It's open

ummmmmmmmmm

the thread's closed, so go away jerks.

MOD EDIT: Dug up the edit so you can see what was REALLY said!

I want to make this thread to see who thinks collectors are cheating, and who don't. I'm not trying to start a war or anything, I just want to see the different reasons and submit a few of my own.

First of all, a few rules.

• No swearing. This rule is non-negotiable, no matter how mad you get, or how frustrated
  • Do not harrass people, even if they make your reason seem ridiculous

Those are actually the only rules, so have fun.

But first, one of my reasons. "Just think, all collectors do is generate EMC using light. That may seem like cheating, but think. Solar panels also create energy (albeit electricity) using sunlight, and collectors are a lot more expensive."

Translation: "Flamewar, on my mark! And I'm covering my arse so this isn't instantly closed."

I do believe collectors will not exist in ee3 anymore. So attempting to drum up a good old argument clusterfuck over the most controversial part of EE is a wasted effort.

Translation: "Flamewar, on my mark! And I'm covering my arse so this isn't instantly closed."

I do believe collectors will not exist in ee3 anymore. So attempting to drum up a good old argument clusterfuck over the most controversial part of EE is a wasted effort.

I'm not trying to start an argument, and I didn't know that, so thanks

I want to make this thread to see who thinks collectors are cheating, and who don't. I'm not trying to start a war or anything, I just want to see the different reasons and submit a few of my own.

First of all, a few rules.

• No swearing. This rule is non-negotiable, no matter how mad you get, or how frustrated
  • Do not harrass people, even if they make your reason seem ridiculous

Those are actually the only rules, so have fun.

But first, one of my reasons. "Just think, all collectors do is generate EMC using light. That may seem like cheating, but think. Solar panels also create energy (albeit electricity) using sunlight, and collectors are a lot more expensive."

I know you said non-negotiable, but I really needed to swear and I was going to say two swears but you could negotiate me down to one and a half.

Fuck me, can't you hold it together for one god damn thread freakachu?

Meanwhile, I feel that the return from collectors was too large for such a relatively low cost and time investment. OP gave the example of solar panels, however the number of solar panels required to produce materials on the same scale as a single collector/relay flower was radically higher.

*Changed to past tense since collectors are no longer an issue.

That was quite unnecessary, my good fellow. I believe we should bury the hatchet, as it were, and retire to the local pub for a warm lager. What say you?

What about we do just that, and drown this petty hostility in some high quality intoxication.

Hoho, my good fellow, gentlemen do not settle disagreements with violence. You are starting to sound like the yanks. There is nothing that can not be discussed through civil debate, old boy.

(Read all of the last few in an English accent, preferably like a blustery old man.)

(Read all of the last few in an English accent, preferably like a blustery old man.)

(Oh, I did. I'm resisting the urge to laugh uncontrollably right now)

Hoho, my good fellow, gentlemen do not settle disagreements with violence. You are starting to sound like the yanks. There is nothing that can not be discussed through civil debate, old boy.

I couldn't agree more good sir.