An Obsidian Plate 1.1

CanVox

Hello! I have a mod pack I'm putting together and wanted to add the Obsidiplates mod, but saw that it was made for FTB. Talking in the Technic channel, someone pointed out that it'd be easier to make my own Obsidian Plate mod than try to get permissions, and they were right. Someone posted half of the mod to show how easy it was and I finished and made the other half just now, but I can't remember who did it so I stole all the credit. Post here if it was you and I guess I'll put your name on it!

For those who don't know, this mod adds a new pressure plate recipe made out of obsidian that can only be triggered by players. It's not a big deal, but nice to have around.

If you are making a modpack and want to use this mod, just use it, you don't have to ask me at all, that's the whole reason this mod exists. It'd be cool if you linked to this page and put down Slinky as the creator (and the other person if they ever turn up).

Okay, here's the download (Mod version 1.1, for MC 1.51): http://www.mediafire.com/?d3fz0ewo4fnfy59

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In minecraft 1.5, forge introduced "SRG Obfuscation" which is intended to allow the same mod to work across multiple versions despite obfuscation changes. My testing indicated that the above version of AOP works in 1.51, but please let me know if that is not the case for you.

• 1 month later...

Talking in the Technic channel, someone pointed out that it'd be easier to make my own Obsidian Plate mod than try to get permissions

Hi, I'm the author of ObsidiPlates. ;] That person was completely and totally wrong. :P

As much as I appreciate it when people ask, the license I use already allows anyone to use my existing mods - without asking - so long as they a) give full credit, B) don't make money from them and, c) don't screw with my code. ;]

...but saw that it was made for FTB.

Eh. My post so happens to be on the FTB forum, Jade was the person who initially asked for the pressure plate and FTB was the first pack to specifically ask for permission to distribute. That's where the limitation ends, as I in no way restrict anyone else from using any of my mods (besides the obvious license stuff). :]

I appreciate the effort you went to, to not trod on what you thought my license restricted but it really wasn't necessary. You should've just asked! ;]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...