Sign in to follow this  
hperd

More RAM usage than set in Technic Launcher

Edit: I just tested to only run Minecraft without the Server, going into a Single Player World and the RAM usage is going up contunously. I set the RAM usage in the Technic Launcher to 4GB, why is it then going higher than that?

So I'm running a Server with the Mod Pack "After Humans" and I provided the start.bat with the Java Arguments "-Xmx 4G -Xms-1G" and in the Technic Launcher I set the maximum RAM usage to 4GB.

When the Server is running it is taking around 2.5GB to 3GB of RAM in maximum but the strange thing is, when Minecraft itself is running it's starting at 2GB and is going continously up? Yesterday for example it went to around 8.6GB RAM? If I'm pressing inside Minecraft F3 to see the usage of RAM it says it's using 1.3 to 1.6GB of 4096MB but in the Task Manager it's going continuesly up... Why is that?

Is Java just adding the Arguments from TL and Server.bat up to one (8GB)?

Everytime Java is using all my RAM my computer starts to bug out (black monitors / explorer is crashing / can't see my desktop symbols anymore / ...).

I hope someone can help me out.

My System is as follows: 16GB RAM, i7-4770, GTX 1060, Win 10 64 bit

Edited by hperd

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By CyberNinja98
      So I have the launcher options set so it can use 6GB-s of ram but whenever I try to play it caps out at 455MBs. I need some technical help with this
    • By Lazerhack
      When trying to play any modpack on the technic launcher, i have the options to choose anywhere from 1gb ram to 15gb ram, being that i have 16gb ram installed on my pc. The problem i run into is that if i choose any more than 6gb allocated, the modpacks wont load at all. the technic launcher will close as if it is starting the modpack then will immediately open back up without attempting to load the modpack, giving the error "Not enough memory installed to support this modpack" in the console. When i open my system properties it shows that i do indeed have 16gb ram installed. I've already tried uninstalling and reinstalling technic, each of the modpacks, java RTE, and even attempted replacing my RAM twice with 16gb Corsair Vengeance Pro with no luck. Any help would be much appreciated.
    • By Killerkat00
      This modpack contains modern warfare mods to simulate a new factions experience. Have you ever wanted to use Flans, McHeli, ICBMclassic and much more? This pack/ server has it! 
      Our server is brand new and has roughly 30 active players!
      We have many options for offensive and defensive combative strategies. We have sentries, blast proof blocks, anti air defenses, anti missile defenses, traps, mines, and much more to defend your base!
      For offense, we offer many helicopters, tanks, guns of all kinds, missiles, and much more to lay waste to your enemies!
      We hope you join us and have an excellent time, since we are new, we need staff and recommendations to improve your experience!
      IP: 72.46.131.66:25577
    • By Wuggabun
      So I tried to create a server with about 60 different mods and then got this error 
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/entity/EntityPlayerSP
      I really don't know what's causing this problem since I removed all client-side mods from the mods folder. Here's the server's crash report.

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
      WARNING: coremods are present:
        SecretRoomsMod-Core (Secret-Rooms-Mod-1.12.2.jar)
        midnight (themidnight-0.3.5.jar)
        MicdoodlePlugin (MicdoodleCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.238.jar)
        MalisisCorePlugin (MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar)
      Contact their authors BEFORE contacting forge
      // Daisy, daisy...
      Time: 25.10.2019 18:44
      Description: Exception in server tick loop
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/minecraft/client/entity/EntityPlayerSP
          at mod.mcreator.mcreator_communistBlock.<clinit>(mcreator_communistBlock.java:78)
          at mod.mcreator.communist.<init>(communist.java:44)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.ILanguageAdapter$JavaAdapter.getNewInstance(ILanguageAdapter.java:191)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:599)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
          at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:219)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:197)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:91)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$SynchronizedSubscriber.invokeSubscriberMethod(Subscriber.java:150)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber$1.run(Subscriber.java:76)
          at com.google.common.util.concurrent.MoreExecutors$DirectExecutor.execute(MoreExecutors.java:399)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Subscriber.dispatchEvent(Subscriber.java:71)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.Dispatcher$PerThreadQueuedDispatcher.dispatch(Dispatcher.java:116)
          at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:217)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:136)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:593)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.server.FMLServerHandler.beginServerLoading(FMLServerHandler.java:98)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.FMLCommonHandler.onServerStart(FMLCommonHandler.java:333)
          at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:125)
          at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:486)
          at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.minecraft.client.entity.EntityPlayerSP
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:191)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
          at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
          ... 39 more
      Caused by: net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerException: Exception in class transformer [email protected]85c13de from coremod FMLCorePlugin
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerWrapper.transform(ASMTransformerWrapper.java:260)
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.runTransformers(LaunchClassLoader.java:279)
          at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:176)
          ... 41 more
      Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class bud for invalid side SERVER
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.transformers.SideTransformer.transform(SideTransformer.java:62)
          at net.minecraftforge.fml.common.asm.ASMTransformerWrapper$TransformerWrapper.transform(ASMTransformerWrapper.java:256)
          ... 43 more

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -- System Details --
      Details:
          Minecraft Version: 1.12.2
          Operating System: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
          Java Version: 1.8.0_221, Oracle Corporation
          Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
          Memory: 651275368 bytes (621 MB) / 844627968 bytes (805 MB) up to 1895825408 bytes (1808 MB)
          JVM Flags: 0 total; 
          IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
          FML: MCP 9.42 Powered by Forge 14.23.5.2838 60 mods loaded, 60 mods active
          States: 'U' = Unloaded 'L' = Loaded 'C' = Constructed 'H' = Pre-initialized 'I' = Initialized 'J' = Post-initialized 'A' = Available 'D' = Disabled 'E' = Errored
          | State | ID                  | Version               | Source                                            | Signature                                |
          |:----- |:------------------- |:--------------------- |:------------------------------------------------- |:---------------------------------------- |
          | LC    | minecraft           | 1.12.2                | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | mcp                 | 9.42                  | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | FML                 | 8.0.99.99             | forge.jar                                         | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |
          | LC    | forge               | 14.23.5.2838          | forge.jar                                         | e3c3d50c7c986df74c645c0ac54639741c90a557 |
          | LC    | micdoodlecore       |                       | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | srm-hooks           | 1.12.2-1.0.0          | minecraft.jar                                     | None                                     |
          | LC    | xijun               | 1.9                   | Bacteria1.12.2_2.0.jar                            | None                                     |
          | LC    | battletowers        | 1.6.4                 | BattleTowers-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |
          | LC    | biomesoplenty       | 7.0.1.2441            | BiomesOPlenty-1.12.2-7.0.1.2441-universal.jar     | None                                     |
          | LC    | bonfires            | 1.2.2                 | Bonfires-1.12.2-1.2.2-16eac59.jar                 | None                                     |
          | LC    | bookshelf           | 2.3.585               | Bookshelf-1.12.2-2.3.585.jar                      | d476d1b22b218a10d845928d1665d45fce301b27 |
          | LC    | buildcraftlib       | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftcore      | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftbuilders  | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcrafttransport | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftsilicon   | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftcompat    | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftenergy    | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftfactory   | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | buildcraftrobotics  | 7.99.24.1             | buildcraft-all-7.99.24.1.jar                      | None                                     |
          | LC    | carpentersblocks    | 3.4.0-poc.6           | Carpenter's Blocks v3.4.0-poc.6 - MC 1.12.2.jar   | None                                     |
          | LC    | cfm                 | 6.3.0                 | cfm-6.3.0-mc1.12.2.jar                            | None                                     |
          | LC    | redstoneflux        | 2.1.0                 | RedstoneFlux-1.12-2.1.0.6-universal.jar           | 8a6abf2cb9e141b866580d369ba6548732eff25f |
          | LC    | cofhcore            | 4.6.3                 | CoFHCore-1.12.2-4.6.3.27-universal.jar            | None                                     |
          | LC    | cofhworld           | 1.3.1                 | CoFHWorld-1.12.2-1.3.1.7-universal.jar            | 8a6abf2cb9e141b866580d369ba6548732eff25f |
          | L     | communist           | 1.0.0                 | Communism Mod.jar                                 | None                                     |
          | L     | corpse              | 1.12.2-1.0.0          | Corpse-Mod-1.12.2.jar                             | None                                     |
          | L     | props               | 2.6.3                 | Decocraft-2.6.3_1.12.2.jar                        | None                                     |
          | L     | dimdoors            | 3.0.9+287             | DimensionalDoors-3.0.9-287.jar                    | None                                     |
          | L     | eplus               | 5.0.176               | Enchanting-Plus-Mod-1.12.2.jar                    | None                                     |
          | L     | motnt               | 1.0.1                 | EvenMoreTNT-1.0.1.jar                             | None                                     |
          | L     | galacticraftcore    | 4.0.2.238             | GalacticraftCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.238.jar             | None                                     |
          | L     | galacticraftplanets | 4.0.2.238             | Galacticraft-Planets-1.12.2-4.0.2.238.jar         | None                                     |
          | L     | mjrlegendslib       | 1.12.2-1.1.8          | MJRLegendsLib-1.12.2-1.1.8.jar                    | None                                     |
          | L     | extraplanets        | 1.12.2-0.5.5          | Extra-Planets-Mod-1.12.2.jar                      | None                                     |
          | L     | ichunutil           | 7.2.2                 | iChunUtil-1.12.2-7.2.2.jar                        | None                                     |
          | L     | imsm                | 1.12                  | Instant-Massive-Structures-Mod-1.12.jar           | None                                     |
          | L     | ironchest           | 1.12.2-7.0.67.844     | ironchest-1.12.2-7.0.72.847.jar                   | None                                     |
          | L     | jei                 | 4.15.0.291            | jei_1.12.2-4.15.0.291.jar                         | None                                     |
          | L     | lostcities          | 2.0.21                | lostcities-1.12-2.0.21.jar                        | None                                     |
          | L     | lucky               | 7.6.0                 | Lucky-Block-Mod-1.12.2.zip                        | None                                     |
          | L     | malisiscore         | 1.12.2-6.5.1-SNAPSHOT | MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar                            | None                                     |
          | L     | malisisadvert       | 1.12.2-6.1.0          | MalisisAdvert-Mod-1.12.2.jar                      | None                                     |
          | L     | malisisdoors        | 1.12.2-7.3.0          | MalisisDoors-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |
          | L     | moarores            | 1.1.1                 | Moarores-1.1.1.jar                                | None                                     |
          | L     | moreplanets         | 2.0.21                | More-Planets-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |
          | L     | morph               | 7.1.3                 | Morph-1.12.2-7.1.3.jar                            | None                                     |
          | L     | mutantbeasts        | 0.3.0                 | MutantBeasts-1.12.2-0.3.0.jar                     | None                                     |
          | L     | scp                 | 2.1.1                 | SCP+Lockdown-1.12.2-2.1.1-beta.jar                | None                                     |
          | L     | secretroomsmod      | 5.6.4                 | Secret-Rooms-Mod-1.12.2.jar                       | None                                     |
          | L     | lemonlib            | 1.3.0                 | LemonLib-1.12.2.jar                               | None                                     |
          | L     | statues             | 1.0.1                 | Statues-Rechiseled-Mod-1.12.2.jar                 | None                                     |
          | L     | supertnt            | 1.0.1                 | Super-TNT-Mod-1.12.2.jar                          | None                                     |
          | L     | thermalfoundation   | 2.6.3                 | ThermalFoundation-1.12.2-2.6.3.27-universal.jar   | None                                     |
          | L     | trapcraft           | v2.4.3a               | Trapcraft-Mod-1.12.2.jar                          | None                                     |
          | L     | twilightforest      | 3.9.984               | twilightforest-1.12.2-3.9.984-universal.jar       | None                                     |
          | L     | uteamcore           | 2.2.4.107             | u_team_core-1.12.2-2.2.4.107.jar                  | None                                     |
          | L     | usefulbackpacks     | 1.5.0.23              | Useful-Backpacks-Mod-1.12.2.jar                   | None                                     |
          | L     | worldedit           | 6.1.10-SNAPSHOT       | worldedit-forge-mc1.12.2-6.1.10-SNAPSHOT-dist.jar | None                                     |
          | L     | midnight            | 0.3.5                 | themidnight-0.3.5.jar                             | None                                     |
          Loaded coremods (and transformers): 
      SecretRoomsMod-Core (Secret-Rooms-Mod-1.12.2.jar)
        com.wynprice.secretroomsmod.core.SecretRoomsTransformer
      midnight (themidnight-0.3.5.jar)
        com.mushroom.midnight.core.transformer.MidnightClassTransformer
      MicdoodlePlugin (MicdoodleCore-1.12.2-4.0.2.238.jar)
        micdoodle8.mods.miccore.MicdoodleTransformer
      MalisisCorePlugin (MalisisCore-1.12.2.jar)

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
          Is Modded: Definitely; Server brand changed to 'fml,forge'
          Type: Dedicated Server (map_server.txt)

What can I do to fix this problem. 
    • By NanoByte
      I can't allocate more than 1 GB of RAM to my technic launcer, and before you comment you need to know that I have a 64bit Win10 and 64 bit Java 8 latest version. I also have plenty of memory available (16 more precise) and a pretty nice pc, my only problem is that I can't load any pack because of the Ram restriction