Kerbal Space Program

Xylord

Hello there, all you terrestrials!

Might you've heard of it, might be you've not, but here it is, my favorite simulation game since years, a space program simulator!

KSP was released in June 2011 by a nice hispanic Indie dev team called squad. It's basically a multi-genre game with a building part, a flying part and a dreaming part (Clicky). Simple; Design your rocket, spaceship or spaceplane, and then fly your brave Kerbals to their (almost) certain death.

For now, there isn't even a campaign mode, but it's still a lot of fun with lots of things to do, including but not limited to : planet or moon exploring, interplanetary probing, space station building... And much much other! Also, check out the amazing modding community, there's some great modeling over there. Some of my favorites are B9 Aerospace, KW Rocketry and Mechjeb.

Go get it now on steam or the main site and start wasting the resources of Krussia!

Main Page

Modding Platform

Steam Page

Kerbalnauts, go ahead and share screenshots, stories tip and trick or pleas for help here.

No.

Seriously, no.

There is no Kercury, Kars, Kenus, Kjupiter, Katurn, nothing. The star isn't called the Kun. The satellite isn't the Koon.

Therefore, there isn't a Krussia, Kunited Kates kof Kamerica or Keurope.

Seriously. I will disembowel and dismember you. With a blunt, wooden spoon.

I mean, one of the devs (NovaSilisko) hates you if you do that. Do you want the dev to hate you?

Also, if you're from Europe, you can buy the game directly from the dev's website. It will save you about seven Euro, I think.

On the downside, come the next update you may have to wait a day or two for the download servers to get back from having been strangled to death by a mob.

Decide for yourself if that's worth the seven Euro you saved.

I am mildly annoyed.

I accidentally deleted my save. (Yes, that happens.) Now I can't seem to build the most basic of aircraft any more.

Haven't even tried rebuilding the R-11 "Phoenix" (The hypersonic jet), since I can't get get the F-7 "Marine" to fly straight like it used to do.

What the hell happened?

No.

Seriously, no.

There is no Kercury, Kars, Kenus, Kjupiter, Katurn, nothing. The star isn't called the Kun. The satellite isn't the Koon.

Therefore, there isn't a Krussia, Kunited Kates kof Kamerica or Keurope.

Seriously. I will disembowel and dismember you. With a blunt, wooden spoon.

I mean, one of the devs (NovaSilisko) hates you if you do that. Do you want the dev to hate you?

Also, if you're from Europe, you can buy the game directly from the dev's website. It will save you about seven Euro, I think.

On the downside, come the next update you may have to wait a day or two for the download servers to get back from having been strangled to death by a mob.

Decide for yourself if that's worth the seven Euro you saved.

Silly Melfice. Do I look like I have members to be separated of? I barely have fins...

I forgot about buying it on the site, probably because my subconscious reminded me of the frustration I had at updates, when I had to wait until the server resurrected from the grave to be able to get the update. Gonna add it.

And for your amnesia issue, try to just remember the basics (symetry, CoL behind CoM, yaddi-yadda) and build small, and apply what works on bigger if you want.

I tried the demo once... My Physics Teacher tried to explain to me how Rockets work... He was very wrong about how to make it launch and kept making fireworks... My rocket barely made it off the ground, but still landed with out exploding. I am smarter :D

I tried the demo once... My Physics Teacher tried to explain to me how Rockets work... He was very wrong about how to make it launch and kept making fireworks... My rocket barely made it off the ground, but still landed with out exploding. I am smarter :D

no, you simply have a better understanding of the game engine, silly

Got Kerbal, am still trying to puzzle out the controls. I wanna explode Kerbals in space, but will settle for launching a probe into orbit to spy on my competitors. :P

And just to keep things fresh in here, what mods would you recommend in grabbing?

Got Kerbal, am still trying to puzzle out the controls. I wanna explode Kerbals in space, but will settle for launching a probe into orbit to spy on my competitors. :P

And just to keep things fresh in here, what mods would you recommend in grabbing?

Other than the ones I named in the OP, a few good ones are the stealth parts pack and the HOME mod, and also the whole Lazor series; including solid state lasers and laser-guided missiles.

Thanks, downloading now, will use some of KW for the rockets. My NotSoTinyCraft Mk I doesn't seem to want to get up high enough, even if TinyCraft Mk I was much more successful in achieving at least low Kerbal orbit.

Thanks, downloading now, will use some of KW for the rockets. My NotSoTinyCraft Mk I doesn't seem to want to get up high enough, even if TinyCraft Mk I was much more successful in achieving at least low Kerbal orbit.

Bigger rockets can get tricky... Don't forget to try and drop useless weight as soon as possible.

Also, the result of Project Seth III.

41A15CB4371324CDC93A27FE41EB9EBF3E1C9DFF

- TAC Fuel Balancer, when/if you decide to get into aircraft and/or single stage to orbit craft.

- B9 Aerospace Pack.

- Firespitter Pack (aircraft parts)

Those are just a few high quality parts that spring to mind.

KW Rocketry has a great aesthetic and really compliments B9 Aerospace, which everyone should use. Romfarer's LAZORS plus MM's Kethane mod will give you much more incentive to land on random moons. Those should keep you ticking over until the next update, which will be HUGE.

KW Rocketry has a great aesthetic and really compliments B9 Aerospace, which everyone should use. Romfarer's LAZORS plus MM's Kethane mod will give you much more incentive to land on random moons. Those should keep you ticking over until the next update, which will be HUGE.

Oh, Kethane is a lot of fun, I messed with it a bit a while ago, I should put it back.

I crash (The game, not the ship) every second launch and have no idea why. I'm running win 8 so the fix posted on the ksp forums doesn't work for me. Any suggestions besides putting my graphics to nothing?

I crash (The game, not the ship) every second launch and have no idea why. I'm running win 8 so the fix posted on the ksp forums doesn't work for me. Any suggestions besides putting my graphics to nothing?

I get the same problem. It seems to accompany having a bunch of mods installed (big or small). I've got small stuff like quantum struts and the crew manifest but it's crashing anyway.

Also, do you have any large part packs (novapunch, kw rocketry) installed? Having just one of those made the game crash every launch for me.

I get the same problem. It seems to accompany having a bunch of mods installed (big or small). I've got small stuff like quantum struts and the crew manifest but it's crashing anyway.

Also, do you have any large part packs (novapunch, kw rocketry) installed? Having just one of those made the game crash every launch for me.

Never installed no fixes, and I never got trouble even though I got 200 hundred parts worth of mods.