Was/Is there a favorite PS2 game of yours?

_Anjou_

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES. HANDS FUCKING DOWN

That too.

Essentially, if you see something that starts with Shin Megami Tensei, you can pretty much assume that it'll be fun.

EDIT: somebody just proved me wrong. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs the Soulless Army was, in fact, not very fun.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

unfortunately, there probably wont be an HD remake, mostly because of the laughing scene in luca. That scene turned off so many potential players it's not even funny.

Yeah, I remember that. I was so embarrassed and angry, that I just threw my controler at my screen in the middle of the scene, and hid my face in my hands.

unfortunately, there probably wont be an HD remake, mostly because of the laughing scene in luca. That scene turned off so many potential players it's not even funny.

There was a scene like that?

I completed the game a couple of times but never saw that. Either i have a fixed version or my brain just delete my memory of it the second the scene ended.

But yeah FFX was the best game only second to Person 4.

There was a scene like that?

I completed the game a couple of times but never saw that. Either i have a fixed version or my brain just delete my memory of it the second the scene ended.

But yeah FFX was the best game only second to Person 4.

HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA. HAA HAA HAA HAA HAA.

I don't get why people liked Persona 4 over persona 3. Seems to me that 3 let you connect to people on a much deeper level.

P3 is also just a more serious, dark, gritty, and mature game. In the opening cutscene it lets you metaphorically know that the world is full of plebeian death and you're outside of the glass box looking in. If a game has me thinking that much in the first 5 minutes, it's doing everything right.

I'm not seeing anything particularly compelling there. PCSX2 gives better visual performance than that on Final Fantasy X, via software smoothing and whatnot. That and the fact that the final fantasy team is very fond of talking about (and making small pieces of) HD remakes of previous games.

That was probably the Vita version they showed, in conjunction with the Vita price-drop announcement.

I'm pretty sure they didn't need to show a tech-demo, since the Vita's been out for a while now.

And I'm pretty sure they could have used something more relevant to (re-)spark interest in the Vita than something that will not ever release.

I'm confident that this project will see light, and it being worked on right now.

That was probably the Vita version they showed, in conjunction with the Vita price-drop announcement.

I'm pretty sure they didn't need to show a tech-demo, since the Vita's been out for a while now.

And I'm pretty sure they could have used something more relevant to (re-)spark interest in the Vita than something that will not ever release.

I'm confident that this project will see light, and it being worked on right now.

I dunno, i hope you're right, but my confidence in Square Enix is pretty low, and their track record for remakes is a whole lot of talk and pretty much no action.

I dunno, i hope you're right, but my confidence in Square Enix is pretty low, and their track record for remakes is a whole lot of talk and pretty much no action.

Time will tell.

If not... I'm going to have to see if I can find a PS2 and a memory card somewhere. I'm pretty sure I actually have the original game lying around somewhere. Just nothing to play it on.

Time will tell.

If not... I'm going to have to see if I can find a PS2 and a memory card somewhere. I'm pretty sure I actually have the original game lying around somewhere. Just nothing to play it on.

If you do have the legal opportunity, i'd suggest emulating FFX. The PCSX2 has a ton of software enhancements that make FFX look great compared to how it was on the PS2. That and the option to use things like save states, and debug codes can enhance enjoyment quite a bit.

Eh, that'd be an option.

But there are a load of PS2 games I loved that I'd love to play again, and I'd rather play it with a Dual Shock in my hands on my TV. ;)

I'm not saying that that doesn't have a certain appeal, but if your in north america, you probably missed out on the whole Dark Aeon thing, and you can get that via emulator too. Also, dual analog PC controllers are totally a thing, and they are awesome.

I'm not saying that that doesn't have a certain appeal, but if your in north america, you probably missed out on the whole Dark Aeon thing, and you can get that via emulator too. Also, dual analog PC controllers are totally a thing, and they are awesome.

Where can one find something like this?

Where can one find something like this?

Well, google PCSX2. It's totally legal to make a backup of a game you own, and play it on the computer. Technically you're supposed to have the hardware to back up your own PS2 firmware too.

As for a dual analog controllers for the PC, i have a nice cheap Logitech controller. I got it at best buy for $15 seven years ago, and it's worked fine for me since then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually named many of the colossi after gods/beasts just from their look/abilities.

For example, the lizard one in the tower I named Vulcan, a god of fire/thunder. In hindsight there could be a better one, but it stuck.