Optifine support?

RichardFigures

• 1 month later...

its really simple honestly. if you know how to install it on regular minecraft its basically the same except you don't install it in the minecraft.jar, you install it on the modpack.jar or what ever .(name here) is i don't know what it is because my computer wont show it. when you open that with winrar or 7-zip just drag the optifine files(from another 7-zip archive) into the modpack archive and start voltz up. it works like a charm. -138coollife

• 3 weeks later...

its really simple honestly. if you know how to install it on regular minecraft its basically the same except you don't install it in the minecraft.jar, you install it on the modpack.jar or what ever .(name here) is i don't know what it is because my computer wont show it. when you open that with winrar or 7-zip just drag the optifine files(from another 7-zip archive) into the modpack archive and start voltz up. it works like a charm. -138coollife

Okay, how do i do this without the technic launcher clearing out the optifine files because they "corrupt the minecraft installation"

Whenever I add Optifine D3 or Optifine C3 into modpack.jar, Voltz opens as if forge is not installed (as if it was vanilla minecraft). The corner text displaying FML version number is not there and none of the mods in Voltz load. I would include an error log, but since forge isn't working, no log is produced.

I tried deleting META-INF (as a last resort even though I don't think you have to...) in both modpack.jar and the natives folder to no avail.

Specs:

Mac OSX 10.8.2

Technic Launcher 1.1.2.0 (.jar version for mac)

Voltz 1.0.11 (recommended version)

Whenever I add Optifine D3 or Optifine C3 into modpack.jar, Voltz opens as if forge is not installed (as if it was vanilla minecraft). The corner text displaying FML version number is not there and none of the mods in Voltz load. I would include an error log, but since forge isn't working, no log is produced.

I tried deleting META-INF (as a last resort even though I don't think you have to...) in both modpack.jar and the natives folder to no avail.

Specs:

Mac OSX 10.8.2

Technic Launcher 1.1.2.0 (.jar version for mac)

Voltz 1.0.11 (recommended version)

Try using D2 or C2.

does anyone know how to fix an ID Mismatch

Not exactly the place to ask that question... Your post may be moved or delete by mods. I think you have to dive into the config files and change the id of the item that's giving you the error. I can be more specific if you gave me more information such as what item is causing the error and what you did to get the error. A forge log would also be helpful.

Can anyone answer my question 2 posts above?

Sorry, I can't seem to find Optifine D2 Ulta or C2 Ultra. In the past (when Voltz first came out), I've tried other versions but none seem to work. Can anyone link me to D2 or C2 or suggest another version? Thanks.

optifine.net/downloads.php Just use D5 or D2.

Yay. Got it to work with Voltz v1.1.0, after first inserting minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-6.6.2.534 into minecraft.jar (after backup and removing MOJANG.* in META-INF), and then inserting OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_D5 into modpack.jar (after backup and removing META-INF). This was in C:UsersUSERNAMEAppDataRoaming.techniclaunchervoltzbin

When you load an old singelplayer game, answer yes on some question that is not displayed.

Also works fine with other mods, like Mo's creatures and dynamic lights.

Edit:

Looks like all armors gets broken after adding Optifine (not the other mods). If you equip any armor the game will crash.

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: up.isValidArmor(Lur;I)Z at sg.a(SlotArmor.java:44)

Edit2:

It's the latest dev version of Forge that has the bug. Will try the last stable version instead.

Edit3:

minecraftforge-universal-1.4.7-6.6.0.497 worked :).