How do my mates access my Tekkit Server?

chayes030

I set up a Tekkit Server using Logmein Hamachi and the Terminal start.command on my mac, and I can get on to the server and it works fine, but none of my friends seem to be able to get on it and I'm not sure if it's because they use Windows computers? Anybody know anything about this and how we can get around this?

I've used Hamachi a few times before. Let's see if i can help you out.

to anyone reading this, i am not TOTALLY familiar with hamachi and therefore i may list some steps that are irrelevant or unnecessary. Please feel free to correct me. Thanks!

1. Be sure your computer is connected to the internet, Hamachi is open, and your server is not running.

2. Use Hamachi to create a new group (ex: Chayes030's Private Tekkit Server)

3. OPTIONAL: for security reasons, because hamachi will leave ports on your computer as well as everyone else connected to your server's computer, i'd suggest changing the port number of the server. this is easy to do. If you would like to change the port number, follow the instructions below.

Find your tekkit server folder

Open it, and find the file "server.properties"

Open server.properties (with a basic text editor, like notepad on windows"

There will be a line that reads "server-port:" or something similar, which is currently set to the default "25565"

Change this to any number you wish. I usually use 25566, just because it's easy to remember. You can use any number. (i'd avoid using 80, 20, and 21, though, because they are web and FTP ports, which can still cause problems.)

Save the document

4. Hamachi should list an IPv4 address at the top of the program, which will be in the form of 4 octets of 3 or less numbers, ex (192.168.1.1). Copy this IP address into the "server-ip" field of the server.properties file in your tekkit server folder.

5. Start your tekkit server

6. Your friends can join your Hamachi group and connect to you by entering the IP address from step 4. If you did the steps in the code section, your friends will need to enter the IP address, followed by a ":" followed by the port number you chose. For example, if Hamachi gave me the IP address "56.72.144.58" and i used port 25566, my friends would need to enter "56.72.144.58:25566"

Feel free to DM me if you need any other help!

I've used Hamachi a few times before. Let's see if i can help you out.

1. Be sure your computer is connected to the internet, Hamachi is open, and your server is not running.

2. Use Hamachi to create a new group (ex: Chayes030's Private Tekkit Server)

3. OPTIONAL: for security reasons, because hamachi will leave ports on your computer as well as everyone else connected to your server's computer, i'd suggest changing the port number of the server. this is easy to do. If you would like to change the port number, follow the instructions below.

Find your tekkit server folder

Open it, and find the file "server.properties"

Open server.properties (with a basic text editor, like notepad on windows"

There will be a line that reads "server-port:" or something similar, which is currently set to the default "25565"

Change this to any number you wish. I usually use 25566, just because it's easy to remember. You can use any number. (i'd avoid using 80, 20, and 21, though, because they are web and FTP ports, which can still cause problems.)

Save the document

4. Hamachi should list an IPv4 address at the top of the program, which will be in the form of 4 octets of 3 or less numbers, ex (192.168.1.1). Copy this IP address into the "server-ip" field of the server.properties file in your tekkit server folder.

5. Start your tekkit server

6. Your friends can join your Hamachi group and connect to you by entering the IP address from step 4. If you did the steps in the code section, your friends will need to enter the IP address, followed by a ":" followed by the port number you chose. For example, if Hamachi gave me the IP address "56.72.144.58" and i used port 25566, my friends would need to enter "56.72.144.58:25566"

Feel free to DM me if you need any other help!

My friend still cannot connect to my server it just says 'cannot reach server' he has typed in exactly what you have said but it will not work.

please help.

• 1 month later...

Hamachi is the stupidest thing I've ever heard port forwarding is easy *once you learn how learning is the hardest part then when you do know it's SUPER EASY* go to this site and look for your router remember the port you should use is 25565 you should also go this site though you should only need portforward.com since you have the server downloaded already and java 7-17 *witch I think is the newest build* Hamachi will give you all kinds of probs and bugs and crud all and all I just found it a lot easyer to port forward and another thing make sure to go into your CMD and do ipconfig I think it's the IPv4 Address that's the right IP *haven't had to use the CMD in a while* or go to a site like speedtest.net or what's my IP heck just google it getting the IP is the easy part

Hamachi is the stupidest thing I've ever heard port forwarding is easy *once you learn how learning is the hardest part then when you do know it's SUPER EASY* go to this site and look for your router remember the port you should use is 25565 you should also go this site though you should only need portforward.com since you have the server downloaded already and java 7-17 *witch I think is the newest build* Hamachi will give you all kinds of probs and bugs and crud all and all I just found it a lot easyer to port forward and another thing make sure to go into your CMD and do ipconfig I think it's the IPv4 Address that's the right IP *haven't had to use the CMD in a while* or go to a site like speedtest.net or what's my IP heck just google it getting the IP is the easy part

Can you try explaining that a little more slowly? i could not understand a word you said and i have gotten really confused!!! you should upload it on youtupe and explain it more clearly

USE. PUNCTUATION.

Google Port Forwarding for many tutorials on how to do it. Some info you need beforehand, is your router login information. If you haven't changed it, or don't know what it is, check the bottom of your router. Then you need to find your default gateway. Not sure how to do this on a a mac, but if you use Google it shouldn't be too hard. then, in your browser, type in the ip from the default gateway that you got earlier, and follow the instructions you can find here. If this doesn't work, then try lowering your router firewall to allow incoming data. If this doesn't work, try giving them your external IP address rather than your internal ip address. If this doesn't work, and you have two routers, Google port forwarding with two routers or just use one, which makes infinitely more sense.

Can you try explaining that a little more slowly? i could not understand a word you said and i have gotten really confused!!! you should upload it on youtupe and explain it more clearly

Since that guy doesn't seem to be fixing it, I will fix it with punctuation and such:

[stupidity]Hamachi is the stupidest thing I've ever heard.[/stupidity] Port forwarding is easy *once you learn how.* Learning is the hardest part, then, when you do know, it's SUPER EASY! Go to This Site and look for your router, by manufacturer, then model number. Click the game you want to port forward, in this case it is Minecraft Server, and follow the instructions. You should also go this site, though you should only need portforward.com since you have the server downloaded already and java 7-17, *which I think is the newest build.* [stupidity]Hamachi will give you all kinds of problems and bugs and crud all and all I just found it a lot easier to port forward[/stupidity] To get the IP which your friends will connect with, google search, "What is my IP?" Your public IP adress will be shown at the top of the page.

• 2 weeks later...