[Suggestion] Add clarification that minecraft login is Email address, not username.

This is probably never going to be read ever, but 
When you log into Technic Launcher the screen asks for a name and password, however some people might wrongly assume this is asking for their username.
Simply put, I think the header should be changed to something like 'email address' or have it written in parenthesis in order to make the UI clearer.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Similar Content

• By Lord Ptolemy
      If you've read the recent MC account migration (https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/java-edition-moving-house) and you use Technic Launcher (or any other custom launchers), then do not migrate your account (to a Microsoft account) or you will be unable to use the launcher.
      The new auth system that Minecraft uses after this migration isn't support by any MC launchers other than the vanilla launcher, nor do we currently have any information about it so we can implement it.
      When? According to Mojang, you'll be forced to migrate your account starting in early 2021. We hope to have support for their new auth system by then. The migration is currently not ongoing.
      What if I create a new Minecraft account? Minecraft accounts created on December 1st, 2020 and later, are bound to Microsoft accounts already, and won't be able to use the Technic Launcher, or any other third-party launcher, until Mojang/Microsoft create a solution we can use.

UPDATES
      4/11/21

2/27/21

• By AlexKoyomi
      When I click in install, it does something for a second and then just appear the options to "Delete modpack" and "install".

https://pastebin.com/KpRY4efn
    • By Upikia123
      I really need some help please, it's making like 2 days I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with technic launcher, because everytime I click on play to launch a modpack, it's just closing the technic launcher sreen, load a littlebit and then it just pop-up the technic launcher screen again, I know that Java is not the problem because I tried the 8u25, the 8 251 and the 8 191 version and they all did the same error again and again. I was thinking that my graphic card driver was the problem, but I just updated it to the last version and it did the same. I also did every Windows Update and it did the same again... I would be glad to find a solution.. 
      Here are the last crash report (log) I had:crash-2020-04-19_20.41.04-client.txt
    • By Mikewood
      I was used to play modpacks on the technic launcher. But today i can't start the modpack.
      When i click on the play button, it closes the window like the modpack is normally loading. But after maybe 10 seconds it open the technic launcher window again.  Here is my crash report. I don't know why is it not working. Can anyone help or know the possible fixes ? 

crash-2020-04-17_13.07.04-client.txt
    • By silente13
      Hello,
      how the title says, I cannot log in with my account, it says that I haven't any license for Minecraft. But the strange thing is that I have a license (Minecraft Windows 10 License).
      I can download the game from the Windows Store and start the game.
      Any solutions?