Multiverse alternative?

Odai

Does multiverse not? I thought it was one of the ones that worked for it. Take a look here for a list of plugins that should work: http://forums.technicpack.net/threads/bukkitforge-getting-bukkit-plugins-on-tekkit-lite.34804/page-8#post-297739

Here's a direct link to the version I'm using:

http://ci.onarandombox.com/view/Multiverse/job/Multiverse-Core/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/Multiverse-Core-2.5.jar

In the event you're not too fond of the direct link:http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/edit-misc-tp-fun-multiverse-2-3-world-management-bukkitdev.3707/

Look for Multiverse Core 2.5 (I've yet to try Multiverse Portals, but that'll allow you to transfer. Also, as a side note: last I saw they were advising that Multiverse with BukkitForge doesn't have the ability to create new worlds, you can only tp back and forth)

jeah well its not working, you cant create worlds or import them, multiverse is not working with all the forgebukkit builds i tried so far (the list is pretty useless they just seem to test if the plugin is loading and not if the commands are working)

If you want to generate worlds Tekkit Classic has support for all Bukkit plugins, and no world generation differences except MFR rubber trees which are replaceable with IC2 ones and might be disabled anyway. You can then import the worlds with Multiverse on BukkitForge.

Another solution would be to use Mystcraft books to get between worlds but restrict making books that link to new ages. This will probably leave you with lots of junk ages, so it might not be as good a solution.

jeah well its not working, you cant create worlds or import them, multiverse is not working with all the forgebukkit builds i tried so far (the list is pretty useless they just seem to test if the plugin is loading and not if the commands are working)

Have you been following the updates to BukkitForge, though? It's come a long way. Current version build is 30

@planetguy: well i dont want to use tekkit classic anymore im bored of it because i used it like... well for far to long :P

the mythcraft idear sounds interesting, I will give that a try.

@ charles: yes allready on 30 since yesterday and tested many versions o.o

It depends on what you intend to use Multiverse for, I guess. If you're using it to just create new worlds then MystCraft is the perfect mod for you and it's already installed (although extremely resource intensive), but if you intend to use it to bring worlds in, you need to follow a certain method in order to properly import a world as an age and have it looking anything like you remember it.

Yeah, I can't get the import/load features to work either. It just returns "FAILED" and informs me it doesn't exist.

yes wanted to use multiverse for creating other worlds and let people play on their own world with friends, mainly to give them all the freedom and not bother about grief prevention.

and multiverse without creating/importing/teleporting is pretty useless ^^

I'll try that Mystcraft stuff tomorrow and see if i can get any results from that

Well like planetguy said: restrict agebooks. Unless you're running an absolute beast of a machine to host the server, it's quite the lag generator. The next update is supposed to get rid of a large amount of lag as well as completely change how you write ages, although that ultimately makes learning the age writing system at this point pretty much useless.

• 2 weeks later...