Technic Launcher "Incorrect username field/password field combination

LegionAudio

When I open my Technic Launcher, it tells me to log in with a username and password. Ive created an account from the link provided under the name and password bars. I try using that information I registered with, but it says

"Incorrect username field/password field combination"

I even tried using the username and password I created for this forum.

I don't know where i would go to create this username and password.

Can someone please point me in the right direction or give me some type of response that will help?

I would be most grateful for any input.

Thank You!

I have a pirated copy of minecraft 1.4.7 When i click the logo to start the program, a loader opens that only requires a username to login to the game. Do I need to get a different copy of the game?

I just looked on startpage search engine, and I went to the minecraft site, what i see is a membership for $2 and some cents. Is it a membership for a game, or a web page.

I do thank you for the reply

Uh, Minecraft isn't two bucks.... you are on Minecraft.net, right? Minecraft costs ~$27, so I don't know what that is.

But you do REQUIRE a purchased minecraft subscription from Mojang to use the Technic launcher. You might have also noticed we don't take lightly to pirates, but I'll give you credit for being fairly polite at least. If you do purchase the game, let us know, eh?

They made Forge incompatible with cracked launchers?

Awesome. I like Forge even more now.

Yeah, I read that in the FAQ of the Mystcraft wiki. Not sure if it's true, but it's pretty awesome if it is.

Stop Using Forge Because It Is Not Compatible With Cracked Launchers

No.

Indeed it is. Thats the sort of stuff that keeps a community running well, by making it naturally incompatible with the illicit side of things. Makes me even more pleased about having paid for minecraft way back when, and honestly, I still feel like I've paid far to little for the amount of fun I've had out of the game.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Can anyone help me , ofcourse i have a mindcraft account , now i want to play tekkit , so i download the TechnicLauncher.exe (I have an windows xp computer).

then i start it and it is asking me for username and password(in the youtube tut. i see people don't have to do that ).

so i put in my username and password and then it says "an error occurred while attempting to reach Minecraft.net"

What is it that i do wrong???

• Moderators

Can anyone help me , ofcourse i have a mindcraft account , now i want to play tekkit , so i download the TechnicLauncher.exe (I have an windows xp computer).

then i start it and it is asking me for username and password(in the youtube tut. i see people don't have to do that ).

so i put in my username and password and then it says "an error occurred while attempting to reach Minecraft.net"

What is it that i do wrong???

You're not making a bug report, that's what you are doing wrong. Make a Bug Report.