Tekkit Update ?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

asking for an ETA on updates is not a good idea, just to let you know.

the answer never changes anyhow, as soon as the mods are all updated, the pack will update. currently, the mods are not updated and I have no idea what's going on with bukkit developlemt now seeing as how the dev team for it now works for mojang. basically, don't hold your breath.

Here's a link for the craftbukkit release.

I think it would be good to have a sticky about the upcoming release. Even if the devs didn't post in it at all, it would be good to have just one place for users to speculate about what it may or may not have.

This topic has a chance to be deleted, since the mods don't like people bugging them about the release, and there was a topic just like this yesterday.

Nightfury, what is that site you posted? It's not part of the bukkit site, so it's clearly not official. It looks to me like someone is trying to profit off of other people's mods by hosting them all on that site.

Edit: wow wow wow that's a lot of hate for this thread. I knew there would be some, but wow. I still think there should be a sticky about the upcoming release, so all this chatter would be there instead. By the way, you can't fix idiots by simply yelling at them.

But now there's a 1.2.5 due out very soon...

That's a big part of the problem, a 'stable' release is a constantly moving target and they need to find a nice, quiet point where you get good, stable versions of all of the mods for the same versions of the game, all of the APIs, and between the mods themselves for the 'bridge' mods. That often doesn't happen until Mojang stops releasing minor updates for a 1.X version, but that's hard to predict. For all we know, there could be a 1.2.6 in the next week or two, requiring new versions of mods and APIs again and delaying it even further.

It's not part of the bukkit site, so it's clearly not official. It looks to me like someone is trying to profit off of other people's mods by hosting them all on that site.

They have the permission from the mod's developers to port them to craftbukkit, since the mod devs just output vanilla versions. Without those, tekkit wont be possible or a hell of a work to bring them to bukkit

oh ok well it was worth asking no matter the answer least now i know when it is updated it will update the launcher automaticly

Oh, it's you again. So, wasting peoples time with questions that have already been asked repeatedly is worth it, but reading The Rules isn't?

Well if asking the only truly important question is arbitrarily forbidden then how about:

Is there a list of the current dependencies that we are waiting for before the next version can be released?

It's not arbitrarily forbidden, it forbidden because it's irritating as fuck, and adds nothing to the community. Furthermore, the idea that a release date is the only important piece of information is completely off the mark.

Yes there IS, in fact, a list of what needs to be updated still, and that list is almost worthless, because there's a good possibility that there won't even BE technic for 1.2.4, since 1.2.5 is so close.

You know what would be a better solution? Keeping your community informed about your progress. Everybody wants to know about the next version and banning talking about it is just a childish resort. If you don't like a thread you don't comment on it, your opinion is never that important.

Don't post a release date: get yelled at by impatient people.

Post a release date: get yelled at by 10x as many people because you don't actually have a way of knowing for certain when you can get ahold of updated versions of all the mods and iron out all the bugs created by integrating them.

Post progress updates: get yelled at by the same impatient people as above, but with more screams of "You're too slow!"

You know what would be a better solution? Keeping your community informed about your progress. Everybody wants to know about the next version and banning talking about it is just a childish resort. If you don't like a thread you don't comment on it, your opinion is never that important.

You're new here, so i'm going to explain things:

This is not MCForums, nobody owes you anything, the technic team is going to work in the capacity that suits THEM best, not you, not 20someodd slackjawed yokels who want to know every little detail about the dev process, not the community as a whole.

The community as a whole exists to reap the profits of work that the technic team is doing for free, and part of the price of that is not bugging them for updates every half an hour.

All of the rules exist for reasons that, despite what your opinion may be, make perfect sense to a large portion of the people who post here regularly. Acting like things should change for you is not only selfish and arrogant, but if you had taken a cursory glance around at other people who demand changes here, you would have known that it is also futile and stupid.

his opinion may not be, but he is also stating the technic team's opinion as well, as expressed in the rules. as it happens, when you are the admin of a forum, your opinion matters a whole hell of a lot in that forum.

Ah, my bad, I thought you were being serious. :P

That'll teach me for not being more careful about spotting "trolls".

Strawman arguments are lovely.

if you're talking about Jay, he is being serious. that is how this forum works. if you were responding to me, I am also being serious. no one is trolling here.

well i looked for a forum to look fro what i was asking and i thort it was a valid question and if people cannot ask what thay need to ask then what's the point in it being a forum based site and i may be new and yes i did read the rules and even tho it gives out the offence of saying everything has to be perfect like spelling i cannot help it i cannot help being dyslexic .

So me asking a question isent wrong at all and being rude to people is not needed people that are rude and childish are those that should be banned if anyone not me like i have been once before for once gain asking a simple question that i wanted to know

you asking questions that are clearly stated to be verboten is, in fact, wrong. also, don't give me this "I'm dyslexic" BS. so am I, and you don't see me complaining about how I should be free from proper spelling on account of my disability. you CAN help it. on top of that, perfection is not what is required, thought is required. people make decent posts here all the time with improper spelling and grammar and no one hassles them about it.

your problem is not spelling, or dyslexia. your problem is a crippling condition called "moronitis". it's pretty clear you learned nothing from your probation.

your question has been answered, may you never ask it again.

you asking questions that are clearly stated to be verboten is, in fact, wrong. also, don't give me this "I'm dyslexic" BS. so am I, and you don't see me complaining about how I should be free from proper spelling on account of my disability. you CAN help it. on top of that, perfection is not what is required, thought is required. people make decent posts here all the time with improper spelling and grammar and no one hassles them about it.

your problem is not spelling, or dyslexia. your problem is a crippling condition called "moronitis". it's pretty clear you learned nothing from your probation.

your question has been answered, may you never ask it again.

well as far as i know i got probationed from asking a question that's it . and second i dont see why people have to be suck asses ask a simple question and you all just jump down the nice persons throat sounds about right to me

• Forum Administrators

It has already been explained by people on why there is no release date. There is also no progress to report besides "We're still alive and working!" is all you are going to get.

HalibutBarn said it better than I could have, there is no point to tell you guys when an update is coming. It is, just, you know, later.

Nobody wants an ETA, they want the next version. They think that if they have an ETA that they can plan around it I guess? An ETA is worthless and impossible. The only time we can guarantee a release is when we are actually releasing it (Probably broke as fuck too).

EVEN WITH all that, I don't think you'll get it, so what do I know. I can say this though: If you think this place is harsh or mean, then perhaps this isn't the place for you?