Modpack downloaded, mods are installed, but vanilla instance is loaded

KingLazarusOG

Okay. So I made a custom pack for my circle of friends to play together, and when you download the modpack through the technic launcher, it does download the mods, but when you load the game, no mods load. It just launches a vanilla instance. What on earth is going on? I don't get any errors, crashes, or anything like that, it just doesn't load the mods. Anyone know what I did wrong?

The modpack in question is called LazCraft 1.12.2, and here is the link 

https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/lazcraft-1122.1585190

Edited by KingLazarusOG

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, MiiTsY said:

Hello, I found this thread as I have the same error, but instead, mine isnt named modpack.jar.jar, but modpack.jar (I tried to remove it and it said it will broke it if I do so ^^ (I have extension showing off !))

Here is the modpack in question

https://www.technicpack.net/modpack/namastoo-modpack-server.1597025

Please help !

No, you are trying to make a 1.13+ modpack, and Forge simply doesn't work anymore with Technic Launcher for 1.13+. ETA to be fixed: Never.

4 minutes ago, JaariAtmc said:

No, you are trying to make a 1.13+ modpack, and Forge simply doesn't work anymore with Technic Launcher for 1.13+. ETA to be fixed: Never.

Oh no that's  sad :(

Alright thanks, at least that solves my wondering lol

PS: Has they announced why   ?

Edited by MiiTsY

4 hours ago, MiiTsY said:

Oh no that's  sad :(

Alright thanks, at least that solves my wondering lol

PS: Has they announced why   ?

Forge completely changed their installation process so that it only works for the vanilla client, and in extension, Twitch Client (due to that just making a profile for the vanilla client that comes with it).

I am currently also having this problem. when i download my pack i made, all the mods are in the mods folder, but when i start the pcak, the game just launches a vanilla instance instead of the modded one. the modpack.jar file is correct, and i dont know what else i need to change. pls someone help me