Technic/Tekkit, FTB, DNS

powersthatbe85

Competition is good. MERIKA! Tekkit/Technic used to have a monopoly on the minecraft modpack and its because they did it the best. Remember the first one through is usually the bloodiest which lead the way to make things easier for FTB and DNS.

I've been reading a lot of discussions on which one is the best. I'm starting a new server once Eloraam releases the new redpower and wanted to open up a educated conversation on which one would be better for a small group of friends(7-8 people).

FTB looks like a shiny new toy, but tekkit has been doing it much longer, and DNS well... they are like the Ron Paul of the entire mess.

So here are my questions:

Will Thaumcraft 3 give permission to be put in the tekkit pack like FTB?

Will DNS work out some of the massive bugs?

Is tekkit going to add any new mods to the SMP version?

Will FTB have the community support that tekkit has?

What do you guys think?

Competition is good. MERIKA! Tekkit/Technic used to have a monopoly on the minecraft modpack and its because they did it the best. Remember the first one through is usually the bloodiest which lead the way to make things easier for FTB and DNS.

DNS is hardly even a thing, as far as I know.

I've been reading a lot of discussions on which one is the best. I'm starting a new server once Eloraam releases the new redpower and wanted to open up a educated conversation on which one would be better for a small group of friends(7-8 people).

the internet is the last place to go for an educated discussion on anything. ever. edit: forgot to add, the answer to your real question is to pick the pack with the mods you like the most. shouldn't be too hard with only 6-8 people.

FTB looks like a shiny new toy, but tekkit has been doing it much longer, and DNS well... they are like the Ron Paul of the entire mess.

So here are my questions:

Will Thaumcraft 3 give permission to be put in the tekkit pack like FTB?

hold on let me get my crystal ball out and channel the spirit of azanor... not working too well. hmm, let's try a ouija board...nope not getting anything.

Will DNS work out some of the massive bugs?

because the technic forums are the most likely place to find people in the know about a small time modpack with a really stupid creator who got banned from here like a year ago or whatever. yep, makes sense. also, see previous crystal ball comments.

Is tekkit going to add any new mods to the SMP version?

it's entirely likely.

Will FTB have the community support that tekkit has?

why does this matter for a server of no more than 8 friends?

What do you guys think?

I think you're either a poor troll, or were born yesterday and are really bad at making decisions.

Wait, another one of these?

Let attempt to give a fuck.

GiveAFuck-loading.gif

that joke is as old as the windows version whose UI it emulates.

Why did they let you be a moderator?

let's just say, I put on my robe and wizard hat. if you know what I mean.

How do I delete my forum login?

it's complicated. the ritual involves 3 goats, a stone altar, a blue moon, 2 virgin women and a lot of blood. we try not to speak of it.

If you could delete my forum login completely that would be great. I think you guys gave me the answer I needed though.

Have a good one Jay

Nope, can't do that. Not sure why it matters though. If you intend not to come back, then what good would deleting your account do.

i believe its been said by a few people that technic wont have Thaumcraft 3 permissions

in fact, ive just had a look on the forum post and saw this

Please don't ask about modpacks. Currently the following mod packs are the only ones that have permission to use my mod:

-

Feed the Beast

-

AMCO

I'm not planning on adding any additional modpacks to this list anytime soon, so don't call me, I'll call you.

doesnt look great from a technic point of view :/

i believe its been said by a few people that technic wont have Thaumcraft 3 permissions

in fact, ive just had a look on the forum post and saw this

<snip>

doesnt look great from a technic point of view :/

i'm fairly certain azanor won't give a shit if thaumcraft 3 is included in technicpack

TC3 seems unfinished right now. What I would've liked is TC2, but modified, instead of an entirely new Thaumcraft. The new taint system blows, and it feels like the entire framework is there, but a lot of items are still missing.

I hope that Thaumcraft isn't included until permissions are had, simply because it's one of those mods that shouldn't be lost simply because of a lack of permissions. Install it manually if you want it until then. Simple as that.

Technic isn't going to include stuff without permission, ever. I was under the impression that was abundantly clear.