Sign in to follow this  
Generictag

Please Delete, Server changed.

Server Is updated to 0.6.5, Please allow your clients to update so you can connect. Let me know if any issues arise from the update.

Hi my nick name on the server is bacon I have been on this server for nearly 4 months I think this server I very well put out and the chest shop add has been awesome. I have been a vet for 4 weeks now and I think I have a lot to offer I would love to become a mod. I go on this server at least once a day I have been helping all the newbies out when they join ever since I was a member and have carried on to do so. please consider my ask.

To generictag

hi the mods I know about are practically industrial, build, EE3 and a bit of computer craft.

I play on the server every day and love helping the newbies out when they join.

I have been a co owner for one server before(it was a tekkit classic one) but it went down and hasent come back up.

that's all

I understand that having more people on the server is good, but whatever setup you currently have is not sufficient to maintain the current number of players. The lag is getting unbearable. There are crashes far too often. I liked the server better two weeks ago before the big spike in players. Just putting my opinion out there. I'm not planning on leaving the server. I like the way you have things set up as well as the community, its just getting harder to play.

I have observed that the server starts to lag about 1-2 hours from this moment, and some hours after this. there is not more players now, then 3 or 4 hours ago, so it might be a player spamming the server.

Or a player abusing the server.

is anybody else not able to get onto the server everytime i try it says connection timed out

edit:as soon as i tried again after posting this it let me on sorry

Everyone interested in Generic-lands future, here is your chance to help decide what happens. I have been looking into Tekkit and have decided to open talks with my players on if we want to move to the new platform or not. The new tekkit has lost RP2 and IC2 but thermal expansion and other mods take up alot of the slack. The biggest downside is the loss of RP2 machines that really made it easy to make automated factories (in my opinion) and the wiring. We gain with the new tekkit Galacticraft, allowing us to have new worlds to explore and new mods to play with. Also we gain the new features of 1.5 Minecraft and the updates to the many mods in both packs.

Note to those who vote for new tekkit. The world will be reset, and you will not get to keep items. You will however be granted in game currency that will can be spend on raw materials from all off the mods and vanilla minecraft. The break down would be Members get around 50k Vets 150K. The price of Iron ore would be about 50 per ore sold in stacks of 8 for 400. All of my other prices are based around that exchange. Additionally, Claimblocks would carry over. So all the claim blocks you have earned will carry over.

Finally plugin support. If we do change to tekkit, I will be adding in Log-block or a similar logger to keep track of the server in addition to GP. Other plug-ins will be considered and suggestions are welcome.

So please let me know if you want to move over to tekkit or stay in lite. Ask any questions you might have here or in privet messages if you want.

Hey Generic

I like tekkit lite. I think the lack of RP2 and IC2 is a big loss, because they are some of my favorite mods.

If we stay in tekkit lite, the server as i understand it, will still be updated to 1.5 when tekkit lite i ready for it, and a new world will be generated, but maybe with the possibility to move stuff from the old world to the new world.

I vote tekkit lite, with the possibility to move stuff from the old world to a new world.

I have decided to change my vote to the new tekkit classic simply because I would like a world restart after the unfortunate demise of my hv solar array.

Also I believe the changes will bring about much new and creative ways of building and surviving, without IC2 and RP2. I am interested in seeing how people interact with the new technology

Seems like Tekkit Lite is winning. But i give my vote for the new Tekkit.

TE takes care of IC2 machines, not as fast but in a better and more advanced way. On the server now ive kinda raced for power and producing UU-matter and it actually feels a little overpowered and useless in the end, like ee2. I can create alot of materials but for what.

The only thing im gonna miss is frames from RP2 the rest is taken care of by other mods. But thats the only thing i guess.

I want as the Tekkit team move forward and i think they have made the right choice removing IC2 and RP2.

And i think a world reset would be good to. The fun in Tekkit is building and expanding and im at a point where i produce more uu-matter then i can use.

The new tekkit would be fun for exploring the moon, and moon bases. I will be sad to lose IC2 and RP2 for the frames, but I am interested in learning about the new mods that I am not familiar with. Over all, I would have to vote for the new tekkit. I just tried it... I really would be unhappy without ic2 and rp2. I was kinda in the middle, but now I feel more like lite. That said, I would really enjoy it if there was a world reset. I always love a new world :)

I'm new to the server, so my opinion may not be as valuable as those of you who have been here longer, but I'd personally prefer a tekkit lite server.

While this community seems like it could easily persist through the change, tekkit just isn't tekkit without things like IC2. Mods like IC2 do take longer to update, but I'd rather keep playing this modpack than go on without them, as in my opinion the newer versions of minecraft aren't even that worth going out of the way to incorporate. The addition of galaticraft seems sort of kitschy. The moon doesn't have much going on, it adds some challenge to going there, but no real reason to go there.

Tekkit lite just feels like a more holistic modpack than the current version of tekkit* with galaticraft, etc.