Underground mods

Industrial Miner

So right, everyone is playing their own modpack or just the standard Technic/Tekkit or even FTB. But there are waaay more mods that probably no one has ever heard of. Well, I look around for mods to add to my private pack and guess what I've found lately...

Applied Energetics: This mod is similar to Logistics Pipes and works great with other mods too. You store items inside storage cells as data and you need to make a ME network with this mod. You can request items (wirelessly), automatically craft, add chests to your network, automate ore processing and all kinds of stuff. The special about this mod is that it requires IC2 EU's or BC MJ's to power the ME network. Otherwise you can't acces anything in your network.

Another pro of this mod is the crafting. Whoever doesn't like huge walls of Automatic Crafting Tables making almost anything that they want, but costing so much space and resources? Well, you can make a 4x4x4 Automatic Crafting unit where you store recipes in and connect it to your network. Great, no?

It also works nicely with non-crafting-table recipes, such as Macerators, furnaces and compressors etc. You just need to use a different block for that, in which you put the recipe cards in.

So yeah, you'll surely like this mod if you like Logistics Pipes.

EDIT: Just post mods here that no one might have heard of. RP, BC, IC, RC, yeah, most packs have those already.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome looking mod and it even allows anyone to include it in mod packs with out all the permission non-sense. It may even be able to replace build craft or even red power in mod packs if paired with the right mods. For example a mod pack with this mod paired with thermal expansion and bunch of adventure/magic mods would be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you guys played with the Condensed Blocks Mod ? It adds storage blocks for storing many vanilla and mod based items.

Here's an example from the MCF...

Condensing StoneBlocks:

9xStone=1xCondensedStone

9xCondensedStone=1xSuperCondensedStone

9xSuperCondensedStone=1xExtremeCondensedStone

ExtremeCondensedStone is stackable to 64.

9*9*9*64= 46656 in one Slot!

A double chest filled with Extreme condensed stone:

6 Rows with 9 Slots and 64 ExtremeCondensedStone

6*9*46656= 2519424 Stones!!!

Condensing Sugarcane:

All condensed Items have an extra step.The Block Step!

9*9*9*64= 419904 in one Slot!!!

6 Rows with 9 Slots and 64 ExtremeCondensedSugarcane

6*9*419904= 22674816 Sugarcane!!!

It also allows many fuels to be used in their condensed/supercondensed/extremecondensed forms, so you don't need to unpack to use them.

And if your sorting/autocrafting system already has a packaging/unpackaging component, it's very easy to use the highly condensed form of items for storage.

It currently has condensed block forms for 52 vanilla items and 43 mod items.

And some people think Iron Chests is OP...

In all the time I've had the mod I haven't used the charcoal->coalblock->diamond/diamondblock cycle for any diamonds. By the time I get around to setting up the autosort/packager system I have mats coming in from multiple quarries.

The condensed blocks are great for forestry farms and hives that eventually produce a lot of stuff. My autocrafting system can handle most blocking/unblocking needs for crafting and requests.

' date=' post: 330781, member: 98824"']I've just found the Dimensional Doors mod, and while it is ridiculously op, one cannot help but love the pocket dimensions

Last I heard that may be making its way into Tekkit lite soon and sounds like a awesome mod.

' date=' post: 330781, member: 98824"']I've just found the Dimensional Doors mod, and while it is ridiculously op, one cannot help but love the pocket dimensions

Yeah, the mod seems pretty OP in a sense, but I don't know what these pocket dimensions would be useful for.

Radical Larry would love this, though.

So I heard this is coming to Technic Pack. That is awesome.

I played around a bit with the mod, but I honestly don't see a lot of use in it. It's basically a door you can place somewhere to get an extra, completely empty room.

But I guess Mystcraft kinda spoiled me. I see a lot more use in Mystcraft's pocket worlds which you can manipulate to a pretty large extent.

I played around a bit with the mod, but I honestly don't see a lot of use in it. It's basically a door you can place somewhere to get an extra, completely empty room.

Yes, you get an empty room, but you can link doors too (ie. free teleporters).

Its not a big mod, but I don't think it needs to be any bigger - it has great usefulness in relation to its size.

Or a TARDIS.

Exactly! - All around you world little boxes made out of blue wool panels with a flashing cage lamp on top, all opening into one pocket dimension.

I do believe this thread should be motivation for someone to make a Hipster pack. All underground mods no one has heard of yet.

You know what, I think I will, though it likely won't be called that. Really, I want to make a modpack that doesn't just throw a bunch of extremely popular and expansive mods together, but one that adds a lot of little details that make the game worth playing for months on end.

Besides, the mods in this thread look amazing, and are as good a starting place as any.

You know what, I think I will, though it likely won't be called that. Really, I want to make a modpack that doesn't just throw a bunch of extremely popular and expansive mods together, but one that adds a lot of little details that make the game worth playing for months on end.

Besides, the mods in this thread look amazing, and are as good a starting place as any.

It's already been done, it's even on the front page of the site! It's called Roots.

' date=' post: 332180, member: 98824"']Yes, you get an empty room, but you can link doors too (ie. free teleporters).

I still don't see the point in going through a dimensional door+loading screen twice, just to teleport. Mystcraft is better suited for this.