More RAM usage than set in Technic Launcher

Edit: I just tested to only run Minecraft without the Server, going into a Single Player World and the RAM usage is going up contunously. I set the RAM usage in the Technic Launcher to 4GB, why is it then going higher than that?

So I'm running a Server with the Mod Pack "After Humans" and I provided the start.bat with the Java Arguments "-Xmx 4G -Xms-1G" and in the Technic Launcher I set the maximum RAM usage to 4GB.

When the Server is running it is taking around 2.5GB to 3GB of RAM in maximum but the strange thing is, when Minecraft itself is running it's starting at 2GB and is going continously up? Yesterday for example it went to around 8.6GB RAM? If I'm pressing inside Minecraft F3 to see the usage of RAM it says it's using 1.3 to 1.6GB of 4096MB but in the Task Manager it's going continuesly up... Why is that?

Is Java just adding the Arguments from TL and Server.bat up to one (8GB)?

Everytime Java is using all my RAM my computer starts to bug out (black monitors / explorer is crashing / can't see my desktop symbols anymore / ...).

I hope someone can help me out.

My System is as follows: 16GB RAM, i7-4770, GTX 1060, Win 10 64 bit

Edited by hperd

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By bradleybrand
      I am asking on behalf of my friend with autism.
      So we downloaded the Minecraft Launcher from the official website, installed and ran. It experienced issues download/installing the latest version of Minecraft.
      Luckily, from my computer, I backed up the need Minecraft files into a .zip file and shared that with him. Vanilla Minecraft works and runs.
      From there, went on Technic Launcher. Vanilla Minecraft won't download and install. Neither will my modpack.
      His Technic Launcher has an issue actually downloading and installing modpacks. Even the official ones.
      ---
      We have turned firewall off. We have uninstalled and reinstalled Minecraft Launcher. We have deleted Minecraft and Technic files from %appdata%, as well as using CCleaner to remove any extras. We have uninstalled 64-bit Java and redownloaded and reinstalled 64-bit Java. ---
      What could be a possible fix for this issue?
      Has anyone else experienced such an issue?
    • By Vasiva
      Hi everyone, I'm searching for cheap hosting preferably up to 13$ for 1month where I can play with my friends. I want to set up 1.12.2 pack on this serwer and recommended RAM is 3,5GB and space disk slightly above 3GB. I'm from Europe and want hosting to be in Europe so my ping will be normal. Any recommendations? Thanks for help
    • By bumblebray1
      When i try to load a pack a white bar pops up saying "You've selected Java 11.0.9.1, which is know to have issues with Minecraft, are you sure you want to contiune?" and when i click yes, technic closes then opens again. I understand that i need to install a different version of java but when i go into the settings for the java version on technic it opens a file, am i supposes to put the new java version there? It should be noted that im playing with linux on a chromebook. 
    • By alexsunny123
      Hello,

I have a problem with technic launcher . The problem is that when i wan't to log in with my account i got a error : Unable to authenticate account to minecraft.net .

thanks
      alexsunny
    • By Conex_0
      I'm tired and frustrated with this launcher. First it wouldn't even launch properly and I had to fix that, then it won't even detect 64 bit. I litteraly reinstalled the launcher and java multiple times, I even installed java online and offline, offline first, then when the launcher was open java online, and selected java online, and it still said it already had that in the launcher settings, still 32-bit. I just want to play a modpack with my friends on their server.