Jump to content

My Modpack launches Vanilla


Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

So I made a modpack with some mods in it and uploaded it to Technic, and it worked just fine. I then wanted to make a new modpack which was the same as the previous one, minus a few mods (as they weren't compatible with a server I wanted to make). Except this new modpack doesn't work, as each time I play with it Technic just launches Vanilla Minecraft 1.12.2. I've tried and re-tried making the modpack from scratch, as well as copying the previous modpack and just deleting the mods I didn't want anymore. But I still get the same issue. 

To run you through exactly what I did with the copying: I took my old modpack files (the one that works), copied the whole folder on my desktop, went into the 'mods' folder, deleted the mod files I didn't want anymore, selected the modpack folder, added to archive (using WinRAR), made it a ZIP, uploaded the file into Dropbox, copied the Share link to the modpack file location in Technic (changing the last part to dl=1), update the modpack, then open the Technic Launcher, find and install my new modpack, then click Play, which opens Vanilla Minecraft...

My guess is that this problem could be due to Forge not being properly installed in the new modpack as it has a new location, but normally all the files in the old modpack are also present in the new one. Another possibility is that the mods in the new folder aren't properly installed on a 'clean client'. Or it could be something else; I'm not very tech-savvy. 

Either way I hope someone is able to tell me what the problem might be and how exactly I can fix it. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance!

(PS: both my modpacks are hidden as I haven't yet asked for permission from the mod creators to add their mods to a modpack. I will of course get their permission before making the modpacks public)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lord Ptolemy said:

Not a launcher issue. Moved to Platform Pagoda.Not a launcher issue. Moved to Platform Pagoda.

 

For newer 1.12.2 Forge versions:

image.png

Thanks for moving it to the right forum. However I'm using Minecraft 1.12.2, for both modpacks. And Forge works fine in the first one, and as I just copy-pasted, it should be the same Forge file that's present in the second pack too. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, TerdyTheTerd said:

Very rarely files can become corrupt when copy/pasting. Did you verify that the modpack.jar is still valid? Otherwise please provide the Technic log file after attempting to launch the modpack. 

Ah I didn't know, thanks for the info. That could very well be the cause of the problem. How would I check the validity of the jar file? Or provide the log file? (Sorry for my lack of knowledge, technology is not my strong point)

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can try opening the file with winrar, otherwise you can try manually re-creating it (there are plenty of guides on this).

Providing the log would be easiest, to get to the log file you can open "Launcher Options" then "Open Logs". Find the most recent log, open it, copy the content and use something like pastebin.com or hastebin.com to paste the contents into, then link that here (this is so nobody has to download a file, which is a potential security threat).

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TerdyTheTerd said:

You can try opening the file with winrar, otherwise you can try manually re-creating it (there are plenty of guides on this).

Providing the log would be easiest, to get to the log file you can open "Launcher Options" then "Open Logs". Find the most recent log, open it, copy the content and use something like pastebin.com or hastebin.com to paste the contents into, then link that here (this is so nobody has to download a file, which is a potential security threat).

Ok thanks! Here is a log file of today: https://pastebin.com/FGegfwC0

I just opened Technic, played my modpack, saw that Vanilla had opened, and closed Minecraft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, JaariAtmc said:

That modpack is not correctly zipped. When I opened the zip, I saw a modpack folder. I should be seeing the bin/mods (and also config) folders.

I just reuploaded the 'correctly zipped' file to Technic, relaunched the launcher, reinstalled the pack and clicked Play, only to run back into the same problem. I've already tried zipping the file both ways already, neither work, so I don't think that was the issue at hand here (unless I'm being completely stupid; which is not impossible). 

https://pastebin.com/V8WaDgKs

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your modpack.jar is misnamed, its currently called "modpack.jar.jar". This is from the modpack download file

image.png.071626890e62989a07305aebceb83c01.png

You may have misnamed this on accident, windows will by default hide some extension names, you can show them by pressing "View" tab and then "File Name extensions"

image.png.451f8d73c8485cfd51f8c4654cc544be.png

Just remove the extra .jar and you should be good to go ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TerdyTheTerd said:

Your modpack.jar is misnamed, its currently called "modpack.jar.jar". This is from the modpack download file

image.png.071626890e62989a07305aebceb83c01.png

You may have misnamed this on accident, windows will by default hide some extension names, you can show them by pressing "View" tab and then "File Name extensions"

image.png.451f8d73c8485cfd51f8c4654cc544be.png

Just remove the extra .jar and you should be good to go ;)

I'm afraid that this didn't fix the problem...  :(

https://pastebin.com/CH93U9eF

I have however now enabled the file name extensions showing so I don't make silly mistakes like that in the future

Edited by Dromoka
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Forum Administrators
2 hours ago, Dromoka said:

I'm afraid that this didn't fix the problem...  :(

https://pastebin.com/CH93U9eF

I have however now enabled the file name extensions showing so I don't make silly mistakes like that in the future

 

On 6/8/2020 at 9:45 AM, Lord Ptolemy said:

Not a launcher issue. Moved to Platform Pagoda.

 

For newer 1.12.2 Forge versions:

image.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...