Computer Purchasing

ALbrick12345

Hello, once again I request help on the Computer Purchasing Front.

I already created a form asking about what kind of FPS will my specs produce, but now there is a different matter, earlier on, funds for my new PC were rather tight, but now I have a little more to spend and there's a few things I'm wondering if I should splash out on.

I'd like to state, this computer will be used for several games, but the following questions are purely based on Tekkit performance.

Firstly, my new computer is going to have 16GB of ram, but, I'm having trouble deciding what type of ram, the choices are

16GB PC3-10666 1333MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 8GB sticks)

or

16GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 8GB sticks)

What I want to know is, will the second, more expensive one have any difference in FPS?

Secondly, looking at Graphics Cards, I once again have the choice between two

Chillblast NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 1024MB Graphics Card

or

Chillblast NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2048MB Graphics Card

Once again, will purchasing the second more powerful one increase FPS?

Finally, the processor, I'm trying to stay clear of overclocking, so once again down to two choices

Intel Core i5 3570K Processor 3.40 GHz (No Overclocking)

or

Intel Core i7 3770K Processor 3.50 GHz (No Overclocking)

Will the i7 make a difference in FPS?

Thank You For Your Time.

RAM will make neglible difference in FPS. I7 vs I5 is quite similar, at least in minecraft, and boils down to clock speed basically. The price difference is definitely not worth it. Also if you are not overclocking then getting the K versions over non-k is a waste of money.

Biggest performance difference will come from craphics card and for those two the latter one is roughly twice as fast. As a general principle for gaming PC you'll get a decently balanced system if you put about twice the money under GPU that you put under CPU.

The ram will not make much difference. The i7 will not give you significant increase over the i5 gaming wise. The video card however will. I suggest grabbing a EVA 660 Ti. 670 is the next step up after that one but is probably too expensive and the 660 ti is great. EVA makes the best GeForce cards atm.

Use the money you save from not getting the i7 and 16GB of ram to get yourself the 670.

And do not skimp out on your hard drive. Get an SSD as well for games like Skyrim or other big games where textures popping in and out can get annoying with cheap or slow hard drives.

These are all mistakes I made, related to gaming. But I do a lot of music, so I do in fact need the i7, a 2TB HDD and 32Gb of RAM.

My PC has 8GB of RAM and an i3 processor and it plays most games fine with or without music on full graphics most of the time, with the exception of a few games though.

I would get an i5 though. No sense in getting the one on its way out. The savings wouldn't be worth it. My i3 computer is starting to struggle. My i5 is a beast.