Unfair thread deletions on MC forums; Censorship on FTB forums; This is the last place I have

Sylais

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

...still not wearing a santa hat :(

Come on Jade! Jump the bandwagon! Wear a santa hat :D

Also, since the topic suddenly jumped on FTB mods here, I might as well give the link I gave to Darth

Morv definitly not banning me for being a technic-user :P

3 global mods have to approve before ban? Oh my god.... I LOVE THAT PLACE!!!

:worship: :worship: FTB

Am I going to hear back from either party on this? I don't mind at all if people want to discuss this but as you can see, the discussion isn't going to go anywhere until some actual facts are posted. I may as well lock the topic unless that happens soon. I think the general assumption currently is that both sides of this particular dispute are mostly blowing hot air.

I think the only thing I said that wasn't proved was the fact that he was trolling our forums so:

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/threads/password-issues.4157/

The following post was in between posts #11 and #12

Law.. No one will buy MC to use this modpack... people just use your launcher to copy the mods to other launchers if they want offline mode...

second saying "Mistakes will happen" shows us that there is still no concern for others..

This is worse than when the mod was released without permission.... I applaud you for once again showing the world that you have no intentions of properly testing to make sure that what you are releasing is actually safe to use... Next you will say oops sorry we put a trogan worm on everyone's computers and you all just had your hard drives wiped.

This was the final post that got him banned from our forums as he had already had warnings for other things, it's kinda difficult for me to prove that the user wasn't a developer for us because well... he wasn't a developer :3 He did have a rank on our TS called "Developer" which is given to anyone that is a developer of anything, this doesn't have to be related to FTB in anyway, 65 users currently have that rank so it isn't really anything special to have, when he was given the rank slowpoke explained to him that this was so he could communicate to iBurn as pm powers aren't granted to normal users and that it did not mean he was a developer for us, all our developers are given a separate rank that gives them access to the FTB development rooms which Jamromhem would have had no access to.

Remember, he's not been proven wrong. He, as of yet, didn't provide any proof for his statements, neither did captainanna.

Like I said, many of his points.

I said I'd explain why the word "team" was in quotations. Simply put, they aren't a team. Their coordination and cooperation among them is an absolute disgrace. Their entire teamspeak is in disarray. There is absolutely no communication between any of them.

OP doesn't have access to private chats, so this is just bullshit.

As for their so called "developers" ... What have they developed? A website? It's a single page.

wrong.

A grade 9 student can do that, yet he has nearly 10 people on his "Web Dev Team."

2, not 10.

Even the launcher itself is based heavily off of MultiMC.

It's made compatible with multiMC in terms of folder layout. But that's all. The launcher is coded from scratch.

But the absolute worst offense that has been committed is Slowpoke's arrogance. Every time he has ever been presented with a problem caused by his "team" he has either brushed it off as a casual mistake (as has been proven with the display of personal information in the console) or he'll chew you out for bothering him with false claims. I know this because I have spoken to him many times about many problems, and every single time he responded like this. The last time I spoke to him, he threw a hissy fit, said he "had enough of me" and then told me to **** off.

Slowpoke took blame for both the issues with the wrongly released mod, and when server op list contained some of the devs. You can't blame him for the console info as he is not a coder.

None of the posts we made on your forums were troll posts. Everything we said, every argument and every word was nothing but fact or honest opinion. Jamromhem was not banned because he was trolling or because he was starting flame wars. In fact, last I recall, the conversations that were brought up in those threads were mostly respectable, intelligent, and utterly flame-free, until members of the dev team got involved and started trying to debase our claims and insult our intelligence.

Check earlier quotes for OP's version of "respectable, intelligent, and utterly flame-free"

Just last night I was on the FTB subreddit, and they don't take kindly to people correcting their logic over there either. I got the small subreddit equivalent of mountains of downvotes just for explaining the obvious to them. They even went as far to state that FTB is more stable than Technic, simply because one of their ranks didn't install Technic properly and it crashed their Minecraft.

I wish people would stop being immature, almost illiterate armchair lawyers.

Saying "he said this but it's gone now" isn't any better then where we were before so I still can't consider that hard fact. Even believing you though, which I do, we aren't anywhere in particular. This thread isn't for determining if the OP deserved to be banned from your forums or not. By default he did because you are a mod there and that was your (and two other peoples?) decisions. I don't need to justify decisions I make here to anyone either. If anyone disagrees with you, it doesn't matter. The only reason you would need to post evidence is because it seems you've decided you need to defend the decision. It probably would have been better to just not try if posts get deleted like that.

I think what people are actually waiting for, is for the OP to back up other aspects of his post, namely his accusations against Slowpoke, the FTB "team" and I guess the "product". His "banning" is a minor petty issue that no one should honestly be surprised or care about. Someone banned from forums about minecraft for having contrary opinions?! Whaaaaat???? That never happens every day!!! I think these forums are just about the only exception.

OP doesn't have access to private chats, so this is just bullshit.

I wouldn't say bullshit. We've just learned that 64(?) people have dev titles and that they don't mean much. Sounds like a clusterfuck. I've also heard some personal accounts but I'm not interested in the discussion really. Just gotta wait for the OP to remember that he is on some kind of crusade. I have a feeling he thought the Technic forums would be different and he'd be able to start shit without posting any proof just because of our history with slowpoke.

Saying "he said this but it's gone now" isn't any better then where we were before so I still can't consider that hard fact. Even believing you though, which I do, we aren't anywhere in particular. This thread isn't for determining if the OP deserved to be banned from your forums or not. By default he did because you are a mod there and that was your (and two other peoples?) decisions. I don't need to justify decisions I make here to anyone either. If anyone disagrees with you, it doesn't matter. The only reason you would need to post evidence is because it seems you've decided you need to defend the decision. It probably would have been better to just not try if posts get deleted like that.

I think what people are actually waiting for, is for the OP to back up other aspects of his post, namely his accusations against Slowpoke, the FTB "team" and I guess the "product". His "banning" is a minor petty issue that no one should honestly be surprised or care about. Someone banned from forums about minecraft for having contrary opinions?! Whaaaaat???? That never happens every day!!! I think these forums are just about the only exception.

The person posting this post is not banned from our forums, he made no attempt to even make any post resembling this on our forums he has made a total of 5 posts 4 of those are related to a server he was mod (or similar) on. The other post is this

So I think you just about hit the nail on the head with this:

I have a feeling he thought the Technic forums would be different and he'd be able to start shit without posting any proof just because of our history with slowpoke.

MOD EDIT
Someone made a boo boo and fucked with the formatting of this post. It wasn't me since I am perfect in every way~ but I still did the best I could to fix it. If I have made a mistake in restoring the original information contained in this here post I am sure captainanna will fix it.