Railcraft - Please Remove

Seriously? Whether he did PM them or not it doesn't really matter, the point of this thread is for the technic team to post proof of their permissions, whether he PM'ed them or not they still have to post the permission links.

Trust me, that's not the stance of any of the forge devs, if that's really what you think why don't you go get screenshot of that if you're all about proving things. You may use his mod, but if technic doesn't provide a list of permissions links, you won't be using it in technic.

If covert can't prove what he says, why should Technic have to prove anything it says. If it says it has permission, then that's good enough. Covert should put up or shut up.

Oh, and here's the conversation in forge about using things wiether you like it or not: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/lexmanos-vs-flower-child-forge-is-now-run-by-nazis.32725/

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trust me, that's not the stance of any of the forge devs, if that's really what you think why don't you go get screenshot of that if you're all about proving things. You may use his mod, but if technic doesn't provide a list of permissions links, you won't be using it in technic.

While I believe the interpretation is a bit off, I am fairly sure it comes from this thread.

If covert can't prove what he says, why should Technic have to prove anything it says. If it says it has permission, then that's good enough. Covert should put up or shut up.

Nobody's forcing them to prove it. If they don't want to, then they don't have to, they just won't get railcraft. They have to prove it since that's the guidlines he set for people to publicly distribute railcraft. If you want you can go create a mod and set your own guidelines, but if you want to use railcraft you're going to have to follow covert's guidelines since it's his mod, just as you have to follow mojang's guidelines to play minecraft since it's their game.

It was, they released anyway.

Even so, there are other team members you could have contacted. Instead you just created a big drama fest on the forums. On top of that, how long did you even wait for a response? Do you even know if said team member got you message. For all you know they have not even checked their messages, or it got flagged for spam.

Nobody's forcing them to prove it. If they don't want to, then they don't have to, they just won't get railcraft. They have to prove it since that's the guidlines he set for people to publicly distribute railcraft. If you want you can go create a mod and set your own guidelines, but if you want to use railcraft you're going to have to follow covert's guidelines since it's his mod, just as you have to follow mojang's guidelines to play minecraft since it's their game.

There is no legal ground that I have to do anything when it comes to his mod. It's posted on the internet. It's a mod, not a product. You seem confused.

There is no legal ground that I have to do anything when it comes to his mod. It's posted on the internet. It's a mod, not a product. You seem confused.

There is a great deal of legal ground although I doubt covert will take legal actions. Since you brought it up though, the tos on minecraft.net that you so thoroughly read and agreed to when you purchased minecraft states that all plugins created for the game are the developer's property. Additionally railcraft is copyrighted, just as you can't distribute someone else's book, you can't distribute someone else's code without their permission. I assure you, I am not confused.

EDIT: I was wrong to doubt covert wouldn't take legal actions (see below)

I am more curious as to why this restriction is required. It seems a bit petty to be honest. You either give your blessing or you don't. Who cares about the other drama inspired flaming hoops?

You won't be hurting Technic by rescinding your blessing. The people who like the mod will still play it. And lastly, you gain nothing. Well,, more drama I guess. That's something.

No progress is going to be made, mainly because you seem unable to accept that what KoL said isn't wrong.

It is entirely wrong except for the part about railcraft being a mod that's on the internet if you're picky. Read my post above, both the mc tos that you read and agreed when purchasing the game, as well as federal copyright laws protect every mod, which as killer of lawyers kindly pointed out, railcraft does happen to be a mod.

What, this?

08[01 7:01 pm] <CovertJaguar> it should be noted that until you meet my reqs, I will be quite displeased if I see a modern version of railcraft in one of your packs

That's not ambiguous at all!

Also, I'm right. You have no legal ground. IF you do, then serve me papers. Otherwise, stop being a child.

if you dont agree than leave, this is where I draw the line

THIS MESSAGE GOES OUT TO ALL OF YOU! LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!

Dont like it, dont use it! Dont like the posts! Dont reply! Keep it SHUT!

Proof?

It is entirely wrong except for the part about railcraft being a mod that's on the internet if you're picky. Read my post above, both the mc tos that you read and agreed when purchasing the game, as well as federal copyright laws protect every mod, which as killer of lawyers kindly pointed out, railcraft does happen to be a mod.

I am more curious as to why this restriction is required. It seems a bit petty to be honest. You either give your blessing or you don't. Who cares about the other drama inspired flaming hoops?

What, this?

08[01 7:01 pm] <CovertJaguar> it should be noted that until you meet my reqs, I will be quite displeased if I see a modern version of railcraft in one of your packs

That's not ambiguous at all!

Also, I'm right. You have no legal ground. IF you do, then serve me papers. Otherwise, stop being a child.

No progress is going to be made, mainly because you seem unable to accept that what KoL said isn't wrong.

Love it or leave it, dont love it? Dont care, keep your mouths SHUT!

If you have a problem with this mod, you can PM ME about it, have an issue? Than keep it to yourself, now SCATTER YOU LOT OF TROLLS!

I have issued successful DMCA takedown notices in the past to other modpacks. I've talked with Mojang devs who say I have the right. Trust me, the law is on my side.

The Mojang Devs, and the actions of companies you submit false DCMA's to aren't the law. If I wanted to I could issue a DCMA to your own personal IP right now. The only law is what the court decides. Take someone to court.

I'd suggest you start with small claims. Here's information for it in your state: http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/resources/?fa=newsinfo_jury.scc&altMenu=smal

If you have a problem with this mod, you can PM ME about it, have an issue? Than keep it to yourself, now SCATTER YOU LOT OF TROLLS!

Look who's talking. We're having a just fine chat about perms, and you come in with your double-posting-caps-lock.

The Mojang Devs, and the actions of companies you submit false DCMA's to aren't the law. If I wanted to I could issue a DCMA to your own personal IP right now. The only law is what the court decides. Take someone to court.

I'd suggest you start with small claims. Here's information for it in your state: http://www.courts.wa.gov/newsinfo/resources/?fa=newsinfo_jury.scc&altMenu=smal

Drop it, you either let go, or you feud somewhere else.

Because I am defending the hard work of CJ, now, if I were you. I would leave now before I have a moderator start issuing warrants.

Too late. If you actually read the rules, you would know that you just broke a couple of them.

(If I get a warning for backseat modding, it was totally worth it.)

Oops, looks like we caught a backseat moderator red-handed.

Would you please leave, biscuit? You've stopped contributing anything, and have broken two rules afaik.

I mean, come on. This conversation isn't that uncivilised yet.

Edit: Woop, ninja'd. Knew it would happen D:

lol You need to take a look at yourself. It is just a glorified game of legos you are getting so worked up about.