FireFall

Hushful

As some of you may know, there is a F2P MMO shooter in closed beta right now by the name of FireFall. For those of you who haven't heard of it, the premise is that we found a energy source called Crystite that far exceeds any other we've managed to stumble across. We exploit the crap out of it, advancing our technology a good bit beyond what we have now, making such things as energy weapons and personal "mech" suits called Frames. The problem is that we blew it and now a horrible world changing storm called The Melding" has descended on our planet and has made most of it inhabitable. We have found ways to push back The Melding but new and sometimes very dangerous creatures have emerged from it along with a hostile humanoid race known only as The Chosen. Fight back and reclaim earth!

It is primarily a FPS / RTS with some RPG aspects sprinkled in. Each character can be any "class" known as battleframes and they all level independently. Each battleframe also has its own skill set and weapons. The overall art direction of the game is kind of cartoonish but it's not off putting. There are missions / quests that you can do, but are limited right now due to it's beta state, and there are also random world wide missions that occur such as Chosen dropships to be destroyed, repulsor towers to retake, things like that. You can also gather resources for crafting weapons, equipment, or health and ammo packs. Armies (guilds) are also in the game at this point.

From time to time I get closed beta invites for the game that I can send to those interested. The website for the game is www.firefallthegame.com

What do you guys think? Is it something you would like to get in on or just another free to play MMO in an already saturated market?

Current Beta invites available: 3

Except we don't have near the tech that is available in the game, but I see how it could be compared to our current status.

yeah, it basically seems like: "yur hur, uts dis inurgy surs... luts uz it ALL du tim. oh luk, aliens atwakun oos foor id? how dare duy! killblamlasershhoty!

Just took another look, because I remember not seeing much of the gameplay, since I missed the Media tab somehow. Looking at the images, it seems to remind me of another FTP MMO gameplay-wise, called Global Offensive or something. I just hope it's not plagued by the same horrific lag issues (When my computer manages to lag that badly on minimum graphics and Superfast internet, you know something's wrong, because it can run most things on at least High). It does seem pretty good though, and I've always enjoyed Mech-based games.

Well, Mass Effect covers the entire galaxy whereas FireFall is only on earth, there are no alien species, just ones that got jacked up and mutated by the melding, no reapers, Mass Effect is SP and FireFall is an MMORTTS, and there is no massive galactic conspiracy / cover up about a sentient synthetic race that comes in and wrecks shop every 50,000 years.

Well, Mass Effect covers the entire galaxy whereas FireFall is only on earth, there are no alien species, just ones that got jacked up and mutated by the melding, no reapers, Mass Effect is SP and FireFall is an MMORTTS, and there is no massive galactic conspiracy / cover up about a sentient synthetic race that comes in and wrecks shop every 50,000 years.

you got a point there....but ME3 does have multiplayer :) (i find it fun)

• 1 month later...

ME3 may have multiplayer functionality, but FireFall is always multiplayer. I treid the multiplayer for ME3 for awhile but was able to get the best possible ending with my galactic readiness at 50% so I never really saw the point.

that is because there isn't,

also bioware said that you can get the best ending without playing multiplayer...multiplayer was just there if wanted to get 100% i think....i really don't get it myself....

but according to bioware's N7 HQ...i have 188h logged in it.