No RedPower?

Weylin

RedPower adds so much in the way of redstone features, both functional and aesthetic, that I find it a bit of a shame that this isn't part of the pack by default. Not all parts, mind you, but the microblocks, redstone wiring, redstone logic wafers, wireless redstone, and computers.

This is a fairly recent mod pack, so I'm not sure what all they have planned.

Vanilla redstone just really takes away from the whole feel of the mod.

I mean, a bit of redstone dusted across the ground to activate a rail gun? Hilarious :D

It's not added because RedPower doesn't support UE, which is what Voltz is based on.

I don't even know how UE has any bearing at all on RedPower since it uses Bluetricity to power its machines, and I only had microblocks and redstone devices in mind, which have nothing to do with UE at all.

I could be mistaken, and if I am, tell me why. I just don't know what UE has to do with mod that doesn't even touch it.

I don't even know how UE has any bearing at all on RedPower since it uses Bluetricity to power its machines, and I only had microblocks and redstone devices in mind, which have nothing to do with UE at all.

I could be mistaken, and if I am, tell me why. I just don't know what UE has to do with mod that doesn't even touch it.

Exactly. RedPower doesn't even touch UE, which is why it's not included. It has its own energy system.

Why don't they just add red power without blutricity? It still has so many great things that are unrelated to electricity and would be so beneficial. The only reason I play tekkit over voltz is because of red power.

Add it yourself. If you want to play with friends, make custom zips and distribute among friends.

What Alex said is what I'm confused about.

They can just... not use bluetricity.

Micro blocks, Redstone chips, and Redstone wires

^these alone are sufficient to include in the pack, all the bluetricity machines would be redundant.

Those 3 things add soooo much to the game, and while I could maybe add it on my own for me and my friends, it just seems like it would be best for the mod pack to have it by default.

Don't see where it says the wiring is related to redstone. Looks more like changes to the existing electric wire to behave like red alloy wire does in red power.

Anyway it would be nice but I agree that the electric system is all over the place in packs like tekkit/technic. I doubt they could add red power without the bluetricity stuff since they are combined into one mod anyway. Would mean ripping up someone else's mod and using pieces of it in this pack and I doubt the maker of red power would appreciate that. ;)

Ehem, "The goal of this modpack is to create a universal electricity that all machines take, instead of having two or three scattered around,"

Redpower uses bluetricity, Not U.E. ergo, no Redpower,

If what you say is true, wouldn't they do away with the two different kinds of wire and only have one, seeing as the only difference between the two is crafting recipes? Maybe Eloraam could make RP machines compatible with EU like the machines in Mekanism. I would certainly lie to have things like computers, wires, frames, logic devices. I understand if they want to keep things more realistic with Assembly Line, just do away with the tubes and manipulators for this pack.

I've been trying to add red power into a custom zip for voltz, I was easily able to add it to my server but cant add it to my voltz itself. I made the public link with the mod folder and the config folder and I'm still having issues, my server is telling me I'm missing the mods. I'd love to ask this question on questions.technicpack.net but I literally have no idea on how to ask questions, there is only options to answer questions, very poorly designed webpage.

If what you say is true, wouldn't they do away with the two different kinds of wire and only have one, seeing as the only difference between the two is crafting recipes? Maybe Eloraam could make RP machines compatible with EU like the machines in Mekanism. I would certainly lie to have things like computers, wires, frames, logic devices. I understand if they want to keep things more realistic with Assembly Line, just do away with the tubes and manipulators for this pack.

When RP Compatibility comes out.... It would be cool to see all major power APIs supported.

I'm actually in favor of having all the mods settle on one type of power API, and having an agreed upon standard for what should cost what in energy, so you don't get inadvertent duplication exploits, or one mod being rendered pointless because another does it better and more cheaply.

Redpower is so useful that it should be in vanilla! I really hope that they are thinking of implementing it in some way. The only things that would hurt the realism of the mod are tubes and bluetricity, but why not leave that to the player to not use/remove from the server. Ive used energy cubes to power railcraft machines, why could an energy cube not be used in the exact same way for redpower? If modders are working on an alternative for logic gates then fair enough, but why put in all the effort when the perfect mod is right there? Dont even need to mention the value of microblocks! :P Has anyone found a reliable way to add redpower to their server? Until we get something better than dust.

Redpower is so useful that it should be in vanilla! I really hope that they are thinking of implementing it in some way. The only things that would hurt the realism of the mod are tubes and bluetricity, but why not leave that to the player to not use/remove from the server. Ive used energy cubes to power railcraft machines, why could an energy cube not be used in the exact same way for redpower? If modders are working on an alternative for logic gates then fair enough, but why put in all the effort when the perfect mod is right there? Dont even need to mention the value of microblocks! :P Has anyone found a reliable way to add redpower to their server? Until we get something better than dust.

They're not going to do that. Mojang isn't too keen on content-altering mods. The only things they ever integrated is Smooth Lighting, McRegion and some useless stuff. They wanted to include Optifine as well, but the author of Optifine refused. No idea why. I guess he really does care all that much about his adf.ly 0.005 pennies.

Doesn't metric count as a standard that was agreed on, at least for scientific work?

And we lost a mars rover about a decade ago to a single instance of an engineer not converting feet to meters when reading a blueprint.

Metric is the majority standard, but not universal.

And we lost a mars rover about a decade ago to a single instance of an engineer not converting feet to meters when reading a blueprint.

Metric is the majority standard, but not universal.

I was just thinking of that. See what happens when when you don't have universal standards? :P

They're not going to do that. Mojang isn't too keen on content-altering mods. The only things they ever integrated is Smooth Lighting, McRegion and some useless stuff. They wanted to include Optifine as well, but the author of Optifine refused. No idea why. I guess he really does care all that much about his adf.ly 0.005 pennies.

Piston's were originally a mod. Also, the recent changes to the dispenser are making it look pretty similar to a RP2 deployer. And let's not forget the hopper.

Piston's were originally a mod. Also, the recent changes to the dispenser are making it look pretty similar to a RP2 deployer. And let's not forget the hopper.

Pistons were like Mojang's own take on Pistons. More makeshift-y and no more sand waves.