Custom Modpack Loads Vanilla Minecraft

MarshTheBacca

Yes I know, it's a common error, but I can't for the life of me figure out what  I did wrong. When I look in my .technic/modpacks/(my modpack) folder, I notice that there's a folder surrounded by what seems to be vanilla minecraft files. The folder is the name of my modpack, and inside is: .bin which has "modpack.jar, which is just my universal forge file, and it is NOT .jar.jar or .zip or any funny business; and also the mods folder, which has around 35 mods all of which are up to date and compatible with each other. I recognised the issue, and I moved my "modpack.jar" into the vanilla file's .bin folder and moved all my mods into a mods folder in the previous directory. This then launched the modpack sucessfully with no issues. The issue is that these files shouldn't have been in their own subfolder named (my modpack).

What is the fix? It's just a formatting error I think, but I'd like the public to be able to use my modpack without moving the files around. My modpack is called "MarshTheModpack"

Thanks for any help :)

-Marsh

2 hours ago, MarshTheBacca said:

Yes I know, it's a common error, but I can't for the life of me figure out what  I did wrong. When I look in my .technic/modpacks/(my modpack) folder, I notice that there's a folder surrounded by what seems to be vanilla minecraft files. The folder is the name of my modpack, and inside is: .bin which has "modpack.jar, which is just my universal forge file, and it is NOT .jar.jar or .zip or any funny business; and also the mods folder, which has around 35 mods all of which are up to date and compatible with each other. I recognised the issue, and I moved my "modpack.jar" into the vanilla file's .bin folder and moved all my mods into a mods folder in the previous directory. This then launched the modpack sucessfully with no issues. The issue is that these files shouldn't have been in their own subfolder named (my modpack).

What is the fix? It's just a formatting error I think, but I'd like the public to be able to use my modpack without moving the files around. My modpack is called "MarshTheModpack"

Thanks for any help :)

-Marsh

Your download link broken.

Edited by JaariAtmc

18 hours ago, MarshTheBacca said:

The folder is the name of my modpack, and inside is: .bin which has "modpack.jar, which is just my universal forge file, and it is NOT .jar.jar or .zip or any funny business; and also the mods folder, which has around 35 mods all of which are up to date and compatible with each other.

I see you fixed your download link.

You've actually fallen into the third common pitfall, which is the second most common issue: Zipping a folder which contains the required folders. You need to zip the required folders directly. If you don't do this, it will place the required files in a seperate folder in the modpack files (which is what you observed).

Your current setup: Zipfile -> Modpack folder -> Required folders

Required setup: Zipfile -> Required folders

Also, good on you, no obvious illegitimate mods found, and slick-util's new for me, haven't seen that one before.

On 12/24/2017 at 7:25 AM, JaariAtmc said:

I see you fixed your download link.

You've actually fallen into the third common pitfall, which is the second most common issue: Zipping a folder which contains the required folders. You need to zip the required folders directly. If you don't do this, it will place the required files in a seperate folder in the modpack files (which is what you observed).

Your current setup: Zipfile -> Modpack folder -> Required folders

Required setup: Zipfile -> Required folders

Also, good on you, no obvious illegitimate mods found, and slick-util's new for me, haven't seen that one before.

I did this for my modpack and now it will not open. I can view the files by going into another pack, opening up resource packs, and moving up a few folders until I find mine under modpacks (I'm doing this on a Mac). I can't figure out why it isn't working, and I've been troubleshooting for ~2 hours now. Please help! D: Ps. This is my first modpack so it might have a lot of unnoticed problems. (DL Link: http://api.technicpack.net/modpack/dreamed)