Custom Zip not actually adding mods

Sisho88

Alright so possibly I'm doing something wrong but I'm sure I followed all the steps in the video exactly and the mods I'm adding aren't showing up in my mod list when I log in.

I have my two folders /mods and /coremods

In my /mods folder I have all the files that you would typically have in the mods folder for Mo'Creatures, Millenaire and Thaumcraft, the same ones I would have in the mod folder if I manually install them pretty much. Then in the /coremods I have the GuiAPI I need for Mo'Creatures. I highlight the mods and coremods folders and then hit the Add to Archive... After that I name it whatever, and I even make sure to change it from .rar to .zip since the person in the video does the same thing and I tried it both ways to be sure anyway. From there I put it on the dropbox and let it upload, then I grab the link, open my Technic Launcher and select Tekkit lite, go into my options and add the custom zip url, then hit clear cache and let it download everything. It never shows that it is downloading the custom zip that I've noticed and when the game loads up it doesn't show any of the mods at all.

Am I doing something wrong here? I was pretty sure I had everything correct but if anybody has some ideas one why this isn't working I'd appreciate it.

Yeah I uploaded it to both dropbox and mediafire, both of which allow me to download it no problem. I also tried a couple of other people's custom zips that I had found and they worked just fine so it has to be something to do with when I'm making or uploading mine.

I don't get the option to grab public link, only share. When I do that, it doesn't take me to a direct download site. Help?

This is the link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ukpp7fcrcozbbi1/YAoIIfBO0r

EDIT: When I finish downloading, it says 'Extracting custom mod files 0%' and then starts up a vanilla client.

EDIT: I compiled it all into the last file on the list, and it looked like it was working. When I opened it up, still vanilla. I finally got the link right though. It's https://dl.dropbox.com/u/137741845/Package/Package.zip

I'm having the same issue. I've set things up properly and used several very-definately direct links and it wont load. Slapping the mods right in the tekkit lite folders works fine, but I'd rather use this feature if it's there.

Edit: The mods seem to load fine on a fresh custom pack, so maybe it's a conflict ofsomekind.

I'm having the same issue. I've set things up properly and used several very-definately direct links and it wont load. Slapping the mods right in the tekkit lite folders works fine, but I'd rather use this feature if it's there.

Edit: The mods seem to load fine on a fresh custom pack, so maybe it's a conflict ofsomekind.

clear your cache after setting up your custom pack. it won't download otherwise, IIRC.

I haven't tested it yet but I do think you're right because both the mediafire and dropbox links only take me to the download screen. I'll try this in a bit and see if it works, thanks!

Edit: Yup that totally did it. Now it will be so much easier for my friends to come play with me without having to manually install everything lol. Thanks a lot!

It does not need to be in a public folder. Just right click the "Download" button on the page it send you too and "Copy Link Location..."

That is the URL/Link you need to paste into the launcher.

Or just change the www in the address for the download page to dl

www.dropbox.com/s/blahblahblah/mymodpack.zip should be changed to

dl.dropbox.com/s/blahblahblah/mymodpack.zip

It does not need to be in a public folder. Just right click the "Download" button on the page it send you too and "Copy Link Location..."

Usually that link either only works once, or only works for people who have access to that folder (Shared folder). Or it's not a direct link.

That's what the last link is. It said it downloaded it, but loaded up a vanilla client.