Beat this beast 2400EU/t Reactor

All the info about the reactor is find in the video but that wont let me telling some extra info.

Except experimenting this reactor was totaly made in survival with 2 fails included (speaking of ''Boom" fails.

Building the reactor was the easy part, putting the redstone devices and inventing them was harder togheter with the computercraft setup wich isnt showed in this video.

Total time to build, came up with idea`s cost me about 1 year. You might think thats long but im counting the time to figure everything out wich includes tons of reactors. Besides that, completing this in 1 month is a no-life job where I didnt felt attracted to.

Hope you liked the vid, want a tutorial on like ''everything?" Ask me and if enough people wants to Ill might do a tutorial ( not promising anything )

Some screens:

GroteFoto-QHLUKMJI.jpg

GroteFoto-HHZJNMB6.jpg

GroteFoto-PMLZU6WI.jpg

GroteFoto-Y3UT8EPF.jpg

GroteFoto-8BXPONOY.jpgGroteFoto-84CA8HFB.jpg

GroteFoto-ASQ3GQPE.jpg

GroteFoto-DDRUOJVH.jpgGroteFoto-7AWXCRCX.jpg

GroteFoto-774MJIRF.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks pretty sweet surely that takes ages to cool down? i've found even with almost limitless ice adding capacity i cant have less than 7 ive in the reactor without the heat going haywire? i'm trying to get a less powerful autofeed setup [47 cells 7 ice] any tips on how to get a reliable method of knowing when the reactor needs changed? atm its kind of a 'wait till its at temp=0 then take all the ice out and reload' affair.

looks pretty sweet surely that takes ages to cool down? i've found even with almost limitless ice adding capacity i cant have less than 7 ive in the reactor without the heat going haywire?

From what I can tell he's pumping ice into a reactor coolant injector (part of MFFS). If you connect two of them to a reactor and get ice flowing into it at a sufficiently high rate, you can fill a reactor with uranium cells and it'll never go above heat 300. Though I figure I should warn that this won't work in the future due to the reactor mechanics overhaul.

I do have a question for NLBlackEagle, though. Any particular reason you're separating insulated wires of separate colors with covers? They don't normally connect to each other.

looks pretty sweet surely that takes ages to cool down? i've found even with almost limitless ice adding capacity i cant have less than 7 ive in the reactor without the heat going haywire? i'm trying to get a less powerful autofeed setup [47 cells 7 ice] any tips on how to get a reliable method of knowing when the reactor needs changed? atm its kind of a 'wait till its at temp=0 then take all the ice out and reload' affair.

Valkonx11 got it right, Im using the MFFS heat controller, pumping it full with ice which is quite an easy setup. (it takes like uhm 1 second to cooldown and got an infinite loop) Before this setup I had 7 ice in it and full automated. That was an tricky setup until I found about the MFFS heat controller (you need to have reactor forcefield projector on, otherwise the MFFS heat controller wont work) If you take a close look to the video you will see that im using the MFFS heat controller.

I can do mutliply tutorials on reactor designs but Ill come back to that in the reply on valkonX11

Ok. I have a couple of questions.

1. How long can it run for without overheating?

2. How long is cooldown?

3. Does the video show the setup of the reactor?

It can run uhm, for ever without overheating

cooldown is like 1 second

and the video does not really shows the setup of the reactor, just the end result. I could make a tut on that and other designs

From what I can tell he's pumping ice into a reactor coolant injector (part of MFFS). If you connect two of them to a reactor and get ice flowing into it at a sufficiently high rate, you can fill a reactor with uranium cells and it'll never go above heat 300. Though I figure I should warn that this won't work in the future due to the reactor mechanics overhaul.

I do have a question for NLBlackEagle, though. Any particular reason you're separating insulated wires of separate colors with covers? They don't normally connect to each other.

Totaly correct, I've set the Ice supply line timer on 0.400 which is the most efficient timer rate and got the reactor automaticly filled with full uranium cells, if their depleted an retriever pulls them out and drops those into lava so it wont become laggy over time.

And reactor mechanics overhaul? You mean upgrading to tekkit lite? Well my previous setup was more tricky then this. Same setup and also infinite loop (a computercraft program keeps the amount of ice on 448 which is 7 stacks of ice lined up on the side. Eventualy it will lose efficientcy because ice will be randomly put at the places where depleted uranium cells will be pulled out.

Another problem i was facing is that my HV-transformers keep blowing up in trying to find a solution to fix this (even when i had 2 hv transformers on it at startup they just blow up but with infinite loop I wont ever need to turn the reactor down without being worried it will blow up so that wont be a problem when its 100% infinite loop wich it is now)

I could redo a video and explain more with talking if you guys should really like (guess i will do that in creative by the way)

[Edit] Almosth forgot to mention, when all mfsu's are full now and extra mfus's in the future it will turn off and Ill need to manual restart the reactor (manual safety measure because when adding HV-Transformers they might blow up and I want to be there when this happens, Oh and it happend alot before! You dont want to know how many HV-transformers i've crafted. Godda make a factory on that!)

But thats not everything, I could even turn the manual switch on or off. It's off at the moment because I dont have HV transformers to take out the power (that transformer thingy in the video is a real meganism of blue lapiz energy crystals which charge up at the reactor in a mk3 bench which can take 3000+ eu/t because a HV can only take 2048eu/t. The laptron cystals will discharge at the transformer station into glass fibre cable. Should not lose eu/t but I assume it does anyway.

And reactor mechanics overhaul? You mean upgrading to tekkit lite?

IndustrialCraft's reactor mechanics were changed in the update to Minecraft 1.3.2. Several things were changed, the most notable change affecting reactor setups like this one being that ice and water buckets can no longer be used to cool reactors. However, thanks to the new mechanics, we can make reactors well over 2400 EU/t (Note: I'm not sure if this reactor overheats during a full cycle or not. So far in my experience it hasn't, though).

As for the HV transformers, have you tried connecting 2 transformers in parallel rather than in series (ie instead of reactor -> transformer -> transformer having 2 transformers attached directly to the reactor)? It should split the voltage between the two.

Awesome reactor: A word of advice, just edit your original post, don't make 3 seperate ones...

Oh, shure man :P Wanted to anwser everyone but ill do it next time in 1 post =P

@valkonX11

IndustrialCraft's reactor mechanics were changed in the update to Minecraft 1.3.2. Several things were changed, the most notable change affecting reactor setups like this one being that ice and water buckets can no longer be used to cool reactors. However, thanks to the new mechanics, we can make reactors well over 2400 EU/t (Note: I'm not sure if this reactor overheats during a full cycle or not. So far in my experience it hasn't, though).

As for the HV transformers, have you tried connecting 2 transformers in parallel rather than in series (ie instead of reactor -> transformer -> transformer having 2 transformers attached to the reactor)? It should split the voltage between the two.

Oh, tekkit lite or something like that (im playing tekkit classic so this update wont bother me at the moment. Im also using energy condensors to make uranium etc when we update I'll bee needing tons of quarries to get enough uranium cells haha, would be fun tough.

And for the new reactor thing, I will find out a way to get it maxed up somehow if there exist a way :)

And for the parralel HV setup, yes i tried Uhm, lets make an example! (give me a minute)

Well, here the basic HV-Transformer setup as I used to have it (still blows them up)

GroteFoto-RSLSESUV.jpg

And as you can see here input/output side`s are correct:

GroteFoto-H4IGSKRG.jpg

Oh wait ofcourse... It tried to give energy true the one dotted side connected to the top reactor chamber (godda test this out!)

Oh and..

The forcefield makes it impossibile to go around corners without cutting the insulated wires thats why I added those little cubes

It can run uhm, for ever without overheating

cooldown is like 1 second

and the video does not really shows the setup of the reactor, just the end result. I could make a tut on that and other designs

Yes, please. My friend loves his reactors, and I am sure he would love to make this one.

Oh wait ofcourse... It tried to give energy true the one dotted side connected to the top reactor chamber (godda test this out!)

Yeah, I figured as much. When I used about the same setup as you I used the reactor connector, which is also in MFFS, to simplify things a bit. Had my transformers connected to the connector and had the MFSU connected to them emit a signal when full (after using more than 1 MFSU, switched to the second MFSU, as that one seems to always be the last to be full) to turn off the reactor, since it conducts both EU and redstone signals.

@Guagadu, I will see what i could do, Might even put everything in (redwire meganisms, computercraft, cooling meganism, uranium factory.. Just everything) But im not promising anything =P

@ValkonX11

Oh, yea the mfsu redstone output is bugged so I use a eu detector cable for that, the only benefits I get with it is saving up uranium cells and ice XD But that will come in handy with the new tekkit =P

By tha way, just tried it (in creative for a sec) and it works indeed! just got a reading above 5000 eu/t.. like WOW!

[Edit] That shurely looks beastly

GroteFoto-JQOKYFUM.jpg

@Guagadu, I will see what i could do, Might even put everything in (redwire meganisms, computercraft, cooling meganism, uranium factory.. Just everything) But im not promising anything =P

@ValkonX11

Oh, yea the mfsu redstone output is bugged so I use a eu detector cable for that, the only benefits I get with it is saving up uranium cells and ice XD But that will come in handy with the new tekkit =P

By tha way, just tried it (in creative for a sec) and it works indeed! just got a reading above 5000 eu/t.. like WOW!

[Edit] That shurely looks beastly

GroteFoto-JQOKYFUM.jpg

You must surely be some sort of IC2 genius to find out this reactor.

beautiful.. patching up a reactor like that is not the hard part.. it's the programming of the computer craft that i love the most =]

i myself never made a reactor due to cheaper version of electricity.. what's better, 6 reactor chambers or 6-12 geothermal generators with unlimited lava supply? ;)

beautiful.. patching up a reactor like that is not the hard part.. it's the programming of the computer craft that i love the most =]

i myself never made a reactor due to cheaper version of electricity.. what's better, 6 reactor chambers or 6-12 geothermal generators with unlimited lava supply? ;)

Well, what sounds better? Geometral Generator Plant or Nuclear Reactor Plant, that why the first ''experimental'' thing in tekkit was a reactor and when I found out about more efficient ways of generating Eu the challenge took over wich has come to its end by now :)

if you're into the challenge... how about installing that reactor inside a flying contraption that work on frame-motors? ;)

Not possible with 6 chambers. 5 maybe and then you would not be able to get the EU/tick he's going for. Still, a good challenge that I myself will take up! We shall see who is the best nuclear engineer!

(That's right, I just challenged you Eagle!)

haha, im not that fond of frame motor airplanes, But how about packback-grief with an nuke reactor (because nukes theirself are banned) attatched to a frame machine moving over/in enemy faction ground? Or use fillers, builders outside the faction but their demolision, build ground over the enemy faction. Perfect way to get in to an enemy base and in case of forcefield? Just use tube forcefield to penetrate it :P

Got some knowledge about it because im running a server with a friend of me, godda know everyt extreme grief tool etc etc but much isnt banned because many dont have the knowledge, griefing isnt forbidden too because its impossibile to stop it for 100% But we got alot of measure's and plans which makes it all good

Oh, wanna take a tip from me build 10.000+ coordinates (underwater is best) without putting a forcefield or faction up. So even when somebody flies over they dont know you re beneath them and I got a system which detects players near my base :) Will explain it all in the tut

Not possible with 6 chambers. 5 maybe and then you would not be able to get the EU/tick he's going for. Still, a good challenge that I myself will take up! We shall see who is the best nuclear engineer!

(That's right, I just challenged you Eagle!)

Oh gosh, ok but with creative XD Uhm, never builded a frame airplane haha Hmm, wel lets see Oh wait! NooO!!!

BEAT THIS! Muhahaha!

(last part is HUGE frame made castle totaly hidden underground and comes up when pressing a button etc (Builded this in the first week of tekkit)

Oh, I didnt know that! Forcefield thingy, thanks for the info :) Still learning