Red power cell / Quarry / Energy generation question.

Danju

So I was looking for ways to generate energy without using a fuel source and came up with a possible solution that I want to try. It's probably not the most energy efficient way (if you know one better please let me know). I have a few questions before I spend my materials though, and I was hoping I could get some help.

I plan to make some solar panels / thermopiles and connect them to a blulectric engine which will then connect to a Red power cell.

If the red power cell fills up to max will it explode if energy keeps going into it? I know some IC2 batteries like the bat box won't but I couldn't find any info on the red power cells.

While doing some research I read somewhere that a Quarry can go up to 50MJ/t. I was under the impression that 2 combustion engines running on fuel was all you needed to hit max speed. Is this correct?

Any help in answering these question is greatly appreciated!

You could make a creative world and try to make the power cell explode.

Well, I read that the quarry can go up to 32 MJ/t, meaning that you'll need 8 Combustion engines to make it run at max speed. The quarry will mine then 2 blocks per second.

But I'm sure 2 combustions will make it go very fast too.

You could make a creative world and try to make the power cell explode.

Well, I read that the quarry can go up to 32 MJ/t, meaning that you'll need 8 Combustion engines to make it run at max speed. The quarry will mine then 2 blocks per second.

But I'm sure 2 combustions will make it go very fast too.

Actually the quarry will take up to 50MJ/t not just 32MJ/t.

If you are talking about Redstone energy cells, it will not explode if you try to pump more power into it that it will take. However, if you are using gold/stone conductive pipes, they will explode as you are pumping energy into them with nowhere for it to go. Using conduits would solve that problem.