Tekkit Update ?

I understand the op asked a question that was clearly stated in the rules as a question not to be asked, but I do not get why jay had to be so rude. The first reply was a good enough answer and even let her know not to ask and if it is such a pain in the ass to deal with people who ask this question just delete the post instead of making her the subject of ridicule for pages and pages. (You could be doing something much more helpful to this community in the time you wasted bashing people here) Or just don't be a moderator!

You mods and devs and admins all brought a certain amount of responsibility on yourself by deciding to be a part of the technic pack and this website. Many other people who update mods or control forums can do so in a respectful manner to ALL users. In my search for questions (which there are many I have about this pack) I have seen numerous people on other forums saying they have been banned from here for simple questions (and not this one!) or just say that the admin here is downright rude and hateful. Now I see that first hand and I almost want to stop playing tekkit as to not support this crap. I won't because it is awesome, but these forums are a different story... why even have a donate button if you are going to be such dicks?

Also there is a difference between being able to say fuck a lot and being rude to people who really don't deserve it to this level. A little slap on the wrist, fine, but this whole thread is about the devs saying they would rather be assholes than say a sentence like" Look at the rules/sticky". I understand doing that a hundred times sucks but that is what community is for... others can reply and tell the newbies that or whatever and then mods can just delete the posts so they dont cause clutter.

TL:DR - I have never read of moderators being as rude as technic moderators. Deleting this post would have sufficed without the hatefulness so stop being lazy and trying to cover it up with being an asshole and do your job!

Mods, devs, and admins all have responsibilities to upkeep this forum and make it a pleasant place for ALL who may use it just as us users do to read the rules and adhere to them. Don't reply to someone breaking the rules by being irresponsible yourself.

As much as I don't care about people being ridiculed on this (or any other) forum, some people just ask questions without taking a second to understand what they are asking or the roles of those those who they ask. Also, making people "the subject of ridicule," may make them more aware of their ignorance perhaps even motivate them to gain more knowledge about the world around them. +1

You not playing Tekkit has nothing to do with support for "this crap." This website operates at a loss with little, if any, means of monetization (I have adblock on) so your 'support' means nothing unless you take the time out of your day and the cash out of your wallet to support the actual mod developers. Therefore, their rudeness is quite irrelevant.

They often (or other users) say look at the rules or sticky but people still refuse to follow simple directions.

All in all, I've wanted to (and sometimes probably have) asked when a mod or pack would updated to version x but I've noticed that when you're asking for a free product, you're at the mercy of its creator. In the long run, I resent companies for their terrible business practices far more than I could ever resent the Technic team for their 'rudeness' when dealing with either a simple blunder or a complete disregard for common sense. As much as I'd like to know what parts of a pack are currently in the works and if they foresee a working version in the works soon, I refrain not only because it would slow down their work but because it would induce more stress for them than it would relieve for me. If they answered every question for updates and other such questions covered in stickies, I don't believe they'd get much done at all (especially if they had to tiptoe around the feelings of every user whether those making a simple error, those of mental defect, or those of complete disregard for anyone but themselves).

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"They are putting their time, effort and money into technic so that you can enjoy it"

If that time, effort and money is also put into these forums to so I can enjoy them they are NOT doing what they are working "so hard" to do.

They are using time they could be putting into the mod or answering actual questions to ridicule a girl and everyone else who disagrees with them in this post. Not doing anything beneficial and actually adding to what they are trying to destroy!

I don't give a crap when the next update is. I am having enough fun with this version. I clicked this thread because it is so popular right now and I thought it may have information pertaining it and instead got this. Awesome knowing that one of the top posts on this forum right now is a thread they are going through all this trouble to get rid of. Mods do you see that this flaming is just achieving the opposite? If not, you are dumber than the ones you are calling dumb.

Yes, people are going to ask the same question over and over, that is the life of a forum and the mods are being just as big babies as the people asking the question by not wanting to press one little button (DELETE) when they see the question asked. Instead they want to make the problem worse and make themselves look bad.

It is never warranted or needed to be a jackass. They could have made their point in one sentence worded much nicer than what they have done and it would have done the job fine. Want proof? Go to ANY OTHER FORUM.

If that time, effort and money is also put into these forums to so I can enjoy them

Want proof? Go to ANY OTHER FORUM.

The forum does not exist for your enjoyment.

I don't want to go to "ANY OTHER FORUM". Other forums suck. This one has a good feeling to it and makes me comfortable. You know why? Because those forums pander to jackasses and morons. I don't find that to be a congenial atmosphere.

"They are putting their time, effort and money into technic so that you can enjoy it"

If that time, effort and money is also put into these forums to so I can enjoy them they are NOT doing what they are working "so hard" to do.

They are using time they could be putting into the mod or answering actual questions to ridicule a girl and everyone else who disagrees with them in this post. Not doing anything beneficial and actually adding to what they are trying to destroy!

I don't give a crap when the next update is. I am having enough fun with this version. I clicked this thread because it is so popular right now and I thought it may have information pertaining it and instead got this. Awesome knowing that one of the top posts on this forum right now is a thread they are going through all this trouble to get rid of. Mods do you see that this flaming is just achieving the opposite? If not, you are dumber than the ones you are calling dumb.

Yes, people are going to ask the same question over and over, that is the life of a forum and the mods are being just as big babies as the people asking the question by not wanting to press one little button (DELETE) when they see the question asked. Instead they want to make the problem worse and make themselves look bad.

It is never warranted or needed to be a jackass. They could have made their point in one sentence worded much nicer than what they have done and it would have done the job fine. Want proof? Go to ANY OTHER FORUM.

And not a single fuck was given 8D

As much as I'd like to know what parts of a pack are currently in the works and if they foresee a working version in the works soon, I refrain not only because it would slow down their work but because it would induce more stress for them than it would relieve for me. If they answered every question for updates and other such questions covered in stickies, I don't believe they'd get much done at all (especially if they had to tiptoe around the feelings of every user whether those making a simple error, those of mental defect, or those of complete disregard for anyone but themselves).

And sitting on these forums being assholes on a thread that was answered BEFORE they arrived isn't wasting their time and slowing them down at all?

THAT is what I am most angry about. They say they don't have TIME to answer these questions but they have the time to flame people who ask these questions... /palmface.

And sitting on these forums being assholes on a thread that was answered BEFORE they arrived isn't wasting their time and slowing them down at all?

THAT is what I am most angry about. They say they don't have TIME to answer these questions but they have the time to flame people who ask these questions... /palmface.

Well, yes. It's called "supporting the community". The moderators and administrators have finely-honed senses of irony and wit, and they use those tools to great effect. It's a beneficial expenditure of time.

Thin ice. You're skating on it.

jakj, I was replying to someone who told me they put their time, effort and money for people to enjoy their stuff. I am not enjoying it and I use their forums. It seems like there are others in this thread who don't appreciate it either. If you do, cool. But not everyone is you.

You did say though that "We've already proven with quantitative, objective evidence why such an attitude from the moderation team is both warranted and appropriate."

If you look at any other forum you will see that it is NOT needed nor appropriate. But since you don't go to other forums I guess that is why you think it is normal. IT IS NOT. I have never seen forum mods so rude.

Try to understand what I am typing before you reply with something that goes off of one sentence but none of the context.

Aww Jay gets mad when people start speaking the truth. Another shitty thing about the mods... they can dish it but not take it. They decide to use their ban button for personal use than to actually benefit the forums. (If they used them for that reason this thread wouldnt be here)

Ciao! Au revoire! Auf Wiedersehen! Sayonara! Don't forget to write!

Try to understand what I am typing before you reply with something that goes off of one sentence but none of the context.

Everything you just explained just made me more confident that what I said was the appropriate response to your statement. So, perhaps, it is -I- that -you- did not understand.

Swing and a miss. The mod pack is for you. The forums are for them. Well them and people who actually know how to read stickies, lurk before posting, and generally contribute to the community that they are trying to form. The fact that there is a forum at all is another testiment to their generosity. There doesn't need to be a community of helpful and supportive posters here for people to come to with questions about the modpack, but there is anyway. Whether people are intelligent enough to navigate these treacherous waters and actually make use of the resources here, well that is up to them. If you do not like the community here, by all means get bent.

If you look at any other forum you will see that it is NOT needed nor appropriate. But since you don't go to other forums I guess that is why you think it is normal. IT IS NOT. I have never seen forum mods so rude.

It is not that we never visit other forums ever, simply that this one is preferable. I have two tabs open right now, technic forums and minecraft forums. MC forums are full of dipshits asking the same questions that have already been answered over and over, posts without content, random memes and "+diamonds!" etc etc. This forum has cool people like jakj and jay casually mocking people like you. Guess which one brings me more enjoyment. Since you obviously do not and will not understand why we prefer this atmosphere, I direct you in the general direction of those other forums you prefer. You clearly do not belong here.

I've been part of plenty of other forums. I've moderated other forums. I wish with all my might that I could have been as direct on those forums without being banned as I can be here. the goal of the forums is not to please everyone, contrary to your belief. the fact that you are not happy that some DUDE (avatar != gender, sir knight) got told along with others who tried to defend them does not make this a crappy forum. nor does the fact that this thread has so many replies make the forum look bad, it serves as a warning to anyone smart enough to see it. if you are a crappy poster, you will be laughed at until you stop posting crap or just stop posting.

interestingly enough, if someone does something like this, then gets a clue and starts posting right, it doesn't even come up and no one hassles them about it. why? because we don't give a shit about "who" you are, just what you have to say. if what you have to say is retarded, get bent. that's all there is to it.

TL;DR: this forum is not like others because other forums suck. go to those forums full of 10 year olds if you love them so much, no one will miss you.

interestingly enough, if someone does something like this, then gets a clue and starts posting right, it doesn't even come up and no one hassles them about it. why? because we don't give a shit about "who" you are, just what you have to say. if what you have to say is retarded, get bent. that's all there is to it.

This is the essence of it. Imagine if life in general actually worked this way, if nobody cared who you are, what you've done, where you've been, where you're going, what you look like, what you sound like, or even what your name is, but only cared about the content of your communication.

Think about that. Really think about it.

Wouldn't that be a really nice world to live in?

• Forum Administrators

... (You could be doing something much more helpful to this community in the time you wasted bashing people here) Or just don't be a moderator!...

... I almost want to stop playing tekkit as to not support this crap. I won't because it is awesome, but these forums are a different story... why even have a donate button if you are going to be such dicks?

You are exactly the kind of person we DON'T want here, on our forums. Nobody asked you, nobody expected you to show up. We've already told you why and yet you are incredibly dense and ignorant and simply don't 'get' it.

Your ignorance shines bright and true when you bring up the donate button. You are mistaken. GO. READ. WHAT. THE. DONATE. PAGE. SAYS. Just try it! For me! And realize that you have no earthy idea what you are talking about. If you are going to come to the debate please at least have a clue on what is going on.

TL:DR - I have never read of moderators being as rude as technic moderators. Deleting this post would have sufficed without the hatefulness so stop being lazy and trying to cover it up with being an asshole and do your job!

Mods, devs, and admins all have responsibilities to upkeep this forum and make it a pleasant place for ALL who may use it just as us users do to read the rules and adhere to them. Don't reply to someone breaking the rules by being irresponsible yourself.

:rolleyes:

You have no goddamned idea what you are talking about, and you don't belong here. I have told you exactly why this place is run how it is run, you have claimed to read it (I have some extreme doubts) and nothing stuck. Why? Why can't you accept that this place is run how we want it to be run? I will say it again, even though its useless, but I feel a sense of fulfillment when I do:

This isn't some philosophical touchy-feely sing-kumbayah-around-a-campfire board where we discuss deeper philosophical principles on what it means to be banned, what is truly "fair" in life, etc. We are all cool people (yes, human beings) so treating everyone like one will get you much further than trying to pull an "academic know-it-all, everyone else is a brainless monkey" on other people, let alone staff.

jakj, I was replying to someone who told me they put their time, effort and money for people to enjoy their stuff. I am not enjoying it and I use their forums. It seems like there are others in this thread who don't appreciate it either. If you do, cool. But not everyone is you.

You did say though that "We've already proven with quantitative, objective evidence why such an attitude from the moderation team is both warranted and appropriate."

Aww Jay gets mad when people start speaking the truth. Another shitty thing about the mods... they can dish it but not take it. They decide to use their ban button for personal use than to actually benefit the forums. (If they used them for that reason this thread wouldnt be here)

Ciao! Au revoire! Auf Wiedersehen! Sayonara! Don't forget to write!

I can keep saying 'you have no idea' and 'you are woefully ignorant' and 'you dont belong here' all day and yet you still come back, desperately trying to show us the error of our ways as we keep telling you that no, we do this on purpose.

I hope you'll simply stay away since we don't want you on these boards of ours, but heck, lets keep the ball rolling.

You are right, "any other forum" doesn't do it this way, and they are terrible. "any other forum" is exactly what none of us want this forum to become. I truly do not understand why people keep trying to come in here and correct us. Its very clear, the rules, our attitude, our stance. Instead you guys keep streaming on in, telling us we're unfair and that we're horrible horrible people. I also really like the 'we cant take it' line, a classic instigation of hostility meant to get under our skin. I'll quote an idol of mine here: "You're out of your league son" - FlowerChild, 2012

Just hang in there, we gonna provide the video!

Sorry im late, hope the popcorn is still there.

DISCLAMER:

This video has NOTHING to do with Tekkit whatsover. Its a 100% private thing, just for testing (made 2 weeks ago). All sorts of flaming/Hellen Keller status is expected from this one. But really guys, just wait, it will be good whenever Tekkit updates, I promise!

On a sidenote, using this much time, telling ppl to "bugger off", really? I mean, dont the downside of doing that get like, bigger than the positive sides of trying to sort stuff out instead? Idc, I dont know how this rolls, I just love the pack u guys got going, and as u guys, I have no issus with being honest about stuff.

Untill im Helen Keller++, well, ill continue doing the same on these forum as I have in the past, eighter u guys feel its good or not :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If anyone else in the future replies below this line that isn't an admin/moderator and digs this thread back up, know that I will automatically probate you, personally. There is no ETA. Read the rules.

The Line:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------