rodriguezrrp

[SOLVED] Hats GUI in custom modpack is not working.

I have a custom modpack (actually two very similar packs, MCMinersPack and MCMinersPack Lite) in which I added the Hats mod. The Hats mod GUI will not open. (In either modpack)

I believe this is classified as an in game bug. And it happens every time attempted.

When I try to open the GUI, the screen will briefly "blink", that is, the journeymap minimap and such will disappear momentarily as if in preparation for the Hats GUI to open, and then everything goes back to normal. Also, when I kill a mob wearing a hat, I do not get a notification that should pop up telling me that I have unlocked said hat. No crashes actually happen; gameplay is practically just like the Hats mod wasn't installed, except it is.

I've tried the default keybind (H), Changing the keybind, changing all other keybinds in the pack to keys other than H; I've tried googling it but I can't seem to find a close enough related issue. the Hats mod will work in my other modpacks which have it. I've tried using iChunUtil 4.2.2 and 4.2.3. Also the packs have the Morph mod, and it uses iChunUtil, so I've tried it on 0.9.2 and 0.9.3. I am wondering if there is some mod conflict going on; but I don't see what it could be. I've tried comparing the mod lists of both MCMinersPack packs and my other packs which have Hats. I can't seem to find any inconsistencies. The Hats mod and iChunUtil should be up-to-date with the most recent 1.7.10 versions.

The modpacks are created in 1.7.10. I've been using Java 1.8.0 64-bit, and a very recent version of it. (1.8.0_121, to be specific) The versions of the mods in the packs are Hats 4.0.1 and iChunUtil 4.2.3. Also Morph version 0.9.3.

If I have not included important information, please let me know and I will include it. I have tried to comply to the rules.

Edited by rodriguezrrp
This topic is now solved. Thanks, AetherPirate!

I tried your Lite pack, saw the same thing. I noticed that 'H' was bound to something else, so I unbound it, and it worked. I had to run to work, did not have time to kill any mobs with hats, but the GUI did come up for me after fixing the key bindings. 

1 hour ago, AetherPirate said:

I tried your Lite pack, saw the same thing. I noticed that 'H' was bound to something else, so I unbound it, and it worked. I had to run to work, did not have time to kill any mobs with hats, but the GUI did come up for me after fixing the key bindings. 

Thank you! I appreciate your help and your prompt reply. I don't blame you for running off to work. What key bind did you find?? Maybe I missed a controls menu or something. I can probably use defaultkeys mod to make the pack come with a non-conflicting key bind. I'm just glad it's as simple as a key bind conflict!

(In my opinion: if you wish to test the mobs with hats, I recommend a creative flat world. Plenty of slimes spawn in with hats.)

Thank you! I just tested that on the Lite and it worked! I'm not sure how I managed to overlook that. Probably because it wasn't shaded red like normal conflicting key binds. I appreciate your help!

I also have figured out why I wasn't getting notifications that I unlocked hats. On creative mode, you don't unlock them, and you don't get notifications. On survival, you do. I tried being in survival mode and taking down some mobs with hats. Worked just fine! Again, I somehow managed not to fully troubleshoot my problem. I only tried killing mobs with hats in creative mode before.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By m4lf0y__
      Hi, i've been developing a modpack lately and have discovered after multiple attempts that mods won't load, the forge is renamed and all dependencies and stuff are in, it works on MC Client but not on Technic. Please help I'm trying to make a server. :)
      Link to the modpack: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8f10bxphd9ixtzy/modpack.zip
      Thank you.
    • By ketrab2004
      When i start my modpack it starts vanilla minecraft without any mods
      link to dropbox
      i am using forge 1.14.4  28.2.0
      latest.log
    • By pikachu_pikachu
      Hello trainers! Did you ever dream of living as a pokemon trainer, climbing your way to the top to become the #1 of the Pixelmon world? This pack is just for you! Experience the world as a trainer with thousands of Pixelmon and be the best one! Good luck!
      Check out our modpack = http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/pixelmoncouple
    • By bluefinfish
      This is the crash repost and I don't know what keeps going wrong. I'm new to this so any help would be great. 

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
      WARNING: coremods are present:
        IELoadingPlugin (ImmersiveEngineering-core-0.12-89.jar)
        AppleCore (AppleCore-mc1.12.2-3.2.0.jar)
        MalisisCorePlugin (malisiscore-1.12.2-6.5.1.jar)
      Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge
      // Would you like a cupcake?
      Time: 3/15/20 1:16 PM
      Description: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to fail
      net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoaderExceptionModCrash: Caught exception from Immersive HempCraft (immersivehempcraft)
      Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: blusunrize/immersiveengineering/common/util/IEVillagerTrades$ItemstackForEmerald
          at com.osheaven.immersivehempcraft.init.Content.initNPC(Content.java:88)
          at com.osheaven.immersivehempcraft.proxy.CommonProxy.preInit(CommonProxy.java:41)
          at com.osheaven.immersivehempcraft.proxy.ClientProxy.preInit(ClientProxy.java:17)
          at com.osheaven.immersivehempcraft.ImmersiveHempCraft.preInit(ImmersiveHempCraft.java:51)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:637)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor8.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
          at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:219)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:197)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
          at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:136)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.preinitializeMods(Loader.java:629)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:252)
          at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:467)
          at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:378)
          at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:123)
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: blusunrize.immersiveengineering.common.util.IEVillagerTrades$ItemstackForEmerald
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
          ... 44 more
      Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -- System Details --
      Details:
          Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
          Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.11.6
          Java Version: 1.8.0_101, Oracle Corporation
          Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
          Memory: 611132640 bytes (582 MB) / 993525760 bytes (947 MB) up to 993525760 bytes (947 MB)
          JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m
          IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
          FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.5.2847 46 mods loaded, 46 mods active
          States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
          | State | ID                   | Version               | Source                                                         | Signature                                |
          |:----- |:-------------------- |:--------------------- |:-------------------------------------------------------------- |:---------------------------------------- |
          | LCH   | minecraft            | 1.12.2                | minecraft.jar                                                  | None                                     |
          | LCH   | mcp                  | 9.42                  | minecraft.jar                                                  | None                                     |
          | LCH   | FML                  | 8.0.99.99             | Modpack.jar                                                    | None                                     |
          | LCH   | forge                | 14.23.5.2847          | Modpack.jar                                                    | None                                     |
          | LCH   | animalbikes          | 1.11.2                | AnimalBikes_1.12.2(13Jan19).jar                                | None                                     |
          | LCH   | applecore            | 3.2.0                 | AppleCore-mc1.12.2-3.2.0.jar                                   | None                                     |
          | LCH   | aquaculture          | 1.6.8                 | Aquaculture-1.12.2-1.6.8.jar                                   | None                                     |
          | LCH   | backpack             | 3.0.2                 | backpack-3.0.2-1.12.2.jar                                      | None                                     |
          | LCH   | baubles              | 1.5.2                 | Baubles-1.12-1.5.2.jar                                         | None                                     |
          | LCH   | betteranimalsplus    | 6.0.3                 | betteranimalsplus-1.12.2-6.0.3.jar                             | None                                     |
          | LCH   | bibliocraft          | 2.4.5                 | BiblioCraft[v2.4.5][MC1.12.2].jar                              | None                                     |
          | LCH   | biomesoplenty        | 7.0.1.2441            | BiomesOPlenty-1.12.2-7.0.1.2441-universal.jar                  | None                                     |
          | LCH   | bonsaitrees          | 1.1.3                 | bonsaitrees-1.1.3-b156.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LCH   | bookworm             | 1.12.2-2.2.0          | bookworm+-+2.2.0+(1.12.2)+-+dev.jar                            | None                                     |
          | LCH   | botania              | r1.10-361             | Botania+r1.10-361.jar                                          | None                                     |
          | LCH   | two_hour_mod         | 1.0.0                 | CandyMod.jar                                                   | None                                     |
          | LCH   | redstoneflux         | 2.1.0                 | RedstoneFlux-1.12-2.1.0.6-universal.jar                        | 8a6abf2cb9e141b866580d369ba6548732eff25f |
          | LCH   | car                  | 1.2.10                | car-1.2.10.jar                                                 | None                                     |
          | LCH   | chinjufumod          | 3.2.2                 | ChinjufuMod[1.12.2]3.2.2.jar                                   | None                                     |
          | LCH   | cookingforblockheads | 6.5.0                 | CookingForBlockheads_1.12.2-6.5.0.jar                          | None                                     |
          | LCH   | doggytalents         | 1.15.0.5              | DoggyTalents-1.12.2-1.15.0.5-universal.jar                     | None                                     |
          | LCH   | cfm                  | 6.3.1                 | furniture-6.3.1-1.12.2.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LCH   | hatchery             | 2.2.2                 | hatchery-1.12.2-2.2.2.jar                                      | None                                     |
          | LCH   | harvestcraft         | 1.12.2zb              | Pam's+HarvestCraft+1.12.2zf.jar                                | None                                     |
          | LCH   | mantle               | 1.12-1.3.3.55         | Mantle-1.12-1.3.3.55.jar                                       | None                                     |
          | LCH   | twilightforest       | 3.10.1013             | twilightforest-1.12.2-3.10.1013-universal.jar                  | None                                     |
          | LCH   | tconstruct           | 1.12.2-2.13.0.171     | TConstruct-1.12.2-2.13.0.171.jar                               | None                                     |
          | LCH   | immersiveengineering | 0.12-89               | ImmersiveEngineering-0.12-89.jar                               | 4cb49fcde3b43048c9889e0a3d083225da926334 |
          | LCE   | immersivehempcraft   | 1.12-0.0.6.2          | Immersive+HempCraft-1.12-0.0.6.2.jar                           | None                                     |
          | LC    | mts                  | 16.0.0                | Immersive+Vehicles-1.12.2-16.0.0.jar                           | None                                     |
          | LC    | jaffa                | 7.63.1                | JAFFA-7.63.1.jar                                               | None                                     |
          | LC    | joshxmas             | 1.12.2-1.2.0          | joshxmas-1.12.2-1.2.0.jar                                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | malisiscore          | 1.12.2-6.5.1-SNAPSHOT | malisiscore-1.12.2-6.5.1.jar                                   | None                                     |
          | LC    | mca                  | 6.1.0                 | MCA-1.12.2-6.1.0-universal.jar                                 | None                                     |
          | LC    | melvinssignpack      | 1.0.0                 | Melvins_Simple_Sign_Pack-Release-0.1.0.jar                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | unuparts             | 3.0.0                 | UNU+Parts+Pack+for+IE+[MTS]+[IR]+1.12.2-15.5.0-1.5.0-3.0.0.jar | None                                     |
          | LC    | mmmpack              | 1.0.3                 | Moonspire+Metropolitan+Motors+[MTS]+1.10.2-14.0.0-1.0.3.jar    | None                                     |
          | LC    | naturalbabyanimals   | 1.2.0                 | naturalbabyanimals-1.2.0-mc1.12.x.jar                          | None                                     |
          | LC    | notenoughcats        | 2.1.0                 | NotEnoughPets-1.12.2-v2.1.0.jar                                | None                                     |
          | LC    | pamscookables        | 1.1                   | pamscookables-1.1.jar                                          | None                                     |
          | LC    | teaandbiscuits       | 1.4                   | TeaAndBiscuits-1.12.2-1.4.jar                                  | None                                     |
          | LC    | teastory             | 3.3.1-B30.413-1.12.2  | TeaStory-3.3.1-B30.413-1.12.2.jar                              | None                                     |
          | LC    | xaerominimap         | 20.0.0                | Xaeros_Minimap_20.0.0_Forge_1.12.jar                           | None                                     |
          | LC    | xlfoodmod            | 1.12.2-1.9.1          | XL-Food-Mod-1.12.2-1.9.1.jar                                   | None                                     |
          | LC    | kiwi                 | 0.5.2.29              | Kiwi-1.12.2-0.5.2.29.jar                                       | None                                     |
          | LC    | cuisine              | 0.5.14-build890       | Cuisine-0.5.14-build890.jar                                    | None                                     |
          Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
      IELoadingPlugin (ImmersiveEngineering-core-0.12-89.jar)
        blusunrize.immersiveengineering.common.asm.IEClassTransformer
      AppleCore (AppleCore-mc1.12.2-3.2.0.jar)
        squeek.applecore.asm.TransformerModuleHandler
      MalisisCorePlugin (malisiscore-1.12.2-6.5.1.jar)

GL info: ' Vendor: 'Intel Inc.' Version: '2.1 INTEL-10.14.74' Renderer: 'Intel(R) HD Graphics 6000'
          Pulsar/tconstruct loaded Pulses: 
              - TinkerCommons (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerWorld (Enabled/Not Forced)
              - TinkerTools (Enabled/Not Forced)
              - TinkerHarvestTools (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerMeleeWeapons (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerRangedWeapons (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerModifiers (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerSmeltery (Enabled/Not Forced)
              - TinkerGadgets (Enabled/Not Forced)
              - TinkerOredict (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerIntegration (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerFluids (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerMaterials (Enabled/Forced)
              - TinkerModelRegister (Enabled/Forced)
    • By SuperMinerMikey
      Hi! So, whenever I load up a modpack, it starts up minimized and never opens. It eventually loads further, and I can hear the music, but it never stops being minimized. I was able to play all of these modpacks on my old computer, which was running windows 7. Even though this computer only has an intel i3, that one was dual-core 32 bit and these packs still worked! Is anybody else having or had this problem, and can anybody help me?