Bring back IC2 and Redpower 2

IR_Matt

I love the big change i find some of the mods on here are brilliant, but Thermal Expansion doesn't have the capabilities of Industrial Craft. I find that the only truly compatible mod with TE is Buildcraft, but IC2 is more compatible with Power suits, Galactic craft and buildcraft. also redpower 2 is awsome!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the big change i find some of the mods on here are brilliant, but Thermal Expansion doesn't have the capabilities of Industrial Craft. I find that the only truly compatible mod with TE is Buildcraft, but IC2 is more compatible with Power suits, Galactic craft and buildcraft. also redpower 2 is awsome!

There are several reasons as to why they are removed and are not likely going to be added back in. Also, TE pretty much does have most of the capabilities of IC, though I will admit, not all. About ninety percent of everything in IC and RP has a replacement in other mods, and the team is working on finding more mods to fill in the gaps.

yeah TE does have the cababilities of industrial craft but notice how galactic craft has a sealed copper wire for airlocks that are completely redundant because we don't have copper wire and you can't charge your power suits but i don't see why there was any reason to remove IC2

Actually TE is compatible with everything under the sun, so I'm guessing you don't know what "compatible" means. It plays quite well alongside IC2 even. And yes, it doubles ores and can recharge things. The similarities begin and end there.

yeah TE does have the cababilities of industrial craft but notice how galactic craft has a sealed copper wire for airlocks that are completely redundant because we don't have copper wire and you can't charge your power suits but i don't see why there was any reason to remove IC2

You absolutely can charge power suits. Energetic Infuser. You can't seriously think they would have an oversight like that.

Those copper wires are actually for UE (Voltz). They don't work with IC2.

Thank you for telling me. NOW EXPLAIN WHY WE ARE USING ENGINES AND NOT A NUCLEAR POWER. BECAUSE THIS ISNT THE 1800'S!

Minecraft isn't real life. In fact, the more "practical" stuff like Engines probably suits Minecraft better than nuclear reactors. Just look at the original pistons mod and compare that to Mojang's take on Pistons.

I beg your pardon?

There's no copper wire in this recipe.

There's a block called "Sealed Copper Wire". It looks like the Tin Decoration Blocks that a Space Station is made of, but also acts like a Copper Wire from UE.

well i personally find IC2 better than UE and TE.

You've stated that point several times. However, you've given no reasons for why it is better, other than a flimsy "There's a copper wire block!" and a weak "compatibility" reason. (Also: If it works together, it's compatible!)

The devs chose to remove IC2 and RP2 because their functionality can be recreated via other mods (except for frames) and they don't want to keep using the same mods over and over because they are popular, they are using new mods to give us some variety

Final point, if you like IC2 and RP2 so much here is some advice

1. Make your own mod pack
  2. Get a file host that allows direct links
  3. Add it to platform
  4. Make a server for it if you want SMP
  5. ???
  6. No profit, because you shouldn't be trying to make money off of this

You've stated that point several times. However, you've given no reasons for why it is better, other than a flimsy "There's a copper wire block!" and a weak "compatibility" reason. (Also: If it works together, it's compatible!)

O.K TE has a broad definition of compatible! The reason IC2 is better is they have way more items, more upgradable machines, nuclear power, solar power, wiring that is far better than TE, NUCLEAR POWER! generators that actually work, the feeling of "OH SHIT MY POWER PLANT BLEW UP MY ENTIRE HOUSE NOW I NEED TO START AGAIN!" Its a funny feeling you don't get with TE, Power suits work better with IC2, oh and have i mentioned NUCLEAR "MOTHERFUCKING" POWER!

The devs chose to remove IC2 and RP2 because their functionality can be recreated via other mods (except for frames) and they don't want to keep using the same mods over and over because they are popular, they are using new mods to give us some variety

Then why did the developers make a mod pack and why not just have a package that gave you a random package of mods everytime you log in because that is variety. It doesn't help server owners when they keep changing mod packages and its not very backwards compatible so if anything they should have just left it how it is.

NUCLEAR "MOTHERFUCKING" POWER!

Nuclear power that blows up about 100 times larger than any engine. IC2 and RP are most likely not going to be added back in, get used to it.

The tekkit team are also looking for more generator options. So for now, get used to the fact that you have to use engines, they are more minecraft like than a nuclear reactor anyways.

News flash: Tekkit Lite is still available and it has IC2 and RP2! Go play that!

Methinks there needs to be a sticky topic in this forum regarding the whining about IC2 and RP2. Yeah, like a lot of other people I was sad to see them go, building HV Solar panel factories and MFSU factories was fun. There are quite a few reasons why they aren't included in the new Tekkit, and should probably be made crystal clear in a sticky...

Honestly I'm having a lot of fun learning the new systems like AE, TE, MPS, etc. It's a welcome, refreshing change of pace.