[0.5.7] Tekkit-Lite [PvE] [40 slots] [24/7] [Essentials, GriefProtection] Explore! Build! Have Fun!

tmektmek

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TMEK theres a gllitvh going on get on server now I have infinite wire like wtf pls fix it

This problem seems to be related to IC2 wiring (and piping and Blutricity wiring) using 2 items at a time when placed. Having 1 wire and placing it gives you -1 wire.

Also now someone else seems to have corrupted their chunk and this time doesn't even have the common decency to know they've done it and try to help us figure out where. :/

tmek whitelist pls

Also @adavidso; The "Edit" button exists for a reason, stop double and triple posting pls.

EDIT: adavidso, in a hilarious twist of fate you're one of the people causing the crash, lol. Stop logging in for the time being.

EDIT2: Minedraulics is also crashing the server. He managed to give us coordinates. -938, -1444

I have also had the -1 wire problem, although I didn't understand what was going on until I read spaceagecaveman's description above. I added the "extra" wire to a stack in storage and saw it go down in number - now I get it.

I didn't have any problems when I was in earlier today, but if there is a weird wire fix to be made, you might want to look at my base also.

Cheers. - Brian (New_Equinus).

New

I have been meaning to come here and say that this has been a very good server thus far. Server owner and mods are responsive, attentive and do care about what is happening. The response to some bugs and glitches has been stellar so far in my opinion; timely and with good follow up. For the players who may be frustrated by a glitch that is currently stopping or impeding them, keep in mind that tmek has no actual obligation to fix it so please be patient and be thankful he is taking on the burden.

That being said I would be an advocate for a whitelist at this point as the signal to noise ratio seems to have gotten worse in recent days. The regulars on the server all have some good things going on and regularly will visit / check in on others to see how they are doing or what they have accomplished next. There is a good vibe, people are helpful. Just please if you are new, put in some effort before asking the same questions 100 times, or asking for essentially everything to be handed to you. Put in some effort and you will find there are a lot of people willing to help you along. Look for handouts and you will be waiting a while.

If you are new to tekkit, awesome, welcome aboard. Please check out some of the wikis to get a general sense of what you will need and then you will find help in game to tweak. Or do what quite a few of us do if you want to try something out, start a single player game and do the setup you want in creative to test before coming back. I have done this for a huge amount of energy transfers from Redpower to MJ or EU and for the Thermal Expansion Redstone Energy Cells. If you put in the effort I think you will find a lot of support on the server. If people stop answering your questions or ignore you when you keep asking for "3 more copper" (p.s. go mine) it's because you aren't doing the above.

That being said I would be an advocate for a whitelist...

Let me just stop you right there and say that, in my opinion, having a whitelist is more of a deterrent than a helpful move. The reason why people, myself included, decide to play on this server is because it's a small and public server. Whitelisting just doesn't create the friendly atmosphere that this server has.

Also, again, in my opinion, a server also has to show me why I should bother playing on it. If I have to ask to be whitelisted, I'll just look for a different server, which is probably not what the server admin has in mind.

well, everyone... it was not me who caused the crash, (thankfully), was anyone doing weird things with red-stone conductive tubes, and energy cells, that's how i corrupted my original chunk, just asking, and yes they are trying to fix the problem, hopefully soon. if it takes a little bit, ill just wait, its worth it.

Go cry me a river. We wouldn't be pointing fingers at some random person just because we felt like it, but rather because we observed the server began to lag massively as soon as a certain individual logs in to a server. What's worse is that we politely asked you to leave, but you refused, making all of us suffer. So, before complaining, realize that we are not the only ones at fault and that you are not as innocent as you think you are.

64Ninja I think its not your fault that we keep crashing and lagging even though it probaly is you I don't think you are trying to do this on purpose

-Xgamer5369

I don't think anyone thinks he's doing it on purpose, but there's also the aspect of 'the server seems to be crashing when I get on and people seem to be confirming that to me, maybe I should take a break and not overreact and cry on the forums about it'.

Also I agree with Farvin that the signal-to-noise ratio is becoming.. well.. miserable at certain times of the day and definitely support a whitelist. While it does discourage new-new Tekkit players I feel like it's pretty common in a pack like this with so many ways to bugger things up if you don't know what you're doing reasonably well. I mean it's the 2nd time in a week that the server has been severely crippled by someone's cock-up. Might also cut down on all the newbies crying 'Griefer'. (Or they could just lrn2claim, but that's a whole 'nother mamajam)

I would disagree with wyjkk that having a whitelist 'doesn't create [a] friendly atmosphere' as that depends more on the quality of people playing rather than the quantity.

At the end of the day it's all up to tmek to fix all our cock-ups and clean up all the messes and he's a great guy and admin for putting up with all the shit and actively trying to fix things. He's just one man for crying out loud. D:

hey ninja, if your still going to play after the server problems,ill let you join me, if you only reply to the forms if it relevant to the problem, or you have info on what is happening, and i can trust you. have a nice day. :)

Another thing: this site is not to complain about people, and if they decided to refuse allowing you to join them, its to help severe problems, and have helpful conversations.

There are a number of players using the plasma cannon on the power tool for PvP. I just made some power tools so I would hate to have them banned, but I find PvP unpleasant and it does not seem to be the flavour the server is aiming for.

It hasn't affected me yet, what do others think of this?

Announcements

• Anything claiming to be official Technic servers are not allowed here, for obvious reasons