update failed?!

mikead99

Another way to do it (if you are willing to lose a lot of data from your modpacks) is delete the entire .techniclauncher file and reboot the launcher (simply by clicking login after having deleted folder). This is located in %appdata% roaming folder, usually under the .minecraft folder. This is what I did because only Tekkit was updating and the others were not.

If you have world saves that you wish to keep, just copy/cut the "saves" folders and put them somewhere else. Then, after deleting the .techniclauncher folder and rebooting the launcher, put the saves back in.

I hope this helps. It is the most surefire way I know to get it working again. It might be more work than other methods, wth dragging files you want to keep around, but it should work well. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem

I have a cracked technic launcher

and when I select Voltz and log in there is a little screen taht says hello, but goes away fast

and the voltz window that is just white all the time

what do I do ?

I cleared the cache data

I set to developer something nad it still doesnt work pls help ?!

I figured out the problem, to fix select manual build selection and pick the bottom one, after that has updated, update it to the most recent version.(after stopping the game)

Amazing, Thank you soooooo sooo so much! I Made an account just to thank you on this :) You have saved me!

i basically cant do shit with my launcher.

I try to launch Voltz, got the "minecraft and FLM fatal error blablabla" problem, then i try every solution here, but the one that seems to work the most (the above one) just wont work cauz it wont update.

Yep, thats right, i just dont have any control at all over my launcher.

EDIT: Ok, i managed to update like you guys said, but still got that f**king fatal error message.

Its like the launcher cant access the files/folders it needs to updates. Well, looks like that for me anyway.

i basically cant do shit with my launcher.

I try to launch Voltz, got the "minecraft and FLM fatal error blablabla" problem, then i try every solution here, but the one that seems to work the most (the above one) just wont work cauz it wont update.

Yep, thats right, i just dont have any control at all over my launcher.

EDIT: Ok, i managed to update like you guys said, but still got that f**king fatal error message.

Its like the launcher cant access the files/folders it needs to updates. Well, looks like that for me anyway.

jimmithesith, maybe if nothing works for you, you should try to contact somebody who made the launcher or someone who is really knowledgable on the subject, like direwolf20, the creator of the FTB modpack.

• 1 month later...

I know a solution that works for every modpack and version.

1. Clear cache

2. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\cache

3. Download the right VANILLA minecraft.jar(tekkit needs 1.2.5, the latest voltz needs 1.4.7)

4. Rename that jar to "minecraft_1.2.5.jar" or "minecraft_1.4.7.jar"

5. Put it in that cache file shown in step 2

6. Run the launcher and play

NOTE: Dont click clear cache again or it may be ruined again.

I know a solution that works for every modpack and version.

1. Clear cache

2. Go to C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\.techniclauncher\cache

3. Download the right VANILLA minecraft.jar(tekkit needs 1.2.5, the latest voltz needs 1.4.7)

4. Rename that jar to "minecraft_1.2.5.jar" or "minecraft_1.4.7.jar"

5. Put it in that cache file shown in step 2

6. Run the launcher and play

NOTE: Dont click clear cache again or it may be ruined again.