Was/Is there a favorite PS2 game of yours?

_Anjou_

Hello fellas. I'm just a bit curious about your opinions about Playstation 2 games. I've been gaming on my NES, SNES, N64, NGamecube, Sega Genesis, XBox, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and Colour, Playstation 1, 2 and 3 and many other consoles and handhelds (yes, I am a girl who is playing video games, especially "old" ones, on most of her spare time), but I'm running out of games to play, even if that sounds impossible.

I've fell in love with PS2 (don't know why), and I wonder if there are any PS2 games that feels special to you, or one that you just like, or just some game that you would recommend to me. I'd love any good adventure/action/horror game.

Thank you for being interesting :)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's not action or adventure, but it is horror, a bit.

My absolute favorite has always been Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. It's a turn based JRPG, but it's pretty far from the standard fare in that regard. It's kinda like pokemon on a combination of steroids and acid.

It manages to avoid a lot of RPG tropes, as well. the combat system, while turn based, is a little more in depth than "i take my turn, then you take your turn" Each side has a number of "Press icons" determined by the number of characters on their side. Each press icon give you the ability to do one action, but critical hits, exploited weaknesses, and waiting only take up half of one icon. two icons are taken when you miss or hit an enemy with something they are resistant to. Your whole turn disappears if you hit them with something they reflect. Remaining half-icons can be used if they are full icons, except that they can't be split.

That means that if you plan properly, you can take 8 actions in one turn. And if you don't plan properly, you run the risk of giving away your entire turn.

EDIT: Oh, also, the game begins with the end of the universe, so there's that.

Mein Gott, you're not asking for much...

Hrm. WWE Smackdown vs Raw was hours of hilarious fun for my friends and I, especially with custom wrestlers like "Special Ed" and "Shazzy McNasty".

Of course the entire GTA trio sucked entire months of our lives away. Usually giggling like maniacs.

Aah, yes, the GTA trio is something you've got to remember. Ooh, those fun and violent hours of playing GTA behind my parents backs, while they thought I was playing Okami. GTA wasn't like Devil May Cry, where you had to go from mission to mission, without having something in between, in GTA, you could just walk around, bashing random people on the street, and simply not giving a flying duck about missions if you didn't want to do them.

I still occasionally get into the mood and start a new game of san andreas (on steam though, it's just easier). That one is just so completely epic.

The voice acting, the massive open world, the radio stations, wu zi mu, the first ever ability to swim... 5 has a huge set of shoes to fill since they're using the same location.

I still occasionally get into the mood and start a new game of san andreas (on steam though, it's just easier). That one is just so completely epic.

The voice acting, the massive open world, the radio stations, wu zi mu, the first ever ability to swim... 5 has a huge set of shoes to fill since they're using the same location.

I bought the whole GTA collection on Steam, and I'm not sure which game I should start playing first, but reading this it seems like San Andreas is the most fun I will have.

I bought the whole GTA collection on Steam, and I'm not sure which game I should start playing first, but reading this it seems like San Andreas is the most fun I will have.

Nononono, start with 1 and work your way up.

If you can't start with 1, atleast start with 3. If you don't, you'll never understand the cameos in SA.

Plus if you start with the best you'll never complete 3 or vice because you'll be yearning for the features SA has.

...atleast start with 3. If you don't, you'll never understand the cameos in SA. Plus if you start with the best you'll never complete 3 or vice because you'll be yearning for the features SA has.

I remember playing GTA3 on my PS2 when I was younger. Good times, although I don't think I ever got off the first island. Maybe I should go back to playing that.

Can't agree more. San Andreas is probably one of the best games I have for the PS2, together with Vexx, Silent Hill 3, Rayman 3 and Rayman Revolution.

I remember playing GTA3 on my PS2 when I was younger. Good times, although I don't think I ever got off the first island. Maybe I should go back to playing that.

Yeah, you should, it's an awesome game. I just love to drive around the area with police cars and helicopters at the back of my heels, and just not giving a flying duck about anything.

Persona 4

I remember watching my friend play it and then i just had to get it. The music in the game is not that bad either

And persona 3 somewhat. It was pretty difficult, but i liked the storyline and the "Battle hymn of the soul" battle theme is probably my favorite boss battle music

For me, Final Fantasy X was my most favourite PS2 experience. I can't wait for the HD remake to arrive. The story was amazing, and the gameplay very solid. Best Final Fantasy I've ever played.

Coming close in second place would be Ace Combat 5. Best game in the series, in my opinion.

Both of the Star Wars: Battlefront games.

That, and Ratchet and Clank: Deadlocked. Or any of the R&C games, really - but Deadlocked especially.

Those games have, in total, probably consumed about 2 years of my life.

I also have never and will never play Kingdom Hearts.

For me, Final Fantasy X was my most favourite PS2 experience. I can't wait for the HD remake to arrive. The story was amazing, and the gameplay very solid. Best Final Fantasy I've ever played.

Coming close in second place would be Ace Combat 5. Best game in the series, in my opinion.

unfortunately, there probably wont be an HD remake, mostly because of the laughing scene in luca. That scene turned off so many potential players it's not even funny.

I have only ever played Going Commando.
Up Your Arsenal was the best IMO. The robot butler was one of the best characters in video games for that whole decade.

Then you are missing out. Severly.

I'm just going to weigh in here and say that i hated Kingdom hearts. The idea of a crossover game was bad enough, but when they practically took a dump on established character personalities, it turned into a travesty. Couple that with clumsy gameplay in the first entry and you have a recipe for a "kiddy game" without enough substance for older gamers.

The website's in Dutch, but there's a video attached. Check it out.

I'm not seeing anything particularly compelling there. PCSX2 gives better visual performance than that on Final Fantasy X, via software smoothing and whatnot. That and the fact that the final fantasy team is very fond of talking about (and making small pieces of) HD remakes of previous games.