Why do server owners ban collectors?

YOUDIE411

Considering how a collector flower Click for Image can produce 588/sec FOR FREE!!! it's just a wee bit OP

Now granted that took 9,766,667 creepers EMC to assemble but hey, you don't have to build a MK3 flower right away, but say you do it will then only take about 4.6 hours for that MK3 to gather enough energy to build a second 1

Now you wait 2.3 hours and get a third

I think you see where this is going...

TL;DR > Collectors allow you to sit on your ass watching youtube vids and still make gem armour

And before you say that it's not that easy to make 10 mil energy

3 people feeding me every resource they could did it in 6 hours, I paid them back by building a total of 6 flowers (3,528/sec) and used those flowers to build Dark, Red and eventually Gem armor as well as give them all the energy they needed for anything they felt like

Tekkit server owners have a hard time realising that with EE the economy of the game changes from DIAMONDS DIAMONDS DIAMONDS!! like it was in vanilla, to giving value to the items which have no EMC value. Then they usually go and give away red matter and thousands of econ, which can then buy plenty of those materials, for voting thereby completely reversing any effect removing collectors had on the economy...

People need to get over the fact that diamonds are worthless on an EE server and realise what having that amount of EMC does for tekkit as a whole, you cannot fully use mods like redpower, buildcraft, ic2 etc to their full potential without the ability to have the base materials readily at hand.

On the flip side, there is definitely a lag aspect to collectors which for servers which aren't hosted on very good pcs might propose a problem especially when people start creating large emc farms, which I outlined in another thread;

1 collector calls world.getTileEntity 12 times per tick

1 relay calls world.getTileEntity 12 times per receiveEnergy call, which is called by each collector

1 collector "flower" 18 collector / 5 relay setup calls getTileEntity 18*12 for the ticks, 25*12 for the receiveEnergy calls, and that's a best case scenario - some collectors send energy to more than one relay and so the receiveEnergy calls will be higher, then multiply that by the amount of flowers people make, and you have yourself a nice little lag hole...

Tekkit server owners have a hard time realising that with EE the economy of the game changes from DIAMONDS DIAMONDS DIAMONDS!! like it was in vanilla, to giving value to the items which have no EMC value. Then they usually go and give away red matter and thousands of econ, which can then buy plenty of those materials, for voting thereby completely reversing any effect removing collectors had on the economy...

People need to get over the fact that diamonds are worthless on an EE server and realise what having that amount of EMC does for tekkit as a whole, you cannot fully use mods like redpower, buildcraft, ic2 etc to their full potential without the ability to have the base materials readily at hand.

On the flip side, there is definitely a lag aspect to collectors which for servers which aren't hosted on very good pcs might propose a problem especially when people start creating large emc farms, which I outlined in another thread;

So it is impossible to get to late stages of mods without using EE? riiiiiiight.

So it is impossible to get to late stages of mods without using EE? riiiiiiight.

Where in my post did I say that? All I said was you cannot use the mods to their full potential without having a good supply of the base materials, which you can't. I didn't say EE is required for that, but I don't see anyone on a non-EE server making a factory to produce anything more than a basic low-level stuff like Ic2 machines. The most common use for redpower and buildcraft on a non-EE server is sorting items coming out of a quarry and that's it, yet on EE servers they are used to produce factories, machines and contraptions not even imagined by the creators and early users of the mods because without the materials to feed them no one bothers.

EE did more for this game than people give it credit for, it took it from being this boring game for house builders where you have to punch rocks all day to a game of endless possibilities where the only limit to the game is your own ingenuity, the only people who deny that are vanilla players who are too attached to their god damn diamonds.

Yes because EE gives you the ability to spawn every single item in the game, meaning all of them not just your precious vanilla diamonds and other emc items, with a single click... Forgot about that one...
it is creative mode, except you can only spawn base materials, and you are saying that EE transformed the game. you obviously have never played creative or the first version of EE.

Leave him. Lets just direct Jelato to the first PAINS match and we can all see this has already been addressed.

To put a cork on the OP's question: Collectors are banned by most server OP's because they make something out of nothing. This destroys server economy and so is frowned upon. Some servers (Anarchy) are fine with this as most their players are short term.

I have a server that just has a assembly line that ran on ee2 when the condensers dissapeared i had to spend 3 weeks updating the factory to run off a quarry and auto rubber machine

so far there are 7 auto rubber machines

57 quarrys ran of 64 hv solars over 12 stackes od X4 hv cable and 64 mfsu also 1 energy link it mines like mad.

You're confusing "Useful" with "Cheaty". Nobody has a problem with the fact that they were useful, Vincent, they just have a problem with the way that it basically meant free stuff. Useful? Yes. Spawning stuff in for free? Pretty much, yes. Once it's set up, they really did make stuff for free, and you can't deny that. That is the reason they are banned so much - it's not to inconvenience you, it's to prevent people just creating stuff for free.