Alexzan

Modpack Download Problem

Hey Guys, I have a little problem with my custom modpack. When I try to download it from the Launcher, it says: Attemping to extract file alexzanpack-1.0.zip but it did not exist. How can I fix this problem? Thanks :D

Modpack Download:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4c7gnwyrqeenfl/alexzanpack-1.0.zip?dl=0

I tried to modify zip file name, but it doesn't still work.

OLD!

Edited by Alexzan

You have serveral issues:

1) You have a LOT of mods from bad sources. Re-download all mods that are modname-1.7.10.jar from Curse or Curseforge or mod author website. 

2) Your don't need the CoreMods folder, move all that into Mods.

3) Your Bin folder should have the forge universal renamed to modpack.jar. You have the installer in there instead. 

4) Your dropbox link should end with dl=1, not dl=0

Edited by AetherPirate

15 hours ago, AetherPirate said:

You have serveral issues:

1) You have a LOT of mods from bad sources. Re-download all mods that are modname-1.7.10.jar from Curse or Curseforge or mod author website. 

2) Your don't need the CoreMods folder, move all that into Mods.

3) Your Bin folder should have the forge universal renamed to modpack.jar. You have the installer in there instead. 

4) Your dropbox link should end with dl=1, not dl=0

Now I have got another problem. When I did the things that you wrote me, I was able to download the modpack, but it was Minecraft Vanilla. 

I downloaded Backpacks from Curse, i edited the modpack link, but it says: error to download (previous link). Why it says that it can't download the pack beacuse it's the old Dropbox Link? Here's the new link: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/7ugqkd1y7r4hxeu/alexzanpack-1.0.zip

The Error is: 

rere.JPG

Edited by Alexzan

That new link still downloads a pack with lots of mods obtained from crap sources. Fix that. 

Your modpack.jar is named modpack.jar.jar. Either turn on "View File Extensions for known files" or just remove the .jar. 

After fixing your pack, you will need to increment your modpack version number, in ModPack Settings, then close your launcher and wait a bit. 

2 hours ago, AetherPirate said:

That new link still downloads a pack with lots of mods obtained from crap sources. Fix that. 

Your modpack.jar is named modpack.jar.jar. Either turn on "View File Extensions for known files" or just remove the .jar. 

After fixing your pack, you will need to increment your modpack version number, in ModPack Settings, then close your launcher and wait a bit. 

Thanks for your time! All Problems are resolved. Thanks again! :DD

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By LittleEavan
      Hiya hiya! 

So I believe Dropbox has made it so only those with Dropbox Pro+ can edit their download links (from the 0 to 1). 

I'm currently looking for alternatives, but haven't gotten any that I've tested to work for me.

So far I've tried Mediafire, Google Drive, and OneDrive. If any of these worked for you, please help me out by telling me as to how you managed to do so! If none of these worked for you and something else other then the listed did (that is free), please inform me. Thank you!

~LIttleEavan
      Naturally this should be compatible with Technic, I'm not looking for a manual download o_O
    • By deathplayer43
      so my modpack has 5mb of memory allocated but it only uses like 700mb is there a way to fix this
    • By deathplayer43
      Everytime i open up attack of the b team i always  get low frames and i set all my graphics to the lowest setting and use optifine and when i move it drops to 0 is there any way i can fix this
    • By awesomeman100
      I am using the portable version of the technic launcher on mac (on an sd card) and this morning I was playing lapito's galacticraft, closed it, then I reopened the technic launcher a few hours later, and it only showed the official technic modpacks, but even they weren't downloaded, I check the technique folder, all the modpacks are still there, and the saves too. I don't know what to do.
      help apreciated
    • By Omeruin
      I wasn't going to have this modpack on Technic, but, I want to play with all the chosen mods on there just in case my friends want to join me at anytime.
      ---
      I've uploaded a different modpack before, personal like this one, and it worked out just fine. This one does have wayyy more mods so something different is definitely going on. Downloading the modpack is fine, it is hosted on Dropbox. However, when I try to 'play' the modpack, it loads a few things before Minecraft assets, then waits a bit, the Launcher disappears, and then the launcher reappears; meaning something crashed/is not loading right.
      Here is the crash log from Technic: { https://pastebin.com/rz39VrR3 }
      Any help would be appreciated. I tried to skim through the log myself, but it is definitely confusing for me.
      Sorry if this is in the wrong topic, or that something isn't right, I'm typing as fast as I can before I go to work (I'll be able to respond within 8-9 hours from now).