Reccomendations for hosts?

_N_3_R_O_

hey guys im looking to move hosts and the one that sticks out is kolahosting they seem very good can anyone recommend them?

if im gonna move host i dont want it to be something im going to regret so....

if you have any other outstanding hosts please let me know

I used clan slots, and what they do is, automatically allocate as much ram as your server is using. You buy servers by the slot. It's a good concept and would be a great concept for minecraft servers, but not tekkit. They said I capped out my ram and CPU usage. I mean as long as you watch why you're building it'll be fine.

I recommend getting a dedicated host. *Link Removed* Limestone Networks would be the best by far.

It all depends what you plan to use it for, how many players/slots you want and what you want to be able to do.

I would highly recommend a VPS service like the one CreeperHostoffers, otherwise you will find yourself missing a good deal of the control you have gotten used to. I personally use CreeperHost and have done so for about 4 months now, to the extent I now actually have three VPS's from them to host both my Tekkit servers and Feed the Beast server. They have amazing staff and actually take the time to communicate with the customer. At the moment they are currently looking at running an IRC server specifically to streamline real-time communication.

The control panel can install a MySQL server on your VPS for a small one off fee, or you can freely install it yourself. They put no limitations on what you can or cannot have on your VPS.

I currently have 1 of my VPS's running Tekkit, my website and my MySQL server.

Some pro's:

Great Staff,

Great Service,

No Lagg,

Good choice of server locations,

Great Control Panel,

Good range of options to control your server, (You can connect via FTP, SFTP, SCP, SSH and HTTPS),

Useful applications to download so you can see and use your server console on your home PC like you can normally when hosting it at home.

Useful API you can use to dynamically update your website, or even create your own Control Panel.

Great Backup/Restore service from the control panel, It even allows you to perform Remote Backups to one of their secured off-site servers in case of "catastrophic failure"

They are constantly upgrading their control panel and hardware to get better performance.

They actually listen to their customers. (I have asked for 3 "new" features, all of which were added to their system within 12hours of the suggestion at no cost.)

Some con's:

Each VPS is initially limited to 30GB local storage (although you can usually negotiate for more)

Mod Edit: Links removed.

By far the best minecraft host is elpishost , the owner tyler is a great person he responds to tickets extremely fast and cooperates in a friendly manner, service is amazing we ran a 80 slot tekkit server off the best package they offered and the was barely lag, Any upgrades are handled pretty much instantly unlesss its like a os/hard drive change

Overall a pretty dammed good place to get started with a server

For dedicated servers the best 3 providers ive found are

limestonenetworks.com - Great staff and good deals on qualtiy dedicated servers

fragnet.com - Offer both vps and dedi's used them a few months back were above average

nfoservers.com - Used them for a month and the support is great and there servers are top notch

I use Beastnode.

They are fantastic hosts. They have competitive plans great server hardware and the support is top notch. I been with them for over a year and have loved every moment of it.

They use MultiCraft control panel which can install Mysql if you want it.

It comes with free Mumble (Like TeamSpeak)

Free website hosting

They use the latest server hardware

T1 internet so you will never have a problem with that

MASSIVE list of server locations, so you can choose one that is closest to you or your players

FTP

They staff and community are like non that I have come across before, they are friendly and know what they are talking about.

---Link Removed---

I personally can't recommend BeastNode after they moved to Multicraft.

I'm now residing with CreeperHost and their CreeperCP, which can highly recommend them. Also, CreeperHost is fast when replying to tickets. And communicates clearly, and don't leave their clients hanging a whole weekend without service (which were denied), nor FTP access for almost two weeks.

But this is only personal experiences, and you might have a better one at that :) Good luck!

One of the main advantages of CreeperHost is they basically sell you a VPS (Virtual Private Server) with support for Minecraft. This means you can run pretty much anything you could normally run on Linux on your CreeperHost VPS, so you aren't restricted in any way to what versions of Minecraft you wish to run or even to just running Minecraft or 1 minecraft server. Like I said before, You can even run your website and voice server off the same package. (Thats a 35slot unregistered TeamSpeak server, or a practically unlimited slot Mumble server for example, Of course if you want to register your version of TeamSpeak then you are only limited on the number of slots by your licence.)

(And most things that run on Windows also have a linux variant.)

• 1 month later...