Using Tekkit with Terrain Gen Plugins

Is there a way to use Tekkit with Plugins which generate terrain differently, i.e Bananapocalypse & SkylandsPlus. I tried a few things aNd messed about with Multiverse etc but I never got Tekkit trees/ores etc to spawn in differently generated worlds. Is there a way around this to make them spawn even if the world generates differently? If not, you should definately think about it :3

I tried using that actually, I wanted to get it to replace grass blocks with dirt blocks and remove water (but I had some issues where it basically wasn't paying any attention to the stuff I told it to do) ._. And I suppose oil and rubber trees would be an awkward thing to set up, due to them not being like a single block spawning. Hmm, maybe the Technic guys could look into making something like this possible with world gens?

I tried using that actually, I wanted to get it to replace grass blocks with dirt blocks and remove water (but I had some issues where it basically wasn't paying any attention to the stuff I told it to do) ._. And I suppose oil and rubber trees would be an awkward thing to set up, due to them not being like a single block spawning. Hmm, maybe the Technic guys could look into making something like this possible with world gens?

+1

The vanilla maps are just plain boring, the peeps on my server has said as much..

Would love to see this compatible with Tekkit. Have thought of creating BOB`s for the oil problem but the rubber tree`s wouldn't spawn their tap points anyway.. So that`s the major problem here.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone tried this while adding oil + rubber tree's manually ? aka oil pool somewhere central + given everyone rubber tree saplings to grow.

I built a new map last night and... it was imo easier (and more fun!) to spend an hour finding a cool looking seed than edit a generated map manually. =P

If you want a highly edited map for one reason or another you can generate your map and then add oil pits/fountains+rubertrees manually via WorldEdit/creative mode. No need to resort to a central oil pit and giving people stuff.

by no rubber trees are you referring to RP rubber trees or IC rubber trees?

Do the RP biomes still generate?

Adding in oil deposits is not a big deal imo. Most people on our server don't even use much oil, they go right to biomass.

I use this plugin:

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/terrain-control/

It works great with Multiverse and you can add all the Mod Ores in the config, its easy to use and you can make amazing worlds. The only thing I can't figure out is how to add Rubber Trees and Oil :/

I just tried getting terrain control started with tekkit, however I can't even get it to load correctly. Which version are you using and where are you putting the .jar in your folder? =S

I've done several worlds with Tekkit using TerrainControl, though I've had to compromise to get it to work. For example, I can get almost all the ores in the game, and the one's I can't get in aren't totally necessary. I can't get oil to spawn on the surface like it usually does, but I can get it to spawn underground similarly to coal veins using the config files in biomes. You can even make it biome-specific that way. And for rubber trees, I can't get the trees themselves to spawn, but using the plants section of the config, where you have things like flowers, tall grass, etc. you can actually put in the code for rubber tree SAPLINGS and it will generate little groves of them similar to those of red or yellow flowers. When you first generate a section of world, the trees won't have grown yet, but they're there and chances are they'll grow eventually.

All in all, you can pretty much replicate every resource from Tekkit, with the exception of some Redpower 2 materials. I can get marble to spawn underground in super large veins, but never basalt. Also, the only gem you can spawn correctly is rubies. This is because all the redpower 2 materials share similar item ID's, only varying in the damage values afterwards, which for some reason TerrainControl doesn't seem to pick up.

All of these can be added in via the bottom section of biome configs, where you can change or add the spawning of various materials in game.

• 1 month later...

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to post a config file for Terrain Control with tekkit resources added. This would be great as I do not fully know all the tekkit resources yet, and would rather use a tried a true setup then worry about finding out later that a resource is missing.

Thanks in advance.

After countless searching, and repeatedly ending up at this thread, I decided to do some testing to see how to get the custom block IDs (140:1) to actually work with TerrainControl. I finally get to give something back to the community with my first post.

To get the custom Ore blocks to work, you have to add the resources towards the bottom of Biomeconfig file for the biome you want the resources to show up in. Then enter the ID:Data with a PERIOD instead of a Colon, as such.

Ore(140,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.1,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.2,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.3,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.4,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.5,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.6,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.7,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

I haven't tried with anything else but the Ores, but I assume it would work for the rubber trees and anything else using the ID:data parameter.

EDIT: Saplings work, as well as oil. Oil you have to place with the Ore option, NOT Liquid.

Plant(X139.1,4,100,0,128,GRASS,DIRT,X197)

Plant(X241,4,100,0,128,GRASS,DIRT,X197)

Ore(X162,10,1,100,0,32,STONE)

Be careful with placing the oil. If it's too abundant, it will cause a lot of lag or lock up the client. The one above places a 10 block pool below 32 blocks, and is as frequent as diamond ore.

• 3 weeks later...

After countless searching, and repeatedly ending up at this thread, I decided to do some testing to see how to get the custom block IDs (140:1) to actually work with TerrainControl. I finally get to give something back to the community with my first post.

To get the custom Ore blocks to work, you have to add the resources towards the bottom of Biomeconfig file for the biome you want the resources to show up in. Then enter the ID:Data with a PERIOD instead of a Colon, as such.

Ore(140,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.1,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.2,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.3,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.4,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.5,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.6,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

Ore(140.7,32,10,100,0,128,STONE)

I haven't tried with anything else but the Ores, but I assume it would work for the rubber trees and anything else using the ID:data parameter.

EDIT: Saplings work, as well as oil. Oil you have to place with the Ore option, NOT Liquid.

Plant(X139.1,4,100,0,128,GRASS,DIRT,X197)

Plant(X241,4,100,0,128,GRASS,DIRT,X197)

Ore(X162,10,1,100,0,32,STONE)

Be careful with placing the oil. If it's too abundant, it will cause a lot of lag or lock up the client. The one above places a 10 block pool below 32 blocks, and is as frequent as diamond ore.

Your half right, I think I am the only one thus far who has cracked it completely and has natural Rubber Trees and everything working fine, I made a couple variations for our server which will be released here over the next couple days. Those think I am joking can think what ever they want but those who are interested in the actual progress and want to see exactly what I have been cooking check out the sample slide show below "IT IS ALL A WIP but I am pushing for release within the next few days., I don't wish to leak any information about how I did it but It is was easy enough. Yes I am running quite few plugins as well.

FYI: You should use OIL ID 163 for the stationary Oil instead this will prevent any such lag and lock up the oil will run when the player mines near it or updates the block around it.

http://img845.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img845/7131/1338654073x69.smil

• 2 months later...

I have tried getting terrain control to work on bukkit but it doesn't seem to do anything to the terrain generation at all.its just generating the default minecraft world with the ores and such as if the terrain control plugin wasn't in it, all the commands are there and i am pretty sure everything's set up right but it seems like something in tekkit is forcing it to ignore the plugin. does it not work with tekkit 3.1.2 ?

Your half right, I think I am the only one thus far who has cracked it completely and has natural Rubber Trees and everything working fine, I made a couple variations for our server which will be released here over the next couple days. Those think I am joking can think what ever they want but those who are interested in the actual progress and want to see exactly what I have been cooking check out the sample slide show below "IT IS ALL A WIP but I am pushing for release within the next few days., I don't wish to leak any information about how I did it but It is was easy enough. Yes I am running quite few plugins as well.

FYI: You should use OIL ID 163 for the stationary Oil instead this will prevent any such lag and lock up the oil will run when the player mines near it or updates the block around it.

http://img845.imageshack.us/slideshow/player.php?id=img845/7131/1338654073x69.smil

I'm guessing you either didn't get it working or decided not to use it since your server looks (from the map view) like the standard Tekkit gen. If I'm mistaken, could you post what you added? I'm guessing you would have done the rubber trees as bo2 objects.

I was hoping to try this out for the new world/server I'm setting up.

I'm guessing you either didn't get it working or decided not to use it since your server looks (from the map view) like the standard Tekkit gen. If I'm mistaken, could you post what you added? I'm guessing you would have done the rubber trees as bo2 objects.

I was hoping to try this out for the new world/server I'm setting up.

I got it working fine :), I just ran of out patience fine tuning the map as I was not happy with the result, I was running an ocean height of 40 which as you know will cause deep level lighting bugs in any version of Minecraft and once I realized this was not going work I was going have to adjust all my heights of every biome again to but at a ocean height of at least 70.

Just to clarify I did get the Trees spawning and every ore as well as oil wells, Volcano's and trees need to be made into a schematic then converted to Bo2 format, Oil will work as an ore but I don't recommend that unless like rivers of oil, I have a Bo2 made up a friend provided for me that is an exact replica of a standard oil well which would work just fine.

If you want to have a play with it grab my abandoned WIP from here

The download provided is has everything and is ready to play, Just make a world named the same the config and set at world up to be default world generated and go nuts it contains all my progress and all the Bo2's required that I had working at the time.

I never ended up using it as I wanted to push the server out ASAP and I decided I would wait until the next time I needed a new world and would use the knowledge I had to make an even better map. So if anyone else is interested feel free to use the download as a template. I suppose I ever got time I could make a formal example with a couple different setup methods that is well documented and a sticky could possibly come about of it but that's for another day when I have time and an urge to write an essay :P.

Wow nice, thanks! TC has added some nice things since I last played with it. This biome map feature is fun.

It would be nice if we document whats needed to "fully" support Tekkit on TerrainControl and get it put up on https://github.com/Wickth/TerrainControl/wiki/Tekkit

Better still, we make a pack of modded biome configs for it. :P

Your config seems to be mostly there, I quite like how the world looks overall. I spot checked for ores in the snowy biome and found several of the tekkit ones, so yay.

The oil-as-an-ore trick doesn't work too well here, I'll likely do them only as Bo2's and limit them to a couple biomes. There were some random floating wool blocks, and some of the object placement was a bit weird (see linked images), some of them that had underground bits were getting placed partly floating, but that's a TC thing.

I really like the look of the hellish desert, its amazing, but we'll have to figure out how to prevent the lava rivers from getting water mixed in.

The rubber tree saplings on snow cause the snow to have the missing texture.

I think I'm going to play around with this and maybe target a new world based on TC after Tekkit updates to 1.3+. 1.3's new log rotation would be win for many of TC's trees. I'm sure it will be a while before all the mods update to 1.3, so we have some time to figure it out. :3

A few random snaps of some nice and odd bits.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rsms46rqyavhzhw/605FMfisFI?m

Wow nice, thanks! TC has added some nice things since I last played with it. This biome map feature is fun.

It would be nice if we document whats needed to "fully" support Tekkit on TerrainControl and get it put up on https://github.com/Wickth/TerrainControl/wiki/Tekkit

Better still, we make a pack of modded biome configs for it. :P

Your config seems to be mostly there, I quite like how the world looks overall. I spot checked for ores in the snowy biome and found several of the tekkit ones, so yay.

The oil-as-an-ore trick doesn't work too well here, I'll likely do them only as Bo2's and limit them to a couple biomes. There were some random floating wool blocks, and some of the object placement was a bit weird (see linked images), some of them that had underground bits were getting placed partly floating, but that's a TC thing.

I really like the look of the hellish desert, its amazing, but we'll have to figure out how to prevent the lava rivers from getting water mixed in.

The rubber tree saplings on snow cause the snow to have the missing texture.

I think I'm going to play around with this and maybe target a new world based on TC after Tekkit updates to 1.3+. 1.3's new log rotation would be win for many of TC's trees. I'm sure it will be a while before all the mods update to 1.3, so we have some time to figure it out. :3

A few random snaps of some nice and odd bits.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rsms46rqyavhzhw/605FMfisFI?m

Yep the oil was not working but well but I have a perfect replica bo2 for it I can use next time, Also the random bits were not all random such as the saplings they were were added in the plains configs and some others to spawn as a sapling like a flower it should be under plant remove them if u want, The Rubber Tree "Large" Thing in the jungle that had a couple saplings on it and covered in a mesh of Leaves that was a bo2 I was testing I thought it was funny so I kept it there for fun, The dodgy areas you pointed out with the Bo2's having dirt to ground level that looked odd when overhanging that can be turned off that is the under fill setting in the bo2 or in the worlds settings config you should find a line which has bo2 settings turn of under fill by setting it false that issue will go away.

The wool blocks I was not sure what was doing that it may have been that I missed a pixil when painting the world image since the image works on matching a hexdecimal color set in the config to the image I may have put a color in there that it doesn't know about. That or its some strange bo2 artifact.

Like I said the reason I didn't use this world on my current Tekkit server was because I had some underlying issues I needed to sort out and I ran out of time I wanted to push the server out so I left the custom world for another day. I want make an even better one next time. I released this one because everyone's asking for how it works if you wanted to tidy it up sure and get a wiki going but I refuse to deal with the wiki on the plugins site the person who made that wiki I used to be in touch with but because of his lack of patience and utter dis respect to others when it comes to getting information out and his very very poor English skills we got in a email fight and I'm not negotiation with him ever again.

However I started a wiki not for Tekkit but there is no reason we cannot transform it into a Tekkit specific wiki. http://tchandbook.educatewiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

All in all I could have fixed all those issues in a matter of minutes probably about half hour it would be all cleaned up but I had to adjust the map ocean height up to 70 which would throw everything out of whack so I never used it as I didn't have time to want to re balance it for my current server. Feel free to use that wiki I started and convert that for Tekkit. Also I am not a fan of 1.3.1 It has major lag for smaller servers since it sends packets for every sound in the game almost to the client and back and it also has some pretty nasty bugs. Nothing but lag complaints so far about it seen on any threads that have severs using it.

I released this one because everyone's asking for how it works if you wanted to tidy it up sure and get a wiki going but I refuse to deal with the wiki on the plugins site the person who made that wiki I used to be in touch with but because of his lack of patience and utter dis respect to others when it comes to getting information out and his very very poor English skills we got in a email fight and I'm not negotiation with him ever again.

I had no idea. That's disappointing.

However I started a wiki not for Tekkit but there is no reason we cannot transform it into a Tekkit specific wiki. http://tchandbook.educatewiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

Feel free to use that wiki I started and convert that for Tekkit.

I don't think I'm the first to admit that its documentation is "lacking". I'll play around with TC some more when work quiets down again (Not to mention the other non-MC related projects I'm involved with..) and come up with some example configs based on ideas I wanted to employ in my server's world.

All in all I could have fixed all those issues in a matter of minutes probably about half hour it would be all cleaned up but I had to adjust the map ocean height up to 70 which would throw everything out of whack so I never used it as I didn't have time to want to re balance it for my current server.

Why did you need to raise it to 70?

Also I am not a fan of 1.3.1 It has major lag for smaller servers since it sends packets for every sound in the game almost to the client and back and it also has some pretty nasty bugs. Nothing but lag complaints so far about it seen on any threads that have severs using it.

I wasn't aware of this, I haven't been paying much attention to 1.3 at all. This is unfortunate, Minecraft is already pretty laggy in 1.2.5.

Why did you need to raise it to 70?

See post#17 That contained my Configs and explanation more details below.

I just ran of out patience fine tuning the map as I was not happy with the result, I was running an ocean height of 40 which as you know will cause deep level lighting bugs in any version of Minecraft this is a pretty bad bug in minecraft in which if any layers below 60 are showing to direct sky it will cause lighting engine to flip out and create massive client lag if it is in huge doses this is the same reason people say to build the Quarry underground as from surface to bedrock makes the same thing happen and people just call it quarry lag but its actually a well known Minecraft lighting bug, and once I realized this was not going work properly at height 40 I was going have to adjust all my heights of every biome again to but at a ocean height of at least 70 and that would have taken time as I would have had to adjust everything and double check every biome all over again and spends hours if not a weekend tweaking to get it spot on again.

The real reason I had to do this was not because I had surface/ocean at 40 it was because having an ocean depth of 40 meant that large parts of water would be effected by the lighting bug since ocean surface would be at about 20 something and that is where the lighting bug is at its worsts and this lighting bug wont crash the server but it eats client FPS and can bring the client to a freeze/lock up state I have experienced this before while making the world and other worlds on my older servers due severe lighting issues which needed the world to be generated with a plugin that generates all the chunks I needed for the world size and then ran again in either MCEDIT or the same plugin to using lighting fix tools to clear the lighting errors on the occurred during generation. Now with Tekkit you cannot run the map thru MCEDIT to clear minor lighting errors, I would need to rely on plugin I used to Pre generate a world to a specific size as I never host a server with worlds that don't have the world chunks already generated as chunk generation causes huge lag for everyone and it doesn't matter what kind of host you are its the main cause of lag is people running around generating chunks I avoid this by pre generating the worlds and the setting the border about 20/100 chunks lower than the map size.

So I could have fixed the world configs you now have easily I just could not really be bothered at the time and instead left the custom world for another day as I still had to learn tekkit and prepare the configs for tekkit and all of that admin stuff, While people were asking when server going to be back so instead of losing players I just didn't use a custom world this time around.

Next Time though and probably 1.3.1 server If I ever use or when ever Mojang deploy a hot fix to make it not lag anymore then I will begin work on a new world design using same configs I will just adjust it and paint a new map with Tekkit in mind. See the configs you have were converted for Tekkit after I got angry about Mojang changing the map gen again making village people require new worlds so the trading functions properly as some of the way it works is based on the map seed and thus would require a 1.3 world generated to work correctly. So I moved to Tekkit have not looked back Tekkit is much better than vanilla.

I then began converting the configs and what u have is what I got working but it was not finished the map design was but the configs needed tweaking. I tested everything Tekkit worked and it does I even had a Custom volcano somewhere as a bo2 but it was not used.

So when Tekkit moves to 1.3 I am going to start working on a MUCH better refined world with a higher ocean height. I release what I had because it would be of use here and because its not the same design I have in mind for the next map I build Wich I wanted to make more whacky and fun with much tighter refined config settings.

...I have a Bo2 made up a friend provided for me that is an exact replica of a standard oil well which would work just fine.

Is there a chance you could share said Bo2 file for the oil well?

I've also been working on creating a custom Tekkit map with Terrain Control and that's the main part that is missing

Your template that you shared has been invaluable in the process so far, so thank you for sharing that in any case! :D

Is there a chance you could share said Bo2 file for the oil well?

I've also been working on creating a custom Tekkit map with Terrain Control and that's the main part that is missing

Your template that you shared has been invaluable in the process so far, so thank you for sharing that in any case! :D

I suppose, and thanks, but after messing with Tekkit I realized now that the copper and tin ore are not the 140:X ID they are the two ores that have the item ID over 200. Might want to replace your ore values with those as well look them up in game for the exact ID that is how I got them but I just assumed they were 140:x because there are two of the same ores but it appears that Tekkit actually generates the RedPower Ore ID instead.

Terrain Control Working Config Updated Download Links

TerrainControl World Config

Update Config Settings Here

If anyone uses my configs it would be nice if they have updated or fixed anything in them if they could zip up the new configs and share with me as well.

You may drop files directly in Here to share them with me personally.

Thanks! You're awesome! I'll be sure to share any progress I make based on your work.

...after messing with Tekkit I realized now that the copper and tin ore are not the 140:X ID they are the two ores that have the item ID over 200. Might want to replace your ore values with those as well look them up in game for the exact ID that is how I got them but I just assumed they were 140:x because there are two of the same ores but it appears that Tekkit actually generates the RedPower Ore ID instead.

Hmm, I did some testing and it seems that the copper and tin from both can be used interchangeably. Is there any reason to use one over the other? I'd probably stick with the IC2 ores since the texture pack we're using as a base already comes with IC2 ore textures.