Railcraft - Please Remove

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If YOU made something that took time out of your life, and you gave it away for free, would you like someone profiting off of your hard work?

They aren't simply profiting off the hard work of mod authors by doing nothing. They are performing the service of aggregating a bunch of fun and useful mods into one end-user friendly package.

From the terms of service on minecraft.net which you read and agreed to when you bought the game:

Plugins for the game also belong to you and you can do whatever you want with them, as long as you don't sell them for money.

They are not selling them for money. I don't recall clicking a purchase button when I downloaded Technic Mod Launcher and the various servers. Web traffic and advertisements, plus donations to keep them going, drive their revenue stream.

They are not selling them for money. I don't recall clicking a purchase button when I downloaded Technic Mod Launcher and the various servers. Web traffic and advertisements, plus donations to keep them going, drive their revenue stream.

Is there a way to donate to the Technic team? I didn't know they had a donation link. Where is it, I owe them for a year and a half of entertainment I wouldn't have had if they didn't put the pack together. Donated to a few modders before but to donate to the Technic team themselves would be neat.

Is there a way to donate to the Technic team? I didn't know they had a donation link. Where is it, I owe them for a year and a half of entertainment I wouldn't have had if they didn't put the pack together. Donated to a few modders before but to donate to the Technic team themselves would be neat.

No. There isn't and won't be. The team wants the donations to go to the modders, no matter how simpering they may be.

They aren't simply profiting off the hard work of mod authors by doing nothing. They are performing the service of aggregating a bunch of fun and useful mods into one end-user friendly package.
Nearly half more than half of the threads under "What's New?" are people having trouble with technic or the launcher.

I was referring to your statement concerning why they can't sell the modpack.

I don't understand the limitation concerning revenue. Why would it matter if a modpack earns revenue. They have to pay for their servers to host their site. Revenue is gross earnings, not net earnings. Either the mod author doesn't know the difference between revenue and profit, or he doesn't want anyone to have the ability to pay for their expenses. In addition, monies earned by providing this modpack in no way hinders monies earned by the mod author. In fact, I wouldn't have ever known of this mod if it weren't for the Technic/Tekkit folks and their modpack.

The inclusion of his mod in this modpack is a net gain for the mod author.

Why does everyone have to hate on Covert? I personally like his mod, and would be disappointed if it left the mod pack, however, if he set up stipulations beforehand, and the agreement was violated, he has every right and reason to demand the removal of his mod from the pack. While I disagree with his way of explaining it initially, you guys have to understand that all the claim a mod maker has on their mod is the credit they receive. If Covert isn't getting fair credit, they should not use his mod.

I have issued successful DMCA takedown notices in the past to other modpacks. I've talked with Mojang devs who say I have the right. Trust me, the law is on my side.

I could issue a DMCA takedown notice on you right now and have your web site shut down. I would have legal standing to make it stand, but it has nothing to do with who's side the law is on. It all comes down to if the other side wants to spend the time and money to fight you. In most cases, server hosts do not want to waist ether. They will shut you down at the first sign of a DMCA, with out even looking into if the person/s issuing it has any legal standing.

Unless the devs at Mojang practice law in the country your in, I suggest talking to a lawyer for legal advice.

But you are wasting your time here arguing over it with a bunch of people who have already made up their minds on your original post and see you simply as they guy trying to take something away from them.

Your the Jewish baker telling the Cristian customer he's not allowed to put bacon on the bagels he bought from your store. Sure it makes sense to you, and you feel you are in the right, but their morals are different then your own and they just don't get why your making a fuss over something.

Why does everyone have to hate on Covert? I personally like his mod, and would be disappointed if it left the mod pack, however, if he set up stipulations beforehand, and the agreement was violated, he has every right and reason to demand the removal of his mod from the pack. While I disagree with his way of explaining it initially, you guys have to understand that all the claim a mod maker has on their mod is the credit they receive. If Covert isn't getting fair credit, they should not use his mod.

CJ is getting credit. I think the issue is more that a bunch of other mods are missing author names and links.

• Moderators

Nearly half more than half of the threads under "What's New?" are people having trouble with technic or the launcher

Man, people needing help going to a forum that is there to give them help sure seems weird! I wonder why they do that? Or why people who aren't having issues aren't posting for help about their lack of issues?

Man, people needing help going to a forum that is there to give them help sure seems weird! I wonder why they do that? Or why people who aren't having issues aren't posting for help about their lack of issues?

On first glance you would think it was a forum for people coming to look for help only to have some one call them stupid for not figuring it out on their own. CJ clearly does not visit the forum often, or he would have foreseen the hate fest his post inevitably turned into.

On first glance you would think it was a forum for people coming to look for help only to have some one call them stupid for not figuring it out on their own. CJ clearly does not visit the forum often, or he would have foreseen the hate fest his post inevitably turned into.

You're mistaken, the hate is only given out to people who have put literally zero effort into figuring it out on their own. The site has a search function, many just choose not to use it. CJ clearly doesn't visit the forum often, or he would have known we have a bit of intolerance for selfish egotistical assholes.

I'm glad you all enjoyed yelling at each other while I was away all day. Since nothing important came out of the discussion I'll just closed the thread now. The situation has been resolved between myself and CovertJaguar directly so there is no need for further discussion on this topic.