Optifine with Tekkit Lite

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It would be awesome if Technic figured a way to avoid having to unzip the jar files and place them in the modpack.jar It's simple to do but it would be easier if they had a way to just copy the mod to a folder and the launcher injects the files into the jar. Doing it the current way makes it pretty hard to remove one mod from the jar file later.

• 4 weeks later...

its abit weird for them to take out optifine...Im guessing they will put it back soon

Actually, the optifine autor does not want it in modpacks anymore, so tough luck for the people like me who lag to death in vanilla...

its abit weird for them to take out optifine...Im guessing they will put it back soon

Actually, the optifine autor does not want it in modpacks anymore, so tough luck for the people like me who lag to death in vanilla...

Then install it yourself. It's not that hard. Just install OptiFine like you normally would, but in modpack.jar instead of minecraft.jar.

• 1 month later...

I did the steps put the optifine 1.4.6 into the modpack.jar i opened tekkit lite and it worked totaly fine but when i tried to make a new world it just sais: building terrain I left my computer for a couple of hours and when i came back it was just the same screen this also happens when i open a old world that worked without optifine. If i try cliccing on the screen it evantually sair Tekkitlite does not respond! Please help that'd be great :)

• 1 month later...

Alright, i'm going to pretend to be a expert on this for a second, bear with me.

To install optifine onto tekkit lite, you must first get to the modpacks folder. from the technic laumncher, select "Tekkit lite" and hover over it. You should see a gear icon. open this up and select "open folder". Assuming the modpack is installed, you should see a "bin" folder. Open this and you should see the "minecraft" jar file. Very important, useful, and is the core of how minecraft works. Ignore that file and use a archiving file to open the "modpack" jar file. Optifine for the CORRECT version (most likely not the most recent version) must be unzipped and the files must be added to the "modpack" jar file. What version minecraft depends on the tekkit lite release. One way to check is to either look at the mods in the "mods" folder to see their version, or to open minecraft and use f3. I can't say what version to use because I want this to be a general guide, not just a guide for this version. In fact, I may make this it's own post.

• 6 months later...