 64 bit. I litteraly reinstalled the launcher and java multiple times, I even installed java online and offline, offline first, then when the launcher was open java online, and selected java online, and it still said it already had that in the launcher settings, still 32-bit. I just want to play a modpack with my friends on their server.
    • By samurich
      I have tried to put the 1.7.10 versions of the mods in Hexxit in Witchery. It then loads the game and whilst loading it just goes back to
      the launcher without any warning or notice or anything. Does anyone know what's happening here or have any tips on how to fix it?
    • By Superskillz69
      I've played tekkit for a couple thousand hours now and never once encountered the battle I'm going through now. I haven't played in about 6 months or so.
      Some things to note:
      - I have both java 32 bit and 64 bit  runtime environments and I have experimented with a variety of different versions (many recommended on this forum)
      -I have 16Gb of RAM, a dedicated GPU and my nVidia driver is up to date. I have also rolled back to previous versions and encountered the same issues.
      -With any 64 bit java installed on the PC, Technic Launcher will not launch.
      -When I uninstall 64 bit java, launcher starts (in 32 bit) but obviously ram cannot be changed etc... However whilst running, I can install 64 bit java and then change ram settings.
      -Packs will download in this case however will not launch even when RAM is set below 6GB. I get a little java pop-up window saying "Hello".
      -https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/5MGrYNsP44/

Please please please provide any assistance as I'm not ready to give up just yet!