Sign in to follow this  
Generictag

Please Delete, Server changed.

Andarden here. As much as it pains me to say this, I'm gonna vote for the new Tekkit. Everything I know is about IC2 and RP2, but maybe its time to try something new.

I changed my mind. Im voting for tekkit lite. I spent some time playing with tekkit and It was not as much fun. Seems way more tedious to be able to get anything done.

Before you make the change, Generic, be sure to spend some time actually playing the new Tekkit. Be sure it is worth it.

Tekkit Lite FTW.

I would prefer Lite myself. Having played on the server for a week or two now and played some of the new Tekkit, especially experimenting with Galacticraft in creative mode, I have to say that I don't think the new Tekkit is really much of an improvement on Tekkit Lite. Slow as RP2 may be to update, I feel its machines are at least more interesting than BC and compatible systems when it comes to sorting and organizing factories and related setups, and while Thermal Expansion and MineFactory are excellent systems in themselves (the tesseracts and liquiducts/conduits along with all the autofarming and meat grinding machines are very good to have) I don't feel that they really take up the slack of RP2, so to say. Galacticraft also feels somewhat gimmicky - not necessarily in its execution but more in its inclusion in its current state. There isn't much to do on the moon except build bases (can do that already), mine some new minerals and stare at even more endlessly samey terrain than the Overworld.

For those who tried the new Tekkit and dont like it i assume you havent played it that much. You have to think a little different in the beginning but most people seem to enjoy it more without the ic2 machines and power. Feels more like minecraft.

Wouldn't the moon cause server lag? I mean two whole worlds that have to be loaded...

Edit: Having said that, its really a matter of opinion between tekkit lite, and the new tekkit. I honestly don't care and would have fun either way, but if I had to choose, I am leaning more towards lite.

Edit again :P I got more into the new tekkit... Looks cooler than I thought at first. Has most of the mods that lite had. I like the idea of new tekkit, getting away from the easy, overpowered mod that is: IC2

My final-final-final descision: The new Tekkit

For those who tried the new Tekkit and dont like it i assume you havent played it that much. You have to think a little different in the beginning but most people seem to enjoy it more without the ic2 machines and power. Feels more like minecraft.

Edit again :P I got more into the new tekkit... Looks cooler than I thought at first. Has most of the mods that lite had. I like the idea of new tekkit, getting away from the easy, overpowered mod that is: IC2

That's really half of the problem. Minecraft is hardly what I would call a "game" in the traditional sense. It's more of a "grind simulator" to get enough materials to build whatever you wanted to in the first place. More of a constructive toybox. Here's what the "feel" of regular minecraft is for me:

Dig. Dig some more. Dig again. Eat. Dig some more. Build a little. Build a crafting table. Build a smelter. Build a few other things. Realize, after building one of those other things, that you still don't have nearly enough crap to build them all. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Dig. Surface to find food. Spend 20 minutes finding food. Eat. Smelt some more. Wait half an hour for everything you loaded in to smelt. Go digging some more because there's nothing else to do except kill some boring monsters or OCD-ly monitor your smelter for progress. Rinse and repeat.

And that's really it. There's no world to enjoy, no flowers to smell, no characters to like, no interesting fights to be had, no funny physics bugs to observe. Minecraft is a dead world until you start building in it. I'm not saying you should just be able to forego survival mode entirely, but christ, I'd been playing for 24 hours before I got a full quantum suit - even if it is rather OP from a combat standpoint (which it is), that's more playtime than I squeeze out of most actual games!

Industrialcraft removes most of the tedium of this because I no longer have to sit there waiting for a long time just to find some ores, smelt them with advanced machines, and build something I want to make. Learning new things is very nice and all, but the thing is that most of these mods are already there in Tekkit Lite anyway. I was already learning Thermal Expansion and Minefactory and Steve's Carts and Buildcraft in Tekkit Lite to begin with. I see no point in changing now just because some people don't like to use IC2 when they already have the choice not to and they're barely negatively affected by other peoples' ability to build up that fast because this isn't a PVP server. Am I judging Tekkit prematurely? Maybe. But you're going to have to give me a better reason to go deeper than "I assume you didn't play enough because most people seem to like it because it feels more like minecraft."

Going with some of what Thermo's saying,

a lot of us don't want to play Minecraft, that's why we're playing tekkit, whichever the iteration. Tekkit lite, while it may still not have traditional set goals like an FPS or an RPG, takes away a lot of the negative aspects from Minecraft and allows people to focus more on building, etc. In Tekkit complication is fine and good, and different machines may accomplish that in the same way, but if it's more like Minecraft than what we're doing now, I know some people won't be as interested.

I've got a question to mods/admins. I'd like to be ranked as a member but I can't catch any of you guys online. Could you rank me? Cause I'd really like to build some machines :)

I think tekkit lite should stay as the servers mod pack because I was on the old server and quite disappointed when it was replaced so I think this server should stay as it is ... Great

Also on the current server I would like to start a company of Eco warriors we will plant trees grow crops use green power and much more. Talk to me if you wish to help my IGN is Dragon7374

Thermo, I feel the same way. I still kind of like the idea of a new modpack. Either way, I'm definitely for world reset.

Help everytime i log on my tekkit lite crashes is there anyway you can get rid of an item i found in my inventory that i think is causing this

edit: it is in the 3rd spot of my hotbar

Thanks to everyone who commented on the debate of Tekkit vs. Tekkit Lite, and Tekkit Lite is going to stay the modpack of choice. I will be preforming a server restart possibly this weekend to allow everyone to start on a new fresh world that will have all the protections of established server from the beginning. Generic-Land has had many phases of growth, and I believe we have reached a time to start anew.

When I started this server, I did not have addons like permissions and essentials, It was fine for the first few players. As the server grew and gained even more players cracks started to show and changes had to be made. To date I have added in Grief prevention and tekkit customizer to prevent people from owning destructive items and blowing up your hard earned loot. Permissions was added into allow the players that are regular, helpful, players to gain access to some of those items deemed to destructive to be allowed to all. And finally, we added a few players to "staff" positions, charged with protecting the land and fixing issues as they arise.

But we come to now... The land grow stagnant, spawn is crowed with buildings and decorations. the outer lands of the world unpopulated. And it has been brought up that there is not any ocean biome in the server either. I have a vision for a new world.

Changed to current practice:

• Spawn will be off limits to build in, unless granted special permission. I want to keep spawn clean and maintained with a few server shops and info rooms. Will be about 1k x 1k no build zone.
  • Warps will no longer be listed for the general public to see using the /warps command. Public warps to different Biomes or points of interest will be listed in a spawn building. This allows you to use warps for fairly safe movement with out letting others use them to find your treasure. You can have a warp added by taking to a mod/admin
  • Minor changes to the banned list and restricted list. Possible un banning of D. Doors and CC turtles.
  • World will incress in size to 10km x 10km. This should include all biomes and will be set to "large Biomes" in the server settings.

New To the server

• Log Block type plug in, Allowing for better practices for those time when someone managed to break protection.
  • New Donate-er rank will be added in and given special, but not broken, perks. May include a personal Myst craft age for a limited time or other benefit. Talk to generic about perks. All donations go straight to Server costs. Nothing is put into my pocket.

I'm sure I will have forgotten something important so Check back to this post over the next few days for updates. And please leave me comments and concerns here or in a personal message.

Sounds sweet Generic. And i realy realy hope you add in the D. Doors again.

When it get reseted will everyone start from scratch or will you be given some money or stuff depending on playtime/rank? Or even maby move over stuff from the current world?

Anyway... I realy looking forward to a new world.

You havent tought of adding more mods? like thaumcraft or forestry?

...World will increase in size to 10km x 10km....

I might be mistaken, but isn't the world already this size?

In any case, the changes sound awesome. I am also curious if we can transfer anything from the current world, such as items, money, rank, claimsize etc.

The statement about warp points seemed a bit ambiguous. Can we still make private warps whenever we want?

WHILE the server is down... lets point fingers at everyone! But me... because.. I defiantly.. dint.. crash the server. Anyway, anyone care to join me on the server Ventrilo? krypton.typefrag.com // 48121 // oicur12