Why was Railcraft removed?

Teraku

I hope other mods get removed by tekkit or not be able to add them (like thaumcraft)

Next time, even if its dumb or not, ask for permission to make public in a pack stuff that isn't yours :)

That aside, half these MC mods I'd have never bothered even getting to know without Tekkit/Technic, I've had Minecraft since early beta way back in 2008, I hadn't played it seriously for a couple years til finding Tekkit, and it was the mods in it that sold it to me and I've really appreciated a lot of work I'd have never experienced without the Tekkit mod pack making the situation a simple process that didn't require power user level understanding to be able to enjoy it.

Minecraft was released in 2009, beta was like 2010, not 2008 :)

I hope other mods get removed by tekkit or not be able to add them (like thaumcraft)

Next time, even if its dumb or not, ask for permission to make public in a pack stuff that isn't yours :)

Minecraft was released in 2009, beta was like 2010, not 2008 :)

Going to the Technic forums just to troll and flame isn't a good idea. Just saying. Maybe you should read up on the history of Technic before you baselessly flame and jump to conclusions.

Sorry if the cold truth feels like "troll" and whatever that means for you...

Technic and tekkit were 2 small packs that just became famous, they have some permissions but not all. And people on the forums will write you "troll" or a flamer if you have a different opinion and don't hate the mod makers that want to be asked for permission like almost everybody here.

Dravarden, they removed all the mods without permission. You're just a sheep following the crowds and believing everything you hear on the internet. If Technic went without permissions, we would have Optifine and Mo' Creatures etc.. He's not a troll, he's just an idiot who can't think for himself.

So where's the publicly displayed permissions for FTB? Don't see it anywhere on the FTB website...

I just hope some major mod decides to do the same permission thing as CJ did. Sure you can include buildcraft, but sure show me that you have permission for every mod including railcraft. But railcraft can't provide permission because I'm requiring permission. I can't permit mine without him permitted his first, and he can't permit his without me permitting mine first.

Next time, even if its dumb or not, ask for permission to make public in a pack stuff that isn't yours

The mods were all available in the public anyway. All the Technic team did was put them together and make them work together.

As to a public permissions list? Personally I don't see why they should have to make their agreements with modmakers public. CJ should only be concerned with his own mod. If the other modmakers want to make their position public they can, otherwise it's between them and the Technic crew. I think it's a great shame that some modmakers are trying their best to restrict the use of their mods in a pack when they give free access to it anyway. Seems incredibly redundant. Personally I would never have known about Forestry, Railcraft or Mo'Creatures if not for Technic. I never modded Minecraft before Technic and probably never would have. It's done great things for minecraft and modmakers in general.

Any mods removed from packs can be added at user level.

I've added OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_B2, Thaumcraft 3.0.1c, PowerConvertors_1.4.6, RailCraft_1.4.6-6.14.0.0 and Millenaire3.4.0

(although 1.4.6, they work fine on TekkitLite 0.52 (MineCraft 1.4.7)) [Although, finding a texture pack has been fun ^.^ ]

Only Mod I want that I can't get working is Dr Zark's Mo'Creatures - spent about 53 hours on it, but it just will not work. :S

• 4 weeks later...
Hidden

i got latest Mo'Creatures custom zip working on Tekkit Lite SMP but it had to be build 0.5.2 because Mo Creatures (guitools?) doesn't seem to be compatible with forge 499 yet, which Tekkit Lite uses after 0.5.2. Works fine on the server on newer builds but client can't connect due to wrong forge version.

Any mods removed from packs can be added at user level.

I've added OptiFine_1.4.6_HD_U_B2, Thaumcraft 3.0.1c, PowerConvertors_1.4.6, RailCraft_1.4.6-6.14.0.0 and Millenaire3.4.0

(although 1.4.6, they work fine on TekkitLite 0.52 (MineCraft 1.4.7)) [Although, finding a texture pack has been fun ^.^ ]

Only Mod I want that I can't get working is Dr Zark's Mo'Creatures - spent about 53 hours on it, but it just will not work. :S