Jump to content

FORGE 1.12.2 - 14.23.5.2854 does'nt work


superwizzman
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, sorry for my bad english my first language is french. I would like to report a ''bug'' with all forge 1.12.2 over 2850 is not working to make a modpack. So the last recommanded build of FORGE 1.12.2 is not working for modpack. It could be nice to update the terchnic launcher for this new recommanded build.

Thank you! :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, superwizzman said:

Hi everyone, sorry for my bad english my first language is french. I would like to report a ''bug'' with all forge 1.12.2 over 2850 is not working to make a modpack. So the last recommanded build of FORGE 1.12.2 is not working for modpack. It could be nice to update the terchnic launcher for this new recommanded build.

Thank you! :D

The new recommended build has NO fixes for anything. However, use the INSTALLER instead of the Universal, and use it like you would use the universal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JaariAtmc said:

The new recommended build has NO fixes for anything. However, use the INSTALLER instead of the Universal, and use it like you would use the universal.

Oh I did'nt know that! 😮 Thanks for the information it's strange for a recommanded build without to be stable. 

I'm not sure to understand what you mean with ''use the installer''. I should install forge in my modpack folder with the installer and rename the .jar to ''modpack'' and put it in bin? If is that, i already tried it and it does not work too for higher than 2850 😕 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TerdyTheTerd said:

To clarify, you are not running or opening the installer, there should be no installing. All you do is rename the installer file itself

Ohh!! I thought it was ''extract'' like it says in the guide of technic. I never thought about that but it works! I'm surprise an installer could works haha 

Thank yoy really much for the timps! And you, do you think the last recommended build is stable?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have personally almost always used the latest forge versions for my modpacks/servers. There are occasionally issues, but those usually arise when something like a library gets updated or a feature gets modified. There isn't a changelog on the Forge website for the recent few versions, as JaariAtmc pointed out, the only recent changes do not actually effect anything in minecraft, they were only minor changes to things like the license info and the gradle build script.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/12/2020 at 10:09 PM, TerdyTheTerd said:

I have personally almost always used the latest forge versions for my modpacks/servers. There are occasionally issues, but those usually arise when something like a library gets updated or a feature gets modified. There isn't a changelog on the Forge website for the recent few versions, as JaariAtmc pointed out, the only recent changes do not actually effect anything in minecraft, they were only minor changes to things like the license info and the gradle build script.

Ok thank you for the information!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...