Should there be more mods in Voltz?

Scottish1900

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they need to add a way to do automatic mining like quarries with BC. I tried to install BC after finding out UE and BC will work together but it didn't work with some other mod in Voltz. Some of the stuff in Voltz is really expensive and that is what stops me from doing a lot. When I saw some of the recipes i thought "you want me to mine all that".

If it does teraku, then it was broken. I put ores in there and it did abesolutely nothing.

Also, Bores are more useful than Quarries, strictly because you can re-use the tracks they lay down.

There's a config option you might need to enable.

There should definitely be more mods in Voltz. I feel as thought there are some fancy machines, but there's not enough of those fancy machines. Stuff like lights would be nice. Also, I don't really like how some of the items already in this modpack look. They look... odd...

There should definitely be more mods in Voltz. I feel as thought there are some fancy machines, but there's not enough of those fancy machines. Stuff like lights would be nice. Also, I don't really like how some of the items already in this modpack look. They look... odd...

We already have redstone lights.

I think the modder should add spaceship that you can control and fly around, have spaceship battles between friends, gather resources to build certain items from the current mod and add then to your ship, and other stuff like that.

Ouhh, I think that would be very difficult to write a code for this.

I used the obsidian mining pick and enchant it with a 30 lvl enchantement i get really often a efficency V and an unbreaking III. ITs making that simple tool a weapon of mass destruction, a swipe will break anything that isnt ore making it an effective way to mine quarry style.

Also the qarry from BC is a bit overpower making any other mining form obsolete, killing the mine in minecraft. I like the idea of redpower2 making vehicule with frame and making it move, it was giving you the oportunity to try to make the ultimate mining machine or at least try... all my prototype (2) ended in failure...

So im more liking the idea of having ways to improves the yield of what you mine instead of an automatic mining machine. So could make something that make ore dust in something that can smell for 2 ingot making a simple ore giving you 4 ingot, but in trade it would cost a lot of energy (making the fusion reactor usefull)

Anyway even now i find voltz way better then tekkit (that i loved so much) and i do want my redpower2 back! (those frame motor was awesome)

I generally liked the possibilities of automation in Tekkit, especially the IC2 Pipe system and its sorting machine.

As far as mining goes, there should be something similar to the IC2 miner but with more need for maintenance

(maybe like the bore head from railcraft) and the option to automatically transport the items with said pipe system

Well, Voltz is capturing the essence of having an Electricity Age in Minecraft. I find it silly having a steel sword while I can make ICBM's and Nuclear Reactors. So an evolution in weapons would be pleasing. Yes, more redstone mods would be wonderful to have. I'm also curious as to why Optifine isn't included in the pack too.

I'm also curious as to why Optifine isn't included in the pack too.

Optifine Won't be included in any packs due to permissions issues(The maker has blanket denied ANY modpack from using Optifine).

I like the idea of some sort of laser/plasma weaponry which needs charging, but I don't think it should be over the top, and should come with armour to match. Just some sort of gun to shoot people with, not a handheld nuke to destroy everything with.

I've found that traincraft works quite well, bar one BlockID being changed in config. It also has 2 aircraft for those who want them, a helicopter and an airship. only problem right now is the electric trains dont support UE as an input so are pretty useless for the time being unless the energy option is disabled..again, in config

• 4 weeks later...

This thread is ridiculous. So after reading all the posts and the general direction people want to go, they want to basically add all the mods to Voltz that Tekkit has so this is really all just about how people want to play Tekkit. There is a modpack called Tekkit that allows you to play Tekkit!

Voltz is a different modpack for a different style of play and PvP. It's in its early stages but it doesn't have the fundamental problems that Tekkit has--such as once you can make infinite whatever, what is the point?

Voltz actually has a sense of challenge in it since people can't just mass produce infinite diamonds and they actually have to play in order to enjoy it.

-Crimsus