Mekanism Refined Steel Dust, and Steel Ingots

escap3faith

NEI isn't much help in this case. I figured out two ways to obtain refined steel. First - put your steel into enrichment chamber. But hey, you need refined steel to create enrichment chamber! Second - put compressed carbon and enriched iron into metallurgic infuser. Sounds good, cause compressed carbon and metallurgic infuser are possible to create. But what about enriched iron? Well, to make it you need enriched alloy and iron dust. And how do you make iron dust? With enrichment chamber, of course.

I believe some kind of evil genius created this mod ;/

isnt steel dust created with a iron bar surrounded by 4 coal/charcoal using a craft table then smelt the dust?!!?!

That is true, but the Enrichment Chamber needs Refined Steel which is made using Refined Steel Dust and as of now there is no way to make Refined Steel Dust. Without an Enrichment Chamber, there is no way to make Platinum Dust which is needed in order to make Solar Generators.

I have installed the new version of your mod but do not see how it is fixed. Any insight you can give in the fix you implemented?

Nevermind I figured it out. For those who cannot figure it out without NEI. You need to create a Metallurgic Infuser. With this you can use Compressed Carbon and Enriched Iron to create Refined Steel. So the fix that was implemented was the ability to create Enriched Iron.

Nevermind I figured it out. For those who cannot figure it out without NEI. You need to create a Metallurgic Infuser. With this you can use Compressed Carbon and Enriched Iron to create Refined Steel. So the fix that was implemented was the ability to create Enriched Iron.

Found another issue. When using the Metallurgic Infuser to create the Refined Steel Dust, it does not receive enough power from batteries, even the Elite ones to make the Refined Dust. The website shows the Infuser using an energy cube to power it, but the energy cube requires a Steel Block made from Refined Steel Dust. The Infuser also does not accept power through cables to run. So as of now there is still no way to legally make Refined Steel Dust.

Is there an update that is going to fix this? Because I need to power my radar gun so I can direct where my missiles go but I need a Solar Genirator to do that but i need a Crusher to get Platnum dust but I need refined steel to make the Crusher. And the Metallurgic Infuser isn't getting power from my Coal Genirator

(sorry if I have bad grammar.) So is there going to be an update?

Is there an update that is going to fix this? Because I need to power my radar gun so I can direct where my missiles go but I need a Solar Genirator to do that but i need a Crusher to get Platnum dust but I need refined steel to make the Crusher. And the Metallurgic Infuser isn't getting power from my Coal Genirator

Update Voltz to the newest version. It includes the fixes for the Metallurgic Infuser. However there are still a few issues with powering by cable, but it does more than enough processing on a simple battery to make Refined Steel Dust.

Also you can charge items without a Solar Generator. You can make a Battery Box and a Coal Generator. Put the radar gun in the battery box and power it with the generator. Once you make enough Steel to make the Crusher for Platinum Dust then you can replace it with Solar Power.

Ok, I must be missing something because I still can't make Enriched Iron. So even if the Metallurgic Infuser worked I still wouldn't be able to make refined steel.

Ok, I must be missing something because I still can't make Enriched Iron. So even if the Metallurgic Infuser worked I still wouldn't be able to make refined steel.

What version of Voltz are you currently using? The recipe for Enriched Iron was missing in 1.0.1. It has been added in later versions. If you update the Client and the Server you will be able to make the Enriched Iron needed to use the Metallurgic Infuser.

I believe the version it was added in was 1.0.2 but they are currently on 1.0.5 and that is the one I suggest.

Just in case you are trying the wrong recipe. You need to place an Enriched Alloy above and below an Iron Bar to create 6 Enriched Iron. To make an Enriched Alloy you need to surround an Iron Bar with Red Stone on the Top, Left, Right and Bottom. I can confirm this is working.