How to convert Tekkit Classic world to Tekkit lite !

I've been reading the posts and noticed that at least a few people have had a problem that i was having. I was able to resolve the issue and wanted to share what i did :

When mIDas is downloaded its icon is the same as a file that is opened with 7zip or winrar (a .jar file) and had to right click on it and select "open with" then selected java to run the program.

PROBLEM WAS THIS : When i ran the program and tried to convert a map it would give me an error before it was even able to start converting. There was also no error log created even though it said that it had created one.

SOLUTION WAS THIS : (i dont know why it would only work like this but it did and i'm happy) Right click the mIDasGOLD .jar file, then click properties, where it says "opens with --- (whatever program opens it)" click the "change..." button and select Java.

After i did this it ran perfectly with the exact same maps i had failed to convert 10 times over and failed every time (i only tried to convert a copy of a map once, when it failed i would delete it and make a new copy) doing this will make all of your other .jar files try to open with java, but once you are finished with mIDas, just change it back.

Lemme know if this has helped. Good luck and good gaming peeps.

*running win 7 32bit, 2 gigs of ddr2, AMD 64x X2 dual core 5600+ 2.90 GHz, Java 1.7.0_11-b21*

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading the posts and noticed that at least a few people have had a problem that i was having. I was able to resolve the issue and wanted to share what i did :

When mIDas is downloaded its icon is the same as a file that is opened with 7zip or winrar (a .jar file) and had to right click on it and select "open with" then selected java to run the program.

PROBLEM WAS THIS : When i ran the program and tried to convert a map it would give me an error before it was even able to start converting. There was also no error log created even though it said that it had created one.

SOLUTION WAS THIS : (i dont know why it would only work like this but it did and i'm happy) Right click the mIDasGOLD .jar file, then click properties, where it says "opens with --- (whatever program opens it)" click the "change..." button and select Java.

After i did this it ran perfectly with the exact same maps i had failed to convert 10 times over and failed every time (i only tried to convert a copy of a map once, when it failed i would delete it and make a new copy) doing this will make all of your other .jar files try to open with java, but once you are finished with mIDas, just change it back.

Lemme know if this has helped. Good luck and good gaming peeps.

*running win 7 32bit, 2 gigs of ddr2, AMD 64x X2 dual core 5600+ 2.90 GHz, Java 1.7.0_11-b21*

Thanks Itamu, people have had this problem before and I completely forgot about it. Hopefully this will help anybody who has been having problems.

I'm a bit confused by the instructions there-- aren't I supposed to overwrite the old Tekkit 1.2.5 folder's files with the Tekkit Lite server files at some step?

So far I've had no success getting things working. And is a working 1.4.7 something which we can expect soon?

For some reason my generator, macerator, extractor, and electric furnace (maybe more), rotate so that what normally is the top of the block is facing me. I don't know how to change this and it's getting annoying not being sure what machine is what. Any suggestions as to what I need to change? I even went back to the default texture pack to check and it is the same there, on top of that I tried re-placing the blocks saving and then logging back in and it just rotates them down again.

Edit: Sorry about this post, apparently it's a problem with IC2 itself, not this patch (The patch works wonderfully :D ). I didn't delete this post in case someone else has the same problem and comes here.

Here's a link to the bug: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/sideway-textures-on-ic2-blocks.37591/

• 2 weeks later...

For the invisible Buildcraft pipes, midasGold only converts those in chests and in player inventory. All placed Buildcraft pipes are a single tile Entity, so they are not converted, and buildcraft doesn't recognize them unless they have the same pipeIds as 1.2.5. They can be edited by hand with NBT Explorer, but it is a much more time consuming process.

For condensers/alchemical chests, they could be converted to crystal chests, but when converted are empty. If they are converted by hand, they keep their inventories. Grrr.

So converting a Tekkit Classic world works for the most part, but it does have some challenges.

Hey so I just released Version 0.2.4 of mIDas Gold! There aren't really any exciting features EXCEPT it now uses plugins to do the conversions and I have written a plugin to convert BuildCraft pipes correctly. So if you download the new version there should be no invisible pipes. Please let me know how it goes!

The new Buildcraft-plugin didn't work for me at all. The conversion to Lite still works fine (except for missing Lappacks and Emeraldswords), but the outcome is the same with Midas 0.2.3 and Midas 0.2.4

My magic ball says you used the patch.txt in the original post. It of course doesn't contain all the buildcraft pipe IDs because the various people who created it didn't put them all in after they realised there was no point. You will need to do the work yourself and find the IDs. Why not be a good sport and post them here when you are done!

First off let me say thanks for the tool havoc. Its been a massive help trying to convert my world.

I had almost given up on getting buildcraft pipes to work until I saw you'd updated the tool to handle it. However so far I've not had any luck exporting them over. The pipes in my inventory get converted fine, but the placed pipes still turn into invisible blocks. The server logs also still contain the error:

2013-02-22 15:15:52 [WARNING] [buildcraft] Pipe failed to load from NBT at 332,73,639

2013-02-22 15:15:52 [WARNING] [buildcraft] Detected pipe with unknown key (-1). Did you remove a buildcraft addon?

I'm using the latest buildcraft and additional pipes mods. As well as my own custom patch.txt

First off let me say thanks for the tool havoc. Its been a massive help trying to convert my world.

I had almost given up on getting buildcraft pipes to work until I saw you'd updated the tool to handle it. However so far I've not had any luck exporting them over. The pipes in my inventory get converted fine, but the placed pipes still turn into invisible blocks. The server logs also still contain the error:

2013-02-22 15:15:52 [WARNING] [buildcraft] Pipe failed to load from NBT at 332,73,639

2013-02-22 15:15:52 [WARNING] [buildcraft] Detected pipe with unknown key (-1). Did you remove a buildcraft addon?

I'm using the latest buildcraft and additional pipes mods. As well as my own custom patch.txt

Could you send me the patch file and version numbers of buildcraft, additional pipes and MC that you are using. Also the log file you will find in wherever you ran midas from.

Thanks,

Differ the IDs from world to world? Because I just used Aerberus' patch.txt and the map (still working) looked even worse than before. E.g. obsidian went missing. Do I have to change other files as well?

If there is no solution (using other people's patch.txts), I will try to find the IDs by myself.

Differ the IDs from world to world? Because I just used Aerberus' patch.txt and the map (still working) looked even worse than before. E.g. obsidian went missing. Do I have to change other files as well?

If there is no solution (using other people's patch.txts), I will try to find the IDs by myself.

Unfortunately yes. I noticed that none of the other patch.txts actually accurately matched my world. Mostly it was redpower items that stopped working as redpower has the ability to auto assign failed IDs. Although my old IDs will match a version of Tekkit classic, my new IDs will not match Tekkit lite. I've rolled in a rew additional mods and built it from scratch, so none of the config files probably match. I recommend looking back a few pages where people have given a python script that takes the dumps from NEI. Just remember to drop both Item IDs and Block IDs.

Could I get the buildcraft config files from the two versions as well?

The Advanced Pipes and buildcraft config files are up on the dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2znw1zygedzt6g1/DCcJxsdkD2

I did make a few changes to Patch.txt since yesterday, which has also been uploaded

yeah i figured as much. was just too lazy to edit them out. Used excel to make the list. I do far too many VLOOKUPs while at work and its rubbed off

Ok I found the problem, you were relying too much on Excel and NEI :D.

For some reason NEI doesn't dump the IDs of the pipes(probably for the same reason it needs a special plugin for mIDas). Just look at the config files and add the translations by hand, there are only a few. As an example you can see "pipeItemsCobblestone.id=4051" in the old cfg but " I:pipeItemsCobblestone.id=19161" in the new one. so translate 4051 -> 19161 etc.

For some reason NEI doesn't dump the IDs of the pipes(probably for the same reason it needs a special plugin for mIDas). Just look at the config files and add the translations by hand, there are only a few. As an example you can see "pipeItemsCobblestone.id=4051" in the old cfg but " I:pipeItemsCobblestone.id=19161" in the new one. so translate 4051 -> 19161 etc.

Thanks I'll look into that in a bit. Unfortunately I have a rather busy weekend.

EDIT: Nevermind, i deleted the player data folders and now it works fine

please someone help me out, i converted my world with the patch.txt on the main thread, no errors at all, but when i load the world in tekkit lite, it crashes and i get this error http://pastebin.com/sxHSmqGH

Theres not much stuff in the worldfile, i trimmed it to fit the respawn and the coliding city, and as far as i know, there's just a few BC pipes and no machines at all.

Well this whole ID stuff is a pain in the donkey. I looked at that IDmap dumps from NEI (I think its that mod) and I'm also capable of comparing .txt files, but not even the names of the blocks and items stayed the same... There must be an easier way. Where is the information for classic that there exists a particular block and why can't Lite use this? (Does your program do something other than changing block IDs, havoc?)

Finally got around to testing that today. The dropbox contains the patch.txt with the addition of all the info I could find in the buildcraft/additional pipes config files. One thing i did notice is there doesn't appear to be a match for a few of the buildcraft block IDs. eg cobblestonePipe.id=159

Unfortunately the pipes are still missing in the new world.