Minecraft 1.5 Update: Tekkit Lite?

Dr. Zuko

Hey guys, so Minecraft officially put out the new 1.5 update today; with this update there are some new blocks put into vanilla some of which are redstone. Now my question is when or even if Tekkit Lite will go forth and update to Vanilla 1.5?

OMFG, minecraft 1.5 has been out for like 6 hours, why hasn't every single mod author updated all of their stuff yet?!? This is totally unacceptable, everyone should be refunded and get gift cards and freebies and then the mod authors should immediately update to 1.5, and then 1.5.1 since that will be out in a couple of days, all while making everything compatible with other mods so the technic folks can put a pack together from these updated mods instantly.

Give 'em a week, THEN complain. Forge didn't need any major changes to its distro so any needed updates won't be a huge pain.

In fact, that's on my plate tonight, to look and see what LexManos and Co. have added to their newest Dev version.

Okay, it seems that I did break one of the rules before posting which is expecting an ETA but that is only 1/2 of my question so I do apologize for that. Now I am not demanding it be updated for those of you that rudely seemed to assume so (then again you may have interpreted my question in an odd fashion) and also I clearly stated "if" it will be even updated, considering (if I remember correctly) that Tekkit Classic has been on 1.2.5 this whole time (but then again I haven't played Tekkit Classic in a while...).

Being a developer I know how annoying it is to have people constantly asking for an ETA. However I am happy to tell them what I know e.g. "I have to do x before I can look at y and then it should be close to finished so maybe in z days, but could be even up to zzz days if it doesn't go smoothly"

It would be nice to just know where they stand with everything, feel free to shout at me now.

Being a developer I know how annoying it is to have people constantly asking for an ETA. However I am happy to tell them what I know e.g. "I have to do x before I can look at y and then it should be close to finished so maybe in z days, but could be even up to zzz days if it doesn't go smoothly"

It would be nice to just know where they stand with everything, feel free to shout at me now.

I will not shout because this makes perfect sense and it is enough of an explanation to be honest, I can assume the values of x and y if anything haha :P

I was just correlating Classic to Lite and was wondering if it will end up the same way.

I will not shout because this makes perfect sense and it is enough of an explanation to be honest, I can assume the values of x and y if anything haha :P

I was just correlating Classic to Lite and was wondering if it will end up the same way.

the time gap between the last update of classic and the release of lite has a lot less to do with minecraft updates and a lot more to do with a bunch of background stuff being abandoned. namely forgebukkit, the thing classic uses to have bukkit support and forge mods at the same time, stopped updating. that project has been essentially replaced now and lite exists so, while there still isn't an ETA it should be sooner than next year with any luck. as always, the pack is at the mercy of the mod authors and their rate of updates.

Really cool to see tekkit lite now already updated to 0.6.2! Really liking the new blocks in ic2 and redpower.

Go team platform! Awesome performance.

0.6.2 you say? i'm assuming that's a typo? latest dev build i'm seeing is 0.6.0 (which is missing modular powersuits for some odd reason, although the server download for 0.6.0 has the mod jar included).