Forge mods

Siddic

For the life of me I cant find any info on where to go to get forge mods, like bukkit has their website with plugin lists etc.

but I cant find anything similar for forge...

any suggestions ?

right now im just trying to find an motd so i can turn on the show players on reis.

with forge, do i need to install it on the client side and have all the players do the same ? or is it like bukkit and i just put it in the mods folder ?

and thanks a ton for the links!

Forge mods are client and server

Thanks to the launcher's custom zip and custom mods capability it's very easy (once you get your head around it)

okay i had found a video walkthrough for the launchers custom zip but i've somehow managed to lose the link...

only question i have is, i understand the structure, but can i include the minecraft.jar in the zip as well and it'll include it in the custom update through the launcher ?

basically, installed mo creatures mod, and it has a GUI that needs to be dumped into the jar file itself, its up and running on the server w/o issue, but i need to get the jar update to my friends who play with me and trying to find the best route to do that.