Updating Tekkit Classic?

Chidori_O

Just out of curiosity, not trying to flame or anything and I'm pretty sure this is the right forum, but is Tekkit Classic still being updated? Or is Tekkit Lite the most updated one? I wouldn't mind if it Tekkit Classic wasn't being updated but I'd like if it was. Also, Tekkit Classic has EE2 which I like a lot.

Just wondering. I'm not asking when it'll be updated, just if.

Yes, Tekkit Lite is the most recent version for minecraft 1.4.7. Tekkit Classic has been put on hold until the ForgeBukkit project is revived, or a replacement crops up. Unfortunately, in either case, EE2 will not be updated. The author is working on the next iteration of the mod, called EE3, for minecraft 1.4.7. EE2 is only for minecraft 1.2.5, and is not likely to be updated.

I'm fine with EE2 not being updated though as long as Tekkit Classic is going to be updated (like, new mods, or updated mods etc.) then I'm good. Thank you WarpSpeed for the information. I found this online myself but I didn't really trust my information. You managed to confirm though so it's all fine.

Back in January, they posted this on their Facebook page regarding Tekkit 4:

We're currently working with the fine people at MinecraftPortCentral to come up with a solution to making current versions of Forge and Bukkit work together. There are some really interesting projects that are coming to fruition so we'll hopefully have some good news in the near future.

Or you can take advantage of the new custom modpack feature to play minecraft the way YOU want, and not have to worry about when the next major update is coming.

I'ma be honest, I have no idea what that is so I never actually touched it :D

Care to explain how it works because frankly, I have no idea what it is.

It allows you to easily play hundreds of different modpacks people have compiled, or to create your own and share it with your friends. More information can be found on the home page, or at http://www.technicpack.net/article/view/introducing-the-technic-platform.6

And the list of custom modpacks is here. Remember, yours will only show up to the public if it isn't hidden.

http://www.technicpack.net/modpack/list

• 4 months later...

So guys, how do you actually update tekkit classic because i'm still on the version that you get from downloading it say's "You are 9 updates behind" and I don't know how to update it.

You don't. Tekkit classic will never be updated.