Snapp Incorporated - Computer Innovation at it's Finest

SnappTechnic

I've always wanted to make a company like this in real life. I just need to pretty much workshop it in Minecraft. I'm currently trying to make a blueprint world, but I just don't know how to design the company. All I know is that I won't have my quarries under my company. I'll just have Quarry Outposts. :| Give meh ideas PLEAZ!

...Well, electricity and materials needed to make circuits are within the boundaries of technology in my world.

1. Your avatar is kinda gross.... yuk what is that?

2. I'm talking about Minecraft on this thread. Not real life. In Minecraft, computers don't need electricity, and redstone is only optional.

3. Computers, floppy disks, disk drives, and monitors are what I mean by technology.

1. Your avatar is kinda gross.... yuk what is that?

2. I'm talking about Minecraft on this thread. Not real life. In Minecraft, computers don't need electricity, and redstone is only optional.

3. Computers, floppy disks, disk drives, and monitors are what I mean by technology.

My avatar is prettier than most people... Inside.

Also, redstone is a source of electricity. Redstone torches and ore produce light, without needing combustion, so it can be assumed they produce a certain quantity of energy by radiation, probably. Moreover, Redstone torches are a source of electricity that can move through redstone power, meaning it is a conductor as well. The redstone electricity must have a fair level of energy, since it produce's enough J to move 1 cubic meter of pure gold when applied to a piston. This quite a bit of energy, as can be deduced from Newton's second law of physics, who says : Fnet = m * a

Since a cubic meter of pure gold would weight about 19 tons, and this block can be moved of one meter in less than a second (But we'll say one), we can deduce a piston creates a force of 19000 Newtons, or 19000 Joules. Now this might not seem like much, but we have to account for the friction, who may waste as much as 40% of the original force. Let's settle for 25000 Joules, which is about 4 times the energy required to go up four floors with stairs, or 6000 calories, or the energy a human can extract from about eleven Big Macs.

25000 Joules per second can be translated into 25000 Watts, or eight washers. This means a single lump of redstone has plenty enough energy to power a very simple computer like CC's for something very close to eternity.

Also, AFAIK, technology is the making, modification, usage, and knowledge of tools,machines, techniques, systems, in order to solve a problem, improve a preexisting solution to a problem, achieve a goal, handle an applied input/output relation or perform a specific function. Thus, technique can easily extend to electricity rather be limited to your rather restrictive definition of it.

TL;DR No one fucking cares about semantics.

My avatar is prettier than most people... Inside.

Also, redstone is a source of electricity. Redstone torches and ore produce light, without needing combustion, so it can be assumed they produce a certain quantity of energy by radiation, probably. Moreover, Redstone torches are a source of electricity that can move through redstone power, meaning it is a conductor as well. The redstone electricity must have a fair level of energy, since it produce's enough J to move 1 cubic meter of pure gold when applied to a piston. This quite a bit of energy, as can be deduced from Newton's second law of physics, who says : Fnet = m * a

Since a cubic meter of pure gold would weight about 19 tons, and this block can be moved of one meter in less than a second (But we'll say one), we can deduce a piston creates a force of 19000 Newtons, or 19000 Joules. Now this might not seem like much, but we have to account for the friction, who may waste as much as 40% of the original force. Let's settle for 25000 Joules, which is about 4 times the energy required to go up four floors with stairs, or 6000 calories, or the energy a human can extract from about eleven Big Macs.

25000 Joules per second can be translated into 25000 Watts, or eight washers. This means a single lump of redstone has plenty enough energy to power a very simple computer like CC's for something very close to eternity.

Also, AFAIK, technology is the making, modification, usage, and knowledge of tools, machines, techniques, systems, in order to solve a problem, improve a preexisting solution to a problem, achieve a goal, handle an applied input/output relation or perform a specific function. Thus, technique can easily extend to electricity rather be limited to your rather restrictive definition of it.

TL;DR No one fucking cares about semantics.

What the crap??????? I NO UNDERSTAND! i haven't learned semantics in school yet....

What the crap??????? I NO UNDERSTAND! i haven't learned semantics in school yet....

Sorry if I intimidated you. There are indeed many things you haven't learned in school. Also, pretty sure Jean Escuador Zoro Is talking about my beautiful wall-of-science.

• 2 weeks later...

-text

I think we can take this further:

Density of gold: 19.3 g/cm^3

Mass of 1m^3 of gold: 19,300kg

Acceleration: (Dist. = 1m), (Initial speed = 0m/s), (Time = 0.2s)

Using S = ut + 0.5at^2, a = 50m/s^2

Resultant force on the block of gold: F = ma = 19,300 x 50 = 965,000N

Seeing that a piston can also move a block of gold 1m directly upwards in the same time, we can tell that the resistance to the piston will be: mass x gravity (mg) = 19,300 x 9.81 = 189,333N

This should mean that the force provided by the piston = 965,000 + 189,333 = 1,154,333N

We can also find the work done as: W.D = Force x Dist = 1,154,333 x 1 = 1,154,333J

Assuming that there are no other moving parts within the piston and and that the contact between the plunger and its housing is smooth, the energy required to move a 1m^3 block of gold directly upwards is approximately 1.15MJ

One redstone dust (for a torch) must be able to provide 'at least' this amount. Although thinking about it, you could just stack up to 12 blocks of gold on top of each other and a piston will still move the whole tower up by 1m in the same time. You could then surround one redstone torch with as many pistons as possible, each pushing 12 blocks of gold and no matter which way the blocks are being move or on what surface(s), all the pistons will move their 12 gold blocks 1m in the same time.

To conclude, a single redstone dust has, and can provide, infinite energy

However this also implies that a stick and a block of cobble can provide the same amount...

#MCnotreality

~sciencegasm~

What's interesting to me is that(in vanilla redstone), adding more torches doesn't increase the power to punch through resistance of the wire. If you lay redstone dust away from a torch, it will, due to wire resistance, stop. If you add more torches however(at the same distance), the redstone 'voltage' doesn't increase whatsoever, and however "infinite" the power from the torches provide, it isn't enough to overcome it.

..But resistance is scalar to the voltage? So if you added torches it WOULD have to reach farther. I conclude that redstone dust has logic nanites in it that appropriately resist however much power there is being sent through it.

This would explain why redpower alloy wire doesn't degrade, because when you refine it, you kill off those nanites.

text-

It seems you are mistaking voltage for energy. Voltage is an electomotive force (emf), they are not the same thing. The voltage provided by a redstone torch is unknown as we do not now how it is generated. This is redstone in a computer game we're talking about here, we do not know whether the potential difference is generated by a chemical reaction or by magnetic induction or (most possible) redstone is a piezoelectric material (like quartz).

Also, I think you may have misunderstood me. I said a redstone torch has infinite energy. I also said it can provide infinite energy. What I DIDN'T mean by this is that it could provide this infinite energy all at once. That would give infinite power, or (infinity) Watts. Power is the rate at which energy is transferred. Watts' Law: P = W/t

If we're going off a redstone torch having infinite 'energy' then this means it can supply any amount of current for an infinite amount of time. In other words, it's Ampere Hour rating is: (infinity)Ah

THIS DOES NOT MEAN A CURRENT OF INFINITY AMPERES IS DRAWN FROM THE TORCH AT ALL TIMES.

E.g: a rating of 1Ah means a power supply can deliver a current of 1A for 1hr at the rated voltage of the supply. With the voltage kept constant, what determines the amount of current drawn from the supply is the resistance. Depending on the resistance a higher or lower amount of current (than 1A) will be drawn (Ohm's Law) so a redstone torch will only deliver as much current as the redstone wire allows.

Before I go on to what I'm about to say below, I'd say you are correct with the whole adding redstone torches business. If you add cells in series, their voltages add together to give a total voltage or source voltage. So if you had a 20 block (20m) long redstone wire, no matter how many redstone torches you surround one end of the wire with, the current will only travel 15 blocks (15m). You are free to come up with whatever theory you so wish to explain this.

NOTE: I have to say I am starting to get rather bored and I've lost most of my enthusiasm for this. It's getting late, I'm tired I'd much rather go to bed now so I shall summarise.

What we don't, and will never, know:

•Voltage provided by a redstone torch.

•Resistance of 1m of redstone wire.

•Power rating of a redstone torch.

•Current drawn from a redstone torch.

What we think we know:

•Redstone torch has an infinite amount of energy which it can provide at any rate.

What we definitely know:

•Redstone is not the same as bloody electricity!

(And I though I was going to get a good nights sleep... Leason leart).

text-

You're right, I doubly misunderstood what you meant by that. You meant it had an unlimited capacity for how much energy it holds(/generates), not that it could discharge an unlimited amount of power. You rest your case.

That little misunderstanding caused you to further explain a lot of the intricacies of electricity. Sorry about that one.

Otherwise.. torches either in series or parallel don't increase the distance the power travels. I guess it ain't E-lek-trisity.